One Giant Command Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
WTF? Can't you people read? The url I have given has the exact command that will give you the needed output but you nutheads just ignore it and ask how to do the same stuff.
In case you people are 'url clicking challenged', here's the command to create the files
Code:
dpkg- l | awk '{print $2}' > installed_packages.txt
then use this command to restore them
Code:
apt-get install `cat installed_packages.txt`
note the backticks.

WTF? Can't you people read? The url I have given has the exact command that will give you the needed output but you nutheads just ignore it and ask how to do the same stuff.
In case you people are 'url clicking challenged', here's the command to create the files
Code:
dpkg- l | awk '{print $2}' > installed_packages.txt
then use this command to restore them
Code:
apt-get install `cat installed_packages.txt`
note the backticks.
so THATS why you called me an idiot on IRC the other day.... And I thought we were having personal issues.

The problem is, this BSNL connection of Mine is going all nutty when it comes to opening websites. Most of them, like deltaware, metalinker, etc are taking infinitely long time to load. I think BSNL is throttling down the bandwidth of those who download a lot. This month I have been on a downloading spree. And several sites don't load for some unknown reason. This site sometimes doesn't load. It got me the previous time.

SORRY

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
oh metalheadgautam, don't mind mehulved. he is just a bit cranky today. he is usually a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom