Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
^ it is TPM or amd ftpm
i think that is available on many systems. initially i got Not Compatible / Can't run Windows 11. then i checked BIOS and enabled amd ftpm. now it shows it can.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Windows 11 thread has been created - Official Windows 11 Thread

Please continue discussing Windows 11 there.

shivala

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I am quite interesting because I don't get why they skipped 9 and named it 10? o_0
Just like this, instead of naming Xbox 720.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Guys one of my PC-Desktop that has Windows 10 (64-bit) Pro installation(GENUINE WINDOWS LICENSCE FROM MS) is running very slow. The apps takes ages to open so do the various web pages/sites of Chrome,Firefox and Edge browsers.
Anti Virus used is "BULL GUARD PREMIUM PROTECTION"with full license and payment.

What may be the reason???

Screenshot 2021-08-13 124210.png

Screenshot 2021-08-13 124450.png

Any thing to do with .NET Runtime Optimization Services?

kg11sgbg

I am using HDD not SDD.
It slowed down the time since I swapped with a new Motherboard,as the previous one was non-functional due to some internal damage(chipset,etc...).
Previous one was: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
New one(changed) is: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2R2

Windows 10 in MBR(LEGACY BIOS) setup.

I also do have Ubuntu 21.04(LEGACY BIOS) installed in a separate HDD,obviously in separate partition. That is running and functioning great,without any lags or issues.
@SaiyanGoku any other suggestions???
Also, Friend @whitestar_999 ???

I am using HDD not SDD.
It slowed down the time since I swapped with a new Motherboard,as the previous one was non-functional due to some internal damage(chipset,etc...).
Previous one was: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
New one(changed) is: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2R2

Windows 10 in MBR(LEGACY BIOS) setup.

I also do have Ubuntu 21.04(LEGACY BIOS) installed in a separate HDD,obviously in separate partition. That is running and functioning great,without any lags or issues.
@SaiyanGoku any other suggestions???
Also, Friend @whitestar_999 ???
HDD is your culprit. Win10 is bloated these days, so it is at fault for sure, but not much you can do other than using SSD. Even a cheap SSD is much faster than a HDD.

kg11sgbg

Can you check what is consuming your disk usage the most?
In the previous page, I had already posted process running under Task Manager.
One entry is shown using the resource VERY HIGH, i.e. .NET Runtime Optimization Services!!!

Any idea about that?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
From a quick search online, it appears that .Net optimization service is a process that recompiles the .net libraries on your system. I've also read that it should only be running when your system is idle. If you think it's running while your system is active, perhaps it's some bug in Windows. Is your Windows up-to-date with the latest updates? Perhaps this could be fixed in it.

Otherwise, also try opening the resource monitor (Task Manager > Performance tab > Resource Monitor link at bottom) and check CPU, memory and disk usage. Sort the list to see which processes consume the most CPU, RAM or disk.

In my experience, system slowdowns occur either due to high disk usage or high RAM usage (which triggers paging to disk which subsequently causes high disk usage again). High CPU usage does not affect stability much unless you are running some heavy benchmarking tool.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the previous page, I had already posted process running under Task Manager.
One entry is shown using the resource VERY HIGH, i.e. .NET Runtime Optimization Services!!!
Get ssd, this .NET Runtime Optimization Service usually runs after any windows 10 system update & on a hdd it is painfully slow. There is no way to avoid it unless you completely disable windows updates.
@Desmond Just noticed you changed your username.

Top Bottom