Offline multiplayer on ps3

Karan93

Geek forever
I am thinking of purchasing a new ps3.I want to ask if i can play offline multiplayer using 2 or more controllers on a single ps3:confused:

Actually,i want to play smackdown vs raw,street fighter 4 with my friends at my home( using 2 controllers on a single console).Can anyone plz tell me which games support offline multiplayer.

BTW i have a 512 kbps internet connection.How can i play mutiplayer online

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Ofcourse you can. Why else do you think the PS3 supports upto 4 controllers (6?). Check the lights on the joystick. its got 4 lights for four players.

I play Tekkan, Blur and Street Fighter offline. I have UFC too.

Online connection is by LAN cable or wifi wireless. Just follow the steps its all easy. You need a PSN account which is free.

Good luck. Happy gaming.

OP
Karan93

Karan93

Geek forever
Thank you Sarath.I was a bit confused when i googled it and people said i can not play multiplayer on a ps3:cry:.But now everything is clear:smile:

Can i play smackdown vs raw multiplayer offline on a single ps3 with two or more controllers.I am a big fan of this game,i used to play smackdown on ps2 with my frends n i loved thrashing them:wwe:.I hope for a similar experience on the ps3:D

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
You are welcome :)

I dont own that game. I will ask my friend and let you know. He is a big WWE freak too.

I played upto 4players offline on a racing game BLUR. Its nice. But the controllers cost 3000 a piece.

Found this online
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 has awesome multiplayer, which stands out above the other games.

PS3: Lack of multiplayer racing games [Archive] - Absolute Write Water Cooler

OP
Karan93

Karan93

Geek forever
If Smackdown vs raw turns out to be multiplayer,my life would be complete:doublethumb:.I won't buy any other multiplayer game

Have you tried online multiplayer on ps3???Is it better than offline

Found something online

*us.playstation.com/ps-products/Bro...everyone_10,teen,mature,rating_pending&page=2

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Yes I play online. Its awesome and frustrating at the same time. You are competing with the world. Be prepared.

I played NFS Hot Pursuit, a little Burnout, Blur (all racing)
Had exams so havent got many other,

I have a new copy of KillZone3 which I will play soon. Online ofcourse.

Its good and its free so try it.

you are editing your posts arent you? lol for emoticons

OP
Karan93

Karan93

Geek forever
Do you buy all your games new or you buy second hand also??.I think i'll have to stick to the second hand option as new games cost a fortune.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
I have all new but hence forth I will only buy second hand. Its the same. I suggest you buy used games too. Since you are new you will find many good PS3 games.

However the online games need a pass which comes with new games or has to be bought in case of an old game. Will tell you more if you want to know.

To sum it up. Used games is the way to go. Buy and sell for better management.

OP
Karan93

Karan93

Geek forever
WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2011 is multiplayer(offline) and can support upto 6 offline player yippe :smile::smile:

There are 69 PS3 games which support 2 or more than 2 players in offline mode

COD black ops,Killzone 3,Portal 2,Fifa 11,Mortal combat support two offline players

Last edited:
Top Bottom