-----::::::oh My My Ankit Fadia Reality Just Check It Out ::::::----

Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
HI guys

::cyborg:: again

once browsing few days back i found this just check it out see how this fadia guys is

*www.ankurb.info/2007/12/05/ankit-fadia-certified-ethical-idiot/

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
2 yrs back Ankit Fadia visited IIIT Hyderabad and he was giving a lecture in the audi(actually promoting his book)...The HOD of CSE asked him to "Get Out" and told him that "Our lowest performing student can think better than that"

Q)My company is blocking peer-to-peer software, and traffic can only be sent via port 80. Now you talked about proxies, how do I get to use a proxy to send it via some other port, while keeping in mind the fact that I need to keep the proxy settings for my company’s internal LAN?
Ankit Fraudia: Er, iske bare me mujhe itni zyada jankari nahi hai…
:lol:

2 yrs back Ankit Fadia visited IIIT Hyderabad and he was giving a lecture in the audi(actually promoting his book)...The HOD of CSE asked him to "Get Out" and told him that "Our lowest performing student can think better than that"
Holy $h!t! Serves him right :p

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
hahaha, IIT thing was top class, it would have been better if the short session were to be taped and some one flooring his sorry ass with some IIT style quesions :D and he saying "Er, iske bare me mujhe itni zyada jankari nahi hai…".

boy o boy that video would be really fun

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*attrition.org/errata/charlatan.html#fadia

*attrition.org/errata/charlatan/fadia/fadia1.html

*attrition.org/errata/charlatan/fadia/fadia3.html

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Hahaha pwned!!

Look at those comments after the blog. lol

But we gotta admit that he has promoted a lot for himself and made big bucks for himself, although he is an idiot like everyone says.

Various comments on Amazon for Fraudia's "Ethical" Shmacking $h!t:
I was amazed when I finished scanning this book today. Quite frankly, I can't imagine why it was ever published! Aside from the fact that it was published this year (2002), and aside from the fact that the author appears to have used a Windows 95 machine to do his tinkering (I won't even give the author the respect of using the word "hacking"), this book is riddled with misinformation, inconsistencies, and uncommented source code (which incidentally only compiles, according to the author, on a version of *nix that very few people use). Any hobbyist with more than one year of experience knows AT LEAST what's covered in this book, and they probably don't even realize it! This book doesn't cover ANY of the new operating systems, doesn't take into account ANY basic security precautions that have been in use for a couple years now, and does the reader a disservice by trying to explain (poorly) what "hacker" and "cracker" means (clearly the author was trying to impress his friends with his knowledge of jargon). There are MANY more useful tomes on the market; don't waste your money on this book! The single most useful piece of information this book contains is a single page where the URLs to SART and (I believe) CERT can be found!
A few more:
This book is basically a word for word copy from freely avaliable online documents and other books. The author fails to mention the documents that he uses as sources for his factual information. The worst part is, some of the sources the author used were unreliable themselves. Talking about libnet like it is a program just shows how inexperienced the author is in the subject he is writing about. How could one possibly write a technical book about something they don't know much about. As for the ethical part, there is hardly anything ethical about breaking into other systems. If you want to know how the hackers really get in, get hacking exposed. Hacking Exposed pulls no punches on describing how it is actually done. Spend your money on better things.
This book is appalling. I have the Indian version and it is sloopily put together as well as dated. In addition, it is hardly ethical in any sense of the word when the author suggests that you use your ISP to hack.

In addition, I have found script references in the book that are not written by the author and yet he doesn't identify this fact. He leaves them as if he wrote them. Further some chapters are nothing more than just a cut and paste from existing websites that are not the author's work.

If I was the publisher, I would be looking more deeply into this author's credibility. If you are serious about security, get a book like ... If you just want to be a script kiddie, this will do you fine.
Thanks to gagandeep's links :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Ankit FUDia should start giving marketing lessons rather than security lessons...:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom