Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
@theterminator : Hi bro, the product page of your USB wifi I saw doesn't include support for windows 10, so maybe that's why it is causing the issue.( Btw I have a tenda usb wifi and it works properly on windows 10).*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200526/c4352fe01eef23d86ca9d6d80d829471.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
should i order this one?

TP-Link TL-WN822N N300 Wireless High Gain USB Adapter (White) *www.amazon.in/dp/B00416Q5KI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nRpZEbW5RYH97

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Did you check the existing driver version from Device Manager first?

It would be useless if you end up getting the same chipset. You would know only after installing.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Did you check the existing driver version from Device Manager first?

It would be useless if you end up getting the same chipset. You would know only after installing.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200526/c416eb8bbb27f4bab6716501ef32b4e0.jpg

the driver is old. im downloading and updating it

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200526/d767fd4da4993231e045a6df75785013.jpg
Also games are running in windowed mode and not full screen .. how to correct this , only seeing in win10

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Please go to the driver tab and check the version. Unfortunately Realtek itself does not seem to offer a driver for this chipset in its website.

A brief search sent me to this website Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter (network) drivers for Windows with driver version 10.038.1118.2019 (18 Nov 2019) [I have not used this website before so cannot vouch for the safety part]
If the version you already have matches this, then there seems to be no further hope.

If this is a newer version, you may try this after ensuring that a proper system restore point is created before install.

i downloaded from that site and it installed some software called DriverHub. I thought it would only install the driver software but it scanned the whole system for outdated drivers so I thought its good that these drivers will be updated then my keyboard mouse and other usb input devices stopped working ... i waited and waited and nothing happened so i shut off the cpu and booted into system only to find now keyboard mouse dont work
Doomed

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i downloaded from that site and it installed some software called DriverHub. I thought it would only install the driver software but it scanned the whole system for outdated drivers so I thought its good that these drivers will be updated then my keyboard mouse and other usb input devices stopped working ... i waited and waited and nothing happened so i shut off the cpu and booted into system only to find now keyboard mouse dont work
Doomed
Why would you download a driver "updating" software? :facepalm:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Even I didn’t create a system restore point as he said , that made me more nervous but when I entered into system restore through my bootable pen drive then I could see a system restore point was created just yesterday when I installed Apple iTunes.
So once again Apple saved my life ... ALL HAIL APPLE

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200526/f2285bb09cf131ce7bc754c51be872a2.jpg

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
hmm that’s why the facepalm i think
but when did i blame him?

I only wrote what i encountered
No, he just made sure you are aware that its untested by him. If there are driver issues on my PC/laptop, I'd either download from manufacturer's support page or search for it on windows update. I'd also make sure to not use such driver update software/functionality even on reputed applications.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
No, he just made sure you are aware that its untested by him. If there are driver issues on my PC/laptop, I'd either download from manufacturer's support page or search for it on windows update. I'd also make sure to not use such driver update software/functionality even on reputed applications.

Tried with windows Update but windows would tell me the best driver is installed ... now this is facepalm

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200526/c416eb8bbb27f4bab6716501ef32b4e0.jpg

the driver is old. im downloading and updating it

1. You can use 'Print Screen' or 'PrtScrn' key from your keyboard to get a snapshot of your screen and use Microsoft Paint program to cut out unnecessary parts. The resulting image will be very clear instead of looking like above.

Looks like you are probably out of luck here. This version seems to be the last one. I got the driver, looked inside. The driver version mentioned in the .inf file is the same as the one you have installed.

Go for the Tenda version linked above. I may have the same one (the name printed is Tenda on my adapter too). If the chipset turns out to be Ralink, then you may get the MediaTek driver I use and call it a day.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
@theterminator: This one has support for windows 10, check it out.
Robot Check › Tenda-W3...
Web results
Buy Tenda W311MI Wireless N150 USB Adapter Nano Online at Low Prices in ... - Amazon.in

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom