Online Radio queries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I use Winamp. Is it possible to save the audio files that are streaming through online radio? Is there a s/w for tht? While i am listening to online radio, does downloading takes place?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Sometimes i get to dwnld the documents,videos ,songs in some site to get actualy get dwnld through IDM-Internet download manager which are only meant to see or listen in the site...This s/w catches the link somehow and the files like music,videos get dwnld

And for online radio the buffering happens and the file is not dwnld...It is actually streamed music via the internet media

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
What does buffering mean? Doesn't it happen at the host pc?
When i right click the streaming radio in Winamp the Network Received bytes goes on increasing. Tht means something is downloaded! Clarify me plz.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
blueshift said:
What does buffering mean? Doesn't it happen at the host pc?
When i right click the streaming radio in Winamp the Network Received bytes goes on increasing. Tht means something is downloaded! Clarify me plz.

Dnwld means u save the music in ur comp and then u play it while buffering means it is actually played from the server which hosts the radio station...Its not actually dwnld but is played through the internet network to ur system

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
When the buffering takes place, it's actually saved on ur hard drive temporarily. If played on the Media Player, they are saved in the Temporary Internet Files folder. Donno about Winamp.
But, there are other fine FM Players that play and give you the options to actually save the streaming audio in real time.

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Ravi+ish said:
When the buffering takes place, it's actually saved on ur hard drive temporarily. If played on the Media Player, they are saved in the Temporary Internet Files folder. Donno about Winamp.
But, there are other fine FM Players that play and give you the options to actually save the streaming audio in real time.

So anyways it is going to add to my downloaded bytes, right?
Could you name such players?

prasad_den

Padawan
blueshift said:
So anyways it is going to add to my downloaded bytes, right?
Could you name such players?
Definitely... It'll count in your download volume..
Here's the link to one cute little player of around 700KB size that has got many indian fm stations...!!!!
*freehost14.websamba.com/nitinshinde/start.html

mediator

Technomancer
blueshift said:
I use Winamp. Is it possible to save the audio files that are streaming through online radio? Is there a s/w for tht? While i am listening to online radio, does downloading takes place?

Well yea there are programs that satisfy u!. My bro uses these softwares everyday. Neways one of em is WMrecorder. Google u will find in plenty!!

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
ok i have submitted a tutorial on recording online radio. check it out!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=32637

thanks

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Is there a way i can listen 91FM and 98.3 FM in my comp...These radio stations are available in bangalore which i frquently listen in my radio

Meaning how can i listen AIR-All india radio online in my comp

Last edited:

maindola

Broken In
Take this.....

Go it this link and download a very light application to play around 30 radio channels from all over the world.

*rapidshare.de/files/27321437/Online_Radio.zip.html

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom