Open DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
Anyone tried this. I went to opendns.com.
They said that i will get fater net by using their following trick.

Does tried that. I am using it now, i am able to say it is say (net is fast or slow)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

???

U mean Faster ??

yes, we can, as OpenDNS will have a Large cache compair with ISP DNS, therefore we can surf faster !!

And i use it... many other of this forum use it too !!

Does tried that. I am using it now, i am able to say it is say (net is fast or slow)

??

Cant understand what u want to point... ??

eagle_y2j

Youngling
I m using opendns service to resolve dns it is fine (can't say fast or too slow but gud as compared with lazy BSNL dns)

freebird

Debian Rocks!
any -ve points if using reg OpenDNS,is it a pvt company or some organizations?i wan 2 try too

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@freebird, its being managed well.. No problems so far (using since about a year). People say it can be target for a cache poisoning attack, but then, its monitored very well, and is user driven, so no issues so far. In other words, do try it out :)

freebird

Debian Rocks!
@kalpik thx.I just switched to opendns in my Debian Sid.I uses dataone adsl so ended up commenting out usepeerdns in the config thing.I tried each time the bsnl dns entries are automagically entered in /etc/resolv.conf.anyway now got opendns,yet to see some changes:p

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
sourav said:
Anyone tried this. I went to opendns.com.

This was posted HERE

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
freebird said:
@kalpik thx.I just switched to opendns in my Debian Sid.I uses dataone adsl so ended up commenting out usepeerdns in the config thing.I tried each time the bsnl dns entries are automagically entered in /etc/resolv.conf.anyway now got opendns,yet to see some changes:p
Why dont you try this: *www.opendns.com/start/unix.php
Or better still, add opendns servers to your router itself under the DNS section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom