One thing U would love to CHANGE in LINUX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
No doubt, that Linux is a very good operating system......

But no one is perfect and Linux is no exception......

Every system has some or the other flaw and so as Linux has...

Lets discuss some weak points and short comings of Linux so that they get rectified and Linux becomes much better and in fact the best operating system....

All u need to do is to post just one draw back of linux or any one thing that u don't like in Linux......

Also try to post ur idea and view point to solve that problem (not compulsory)....

Starting off from me: What I don't like in Linux????

Well every thing in Linux is kernel specific particularly softwares where software made for one linux kernel at times fails to install in other linux kernel. At times these dependencies become very frustrating......

tuxfan

Technomancer
General drivers support. There are so many things that still don't work out of the box with various distros and you have to search and struggle before they work.

However, I really cannot stop at 1 :p
I also need standardisation among distros and ease of installtion of softwares.

borg

In the zone
Software installation/uninstallation routines need to be reworked.I don't want the .rpms & the .debs.

Standardization, as someone mentioned earlier, is also a must.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Drivers Drivers Drivers Drivers Drivers Drivers.

H/W manufacturers developing drivers as they do for windows...

borg

In the zone
Yeah man, drivers are desparately needed. My Techcom webcam & my HP scanjet 2400 are pretty much useless in Linux right now. Have to use Windows just for these two things :-(

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
pathiks said:
BT drivers shd be available in linux...
so i can access my net thru it.....

BT Drivers are available! Search for gnome-bluetooth and kde-bluetooth.

One more thing i want: full NTFS support.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^
ntfs will be done in a near future lots of projects are going on in this direction.

the main thing linux should do is provide drivers so hardware so that they may work not like my pctel modem which has no drivers on the whole world wide web:(

knight17

In the zone
Installing programs is difficult for beginers.
Need more built in user friendly documentation for users from win bgrd

praka123

left this forum longback
make a law:D like for selling ur company's hardware in Hindusthan,you need to have linux support/drivers for ur product.also like in kerala,teach in schools GNU/Linux and Open SOurce in other states also...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
1.) Packages name should be more user friendly, not like kermit, synaptic, etc (even I can't pronounce many of them :D ).
2.) Setups should also be user friendly, like Windows just NEXT, NEXT & NEXT...

Venom

Journeyman
@VG - they can make it simple but then they might violate the copyrights of other companies that use it!

Satissh S

Youngling
@vishal: next -> next?? ;-)
how about wandering frame after frame, or type a simple command and get things done??

@Venom: Copyright?? WOW :)) Does M$ have a patent for it?? WOW i'd support this patent alone!! Dont let it to others, World is much better without it!

Many of the grievances i hear about installing applications is that most of u are confused may be by the differences in packaging etc, The only thing that you guys shud know is Where to look for information and packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom