One thing U would love to CHANGE in LINUX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
These are the things that need to change in Linux

* Easy of Use, more easier than Windows O.S
* Unified Linux , this should be a standard , so that a application from one distro
can be installed in another distro without any problems.
* Hardware vendors must also include Linux drivers ( both 'rpm' & 'deb' formats)
with Windows drivers in the CD; this will happen when Linux is on equal footing with Windows
* User-friendly Documentation about the usage, tips, etc.,
* Configuration should be done using GUI Wizards, not tweaking the System files!!

And most of all you guys must learn Unix, it's very powerful & easy once you
master the command-line (Terminal Window) interface as @Satish pointed out!!
You can't do away with dependency @Vinayasurya, tell me can you install PhotoShop CS
in Windows 98?? Like that Linux O.S package need certain packages to be installed
before it can be installed.

Last edited:

aku

Gonna make it BiG
application installation and un-installation are a pain in da @ss... er.. neck
plus. u cant customise it as winxp.. what i mean 2 say is dat with the help of resource hacker u can even remove the word 'windows' from each and evry component of the os.. (though not legal)... i know u can also do that in linux.. but its not dat easy!!!

P.S. can any one help me with... well how to make a distro, rather it would be more appropriate to say how to recompile a distro?
i mean how to remove those packages which i dun need and add what i need... change the mane of the distro.. change the logos and remaster the distro and make a live cd out of it.
it should have the 'install to harddisk option!... can any one help me with this?

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
JGuru said:

* Hardware vendors must also include Linux drivers ( both 'rpm' & 'deb' formats)
with Windows drivers in the CD; this will happen when Linux is on equal footing with Windows

Hey what about tgz and source. Why leave out slackware, gentoo and users of such distros :).

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Linux should be more user friendly and with enhanced help as that is avalable in winxp. And yeah installation must be easier.

Aditya

\/endett/\

Broken In
though its distro dependent, still, i would still insist that Linux could do with a better organization of the desktop...especially the taskbar--it really helps when u r new to something.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
OK Tech_your_future,
* tgz & source should also be included in the driver CD accompanying the hardware. Sorry I just forgot. I was thinking about the top 4 distros - Ubuntu, Suse,
Fedora, Mandriva.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom