online link for download genuine windows XP Professional from windows site.

B C SHARMA

Right off the assembly line
I have genuine windows XP professional in my laptop, but the hard copy (CD) is lost but the key is still available on my laptop. How & from where I can download the genuine version. Please help ! because it is formatted now..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I have genuine windows XP professional in my laptop, but the hard copy (CD) is lost but the key is still available on my laptop. How & from where I can download the genuine version. Please help ! because it is formatted now..

Download any non-activated p1rated version and while installing, just enter your key.

Without cd key your os is never be genuine....you need cd key to activate the os.

Read properly and comment. He said, he lost the CD, not the key.

Last edited:
OP
B

B C SHARMA

Right off the assembly line
There is no any option for entering the CD Key or activation with key... the only option is PURCHASE ONLINE.. with remarks of SOFTWARE COUNTERFEITING.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Download from here *download.microsoft.com/download/8/...56bdbd758ba4/w2k3sp2_3959_usa_x64fre_spcd.iso and use your original product key to activate key.

And do remember to extract your key from your current installation before proceeding towards formatting.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that links seems to be for 64-bit XP which is not recommended for various reasons & as far as i know the name of official bootable XP Cd does not have "sp" in it so i am guessing these are upgrade Cds not install Cds.also it is microsoft policy to stop hosting discontinued/old OS from its official free servers so the only way to officially get XP CD from official microsoft links currently is by using MSDN/Technet subscription.better download from torrent/file hosting sites & check authenticity by matching with official hashes.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
because basically xp pro 64bit is an edition of Windows Server 2003. Both Windows Server 2003 x64 and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition use identical kernels and are built based on the same code bases.this is why it was infamous for its numerous software incompatibilities & driver issues.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Agreed with 64 bit XP part. I installed it once when i upgraded my RAM to 4GB but got a lot of issues. So switched back to 32bit version. Most of them are driver issue. But i guess now everything would have been fixed easily.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ I used it long time ago and as i said, those things would have been fixed. So i don't know about current scenario. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Download any non-activated p1rated version and while installing, just enter your key.
Bad suggestion :aaargh:
bcoz pirated version comes with modified loaders,patches etc
instead download from official MS download section.
also how much of RAM OP has will decide whether to use 32bit of 64bit for latter OP needs >4GB RAM for best performance :-D

Top Bottom