One Plus One without official CyanogenMod OS: POLL

Will you buy OPO in India without CyanogenMod?

• Yes, I will flash a custom OS and deal with the issues.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No, this kills the deal for me.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Never, wasn't even considering the purchase anyway.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Maybe in future, once they provide the OS in February.

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey guys,
Hope all of you are aware of this: The OnePlus One will ship without Cyanogenmod in India

What it means?

1. The phone will come with CyanogenMod OS initially but no updates, they will be blocked by IMEI. If there is a bug then you have to go and flash a custom OS and get support from them.
2. OPO will probably get a new stock based os by February, but I don't trust them that much to deliver it by February exactly and whether there will be any bugs in that OS.

So please vote the poll.

This thread does not belong with the main discussion thread as I want to see your opinion of this matter. So mods please keep it separate.

PS: The cute CM logo in the back of the phone goes out the door as well.

--
Update: Its official, NO CM FOR INDIA: *cyngn.com/blog/2014/12/oneplus-one-global-device-update/

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
seriously? people buy OPO to stick with the stock rom? buy it and go wild with custom roms, unless One Plus also disabled flashing of any rom with the cyanogen codebase.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
seriously? people buy OPO to stick with the stock rom? buy it and go wild with custom roms, unless One Plus also disabled flashing of any rom with the cyanogen codebase.
Lot of people do. Flashing OS is painful, and with CM coming as stock, os development has been very slow for OPO. Only a select few builds are available with bugs. I decided to buy it and get xposed in it and call it a day. I took the same route with my G2, xposed, greenify and I'm done with the stock OS which is very very stable.

Not all of as are on keen on flashing OS and spend hours doing it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Though i'm not planning to buy a phone for another 1.5-2 years, if I had an option, I'll buy Oneplus One and increase the flaming of microcrap. :twisted:

Cyanogenmod should call the agreement off. having a partner is good, but having one of the bad OEMs which isn't even an OEM but just a re-brander is stupid decision.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well they are promising a rom based on lollipop soon, and you could just as well flash the ota which is released outside India via some custom recovery
Since this phone has a pretty much good developer support, and with open sources and bootloader there should be plenty of stable roms out there, and most of the custom roms these days has ota support, like namaless for example
What I feel part of the attraction of OPO is its nexus like open endedness, there are a lot to try out
Cyanogen mod was a plus point, but the phone is still great without it (it's silly to believe that it's the biggest selling point)
Shouldn't be a factor

$hadow

Geek in making
Well CM was a big plus coz they were fixing the issues very rapidly and to be frank there were many. They will release the source code in feb after the product launch but damm you mmx you killed the deal.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I will wait and see till february what they come up with..Fingers crossed its close to stock android or else a deal breaker.

Flake

Linux User
Anyone can install CM Rom anytime but my main concern is about Warranty and Repair policy of OnePlus One. Are they going give me full warranty even after CM ROM installation in Indian OnePlus? Nobody is giving clear answer. Nobody actually knows anything about OnePlus policy regarding this.

ubergeek

Journeyman
Anyone can install CM Rom anytime but my main concern is about Warranty and Repair policy of OnePlus One. Are they going give me full warranty even after CM ROM installation in Indian OnePlus? Nobody is giving clear answer. Nobody actually knows anything about OnePlus policy regarding this.
I loved how xiaomi handled this, they released service centre list in India before releasing the mi phones

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Its official, CM is out of the picture for Indian buyers of OPO.
*cyngn.com/blog/2014/12/oneplus-one-global-device-update/

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I'll also leave this here as well: *forums.oneplus.net/threads/experience-at-a-op-service-centre-fourtech-computers-pune.197906/

Aaand this: *forums.oneplus.net/threads/yellow-...-vikas-during-ama-on-reddit-yesterday.201250/

Last edited:
Top Bottom