Old news but a surprise.. Chaiyya Chaiyya in Hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
This was a bit surprising.. Watched this movie "Inside Man" and surprisingly it had
"Chaiyya Chaiyya" as opening and ending. But in the credits it is wrongly written as "Written by AR Rahman and Gulzar" . Though I am not sure why the director chose the song there.... the various youtube links on the same shows that people love it.. So a late
kudos to Ar Rahman and Sukhwinder..

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Re: Old news but a surprise.. Chaiyya Chaiyya in Hollwood

This was a bit surprising.. Watched this movie "Inside Man" and surprisingly it had
"Chaiyya Chaiyya" as opening and ending. But in the credits it is wrongly written as "Written by AR Rahman and Gulzar" . Though I am not sure why the director chose the song there.... the various youtube links on the same shows that people love it.. So a late
kudos to Ar Rahman and Sukhwinder..
This is d first time u saw d movie, right??:)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
does 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' even fit in context of the movie in any way ?
I have not seen the movie.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Well if you have seen Moulin Rouge then there is a remix version of Chamma Chamma from China gate :D

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Well if you have seen Moulin Rouge then there is a remix version of Chamma Chamma from China gate :D

Yeah..That I remember.. But interestingly Why both these starts with "C" and repeats twice..?? (No place for a song like "chale chalo" unless you make it chale chale or chalo chalo ;-) )

Probably it is the rhythm and beats and the dancng mood they create attracting the west. And I would say these are thousand times better than American Rap.

does 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' even fit in context of the movie in any way ?
I have not seen the movie.

No..And I would love to know why the director opted for it. It is AR MAGIC probably

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom