Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

andy_65_in

Padawan
will downloading windows 10 may 2020 update with windows media tool create issues..as the same not available in windows update even noow

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
will downloading windows 10 may 2020 update with windows media tool create issues..as the same not available in windows update even noow
If you want to experiment and have a lot of free time on hand, sure go ahead. I won't update for another 1-2 weeks after roll out in case there are bugs which were not detected during development and pre-release testing.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
*www.pcgamer.com/the-windows-10-may..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

*www.windowscentral.com/how-use-clo...tw_card&utm_content=76073&utm_campaign=social

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Considering the big issues in an update a year ago or so, most don't want to install such major updates at launch, as said earlier here as well.
And if you still want to install then do it after making a system image so you can restore it back if the update doesn't work out for you.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why am I not surprised with such videos? (PS - didn't watch it)

Considering the big issues in an update a year ago or so, most don't want to install such major updates at launch, as said earlier here as well.
I watched it, the channel is okay (despite the "clickbaity" title). He linked official bug tracker in video description.

*docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
@sling-shot , @mayurthemad, @Omega-xt... thanks for helping me out but I purchased the tplink adapter and I can see the change in speed and persistent connectivity immediately.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200530/7bad4853819ded39f5f473ca94f61b9a.jpg

it seems the past adapter is a total waste

andy_65_in

Padawan
Successfully installed and running without any problem.
Updated motherboard, chipset, nvidia to latest 2004 compatible drivers.
See here:*i.imgur.com/iKl1RCs.png
how did you get it...my pc doesnt show it in updates...im on win 1909...did u use creation tool or update assuistant

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
My updated pc wont start now....after that may 2020 update.....the desktop is dead...after just working once
Don't want to sound harsh but many here did suggest you to wait for a few weeks before installing the update & worse you installed the update without it being offered via windows update which is the safest way to install any update. I think because you forcefully installed this update manually it clashed with some hardware/software setting on your pc resulting in this situation. I hope you learned your lesson from this fiasco.

Top Bottom