openSUSE 10.3 RC1 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/files/3411_rezia/800px-SuSE-logo.svg.pngAfter quite a few rebuilds and testing, the openSUSE team is happy to announce that RC1 looks brilliant and is now available for download. We consider this release to be feature complete, stable, and suitable for testing from any user. For more information on the release schedule.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/2156/103_cdboot.png​
  • libzypp 3.24
  • Virtualbox 1.5
  • OpenOffice.org 2.3RC3
  • Countless bug fixes in every component: 535 bugs RESOLVED/FIXED
  • 485 packages submitted
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/2157/103-kde-desktop.jpg​

Bugs FIxed :-
  • Online update opens an annoying popup with the progress. We’ll prepare an online update for it, so it will only affect the first update (Bug #326247)
  • On some machines we have problems with the kernel and ACPI - investigating, more data would be helpful
  • GNOME is not yet final - we will update this right after RC1 and prepare a RC2. This one will be made internally, but you can get the update through Factory
  • 32bit PPC machines have a problem with dependencies that try to install 64bit RPMs.
    Check this for updated bug report : *en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs_10.3_dev
As usual, the openSUSE team urges users to test this beta release and report back through the openSUSE's bugzilla. There is no focus area, so please use the product and file bug reports as if it was final and you wanted to use it for real.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/2158/Animation-burn.jpg *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/2159/Cube-atlantis.jpg

openSUSE 10.3 release schedule:
  • Thu, Sep 6: openSUSE 10.3 Beta 3
  • Thu, Sep 20: openSUSE 10.3 Release Candidate 1
  • Thu, Sep 27: openSUSE 10.3 Goldmaster release (internal)
  • Thu, Oct 4: openSUSE 10.3 public release
Download : DVD ISO :i386 | x64
CD ISO : KDE . i386 | x64
Gnome : - i386 | x64
Live CD : KDE |Gnome

Last edited:
OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Well I hate it ! :x My experience with truth :lol:[open Suse] was bad.. Can't mount HDD.. no media codec.. .rpm baffled.. can't go reso. higher than 1024x768 :x We are debian'ians :lol:

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Well, SUSE is good if you want a KDE centered Distro, but as Shashwat said, you're better off with Ubuntu/Debian if you don't want to annoy yourself to get everything work the way YOU want!

SUSE, Gentoo (!!), Fedora are for experienced users/those who want to timepass configuring/learning how to 'Play' with Linux :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thanks for the news shashwat. btw, i seriously think you should take up the job as OSS reporter in various fields. check out each of the sites. all ur posts are very neatly formatted :)

praka123

left this forum longback
suse definitely lure new users with eyecandy.but...even with yast or yum or repositories... rpm sucks!suse can easily win market if they shift to apt & dpkg .deb.
just reading man rpm vs man dpkg give how debian is forefront reg package management which indeed must be easier for end user.unfortunately rpm fails.
a casual user may want Ubuntu as the distro of choice.but 'wise guys' look at screenshots later to find the annoyances of rpm.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Only if Novell made the move from rpm to deb... there will none stopping them.... Waiting eagerly for 4th Oct now... not long... I want it on digit Nov DVD. :-D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah, final's out and here's a quick review at its new and easy features:
*linux.wordpress.com/2007/10/04/opensuse-103-officially-deployed-to-world/

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
i just installed suse 10.3 its really cool it has mp3 support ntfs read write support mono support xgl every thing including microsoft fonts gui pppoe connection apache manage gui dns manager gui . it is many times better than its previous version 10.2 best distro release ever :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Locked this thread as OpenSUSE 10.3 final has already been released and there's a thread running on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom