Online Overclocking competition with exciting prizes to be won !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
indian overclocking community/enthusiasts have matured a lot...

in other indian forums its not hard to find Indians having water cooling kits/cellshocks/DICE pots..
so basically i mean darky's team has done nothing wrong in fixing clock speeds as these days those clocks are not hard to come..

basically getting highest scores in hardware requires "resources + skill"

axxo

99.9% Idle
Wouldnt mind doing that, could you devise a mechanism as to keep a check on whether people are sticking to Air cooling and not water cooling or something better ?
in that case you should also devise a mechanism to check identity of users superpi or whatever benchmarks they post..AFAIK liquid cooling isnt that much easy & affordable...ppl who gonna overclock E2160 never gonna opt for such expensive cooling for their cheapest bet proc.
i dont feel any valid reason for caping clock speed..just my opinion..
anyway good start this is....best of luck:cool:

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
in that case you should also devise a mechanism to check identity of users superpi or whatever benchmarks they post..AFAIK liquid cooling isnt that much easy & affordable...ppl who gonna overclock E2160 never gonna opt for such expensive cooling for their cheapest bet proc.
i dont feel any valid reason for caping clock speed..just my opinion..
anyway good start this is....best of luck:cool:

ppl who gonna overclock E2160 never gonna opt for such expensive cooling for their cheapest bet proc.-----> There is a different category specially for people with E2xxx series CPUs. So they will be competiting with all E2xxx CPUs.Isnt that fair ?

in that case you should also devise a mechanism to check identity of users superpi or whatever benchmarks they post------> They are supposed to post screenshots after completion for SuperPi along with CPU-Z screenshots.
We are only using SuperPi, no other benchmark is used.

Anyways enough of debating our methodology, we are not going to change it,like it or not.Whoever wants to participate is most welcome to do so.This thread is meant to inform users here of the competition and not for debating our rules and methodology.
We are not forcing anyone to participate, if someone doesnt like the rules, so be it.I cant make everyone happy.Whoever is content with the rules, are participating.
If you want to participate do so or else leave it.

Thanks,
Amey

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
you might want to give cash prizes and if possible rope in some sponsors and get a great poster design ;)

flash drives are DUMB

I'm writing a few more views will post after some time.

_

Last edited:
OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
you might want to give cash prizes and if possible rope in some sponsors and get a great poster design ;)

flash drives are DUMB

I'm writing a few more views will post after some time.

_
Thanks for your suggestions. Poster design ? What for ?
Sorry but why are Pen Drives DUMB ? Arent they useful ? Atleast we are giving a decent enough prize for an easy competition.All that is needed to be done is run the benchmark on your PC and submit,doesnt involve any sort of expenses or anything, all you need is a PC and some clocking skills.

Also please note, this is the first time we have organized something like this, there will be more to come which will be tougher and obviously carry better prizes.

axxo

99.9% Idle
am afraid I cant do any wonder with my single channel ddr2..the only fact that keep myself out of this comp..:(

OP
darklord

darklord

Cyborg Agent
am afraid I cant do any wonder with my single channel ddr2..the only fact that keep myself out of this comp..:(

Look, participation isnt gonna cost you anything.Its totally free !
No harm to submit your score, who knows you might win the 3rd prize or something.;)

if i get my thermalright 90i before the deadline, i'll try to participate :D

Go for it man :)

Last edited:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
I don't understand why people here want to argue against the rules and crap the thread.Just participate if you want to. Its a competition only for promoting overclocking in India. So stop arguing and start submitting your scores.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom