Official Windows 10 Thread: Installation and Issues (check first post)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
steps: How to configure Windows Update -

*i.imgur.com/4m9nnVR.png

YOu can select Notify to download & notify to install too, no more auto download.

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------------

How to Get Colored Window Title Bars on Windows 10 (Instead of White)

dissel

Cyborg Agent
steps: How to configure Windows Update -

*i.imgur.com/4m9nnVR.png

YOu can select Notify to download & notify to install too, no more auto download.

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------------

Thanks s18000rpm for the tip,

I choose "Notify For Download And Notify For Install"

But there is nothing under Settings though...

- - - Updated - - -

Update : gpedit.msc not available for Windows 10 Home Edition... ??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Yeah, only for Pro and Enterprise edition.

Sorry i didn't mention it in op

- - - Updated - - -

there are many help/tutorials/tipt & trick threads here *www.reddit.com/r/windows10

*www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f48kd/windows_10_tips_and_tricks/

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
All my 3 devices are running activated/licensed Windows 10 successfully with updates...:mrgreen:

1). Desktop PC (Upgraded from Windows 7 PRO 64-bit)

2). DELL Inspiron 14 5447 laptop (Upgraded from Windows-8.1 Single Language 64-bit)

3). Micromax Canvas LapTab LT666 Hybrid 2-in-1 (Upgraded from Windows-8.1 Single Language 32-bit)

polupoka

In the zone
Facing a strange problem. For last 3 hours trying hard to recognise my MOTO X(1st gen) and One Plus One 64gb in 'Windows 10 Education N'64 bit but in vein!
Though they are working fine on windows 8.1.
Anyone facing similar problem?:-(

All my 3 devices are running activated/licensed Windows 10 successfully with updates...:mrgreen:

1). Desktop PC (Upgraded from Windows 7 PRO 64-bit)

2). DELL Inspiron 14 5447 laptop (Upgraded from Windows-8.1 Single Language 64-bit)

3). Micromax Canvas LapTab LT666 Hybrid 2-in-1 (Upgraded from Windows-8.1 Single Language 32-bit)
How much time to take download update on bsnl broadband ?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Can I install windows 10 directly from a USB pen drive by making a bootable drive using Rufus??? Also, should I select legacy boot or UEFI boot???

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Can I install windows 10 directly from a USB pen drive by making a bootable drive using Rufus??? Also, should I select legacy boot or UEFI boot???

Yes you can install Windows 10 from a USB pen drive using Rufus. You need not select anything it auto selects everything.OK.Just select the ISO and point the USB pen drive that's all.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Yes you can install Windows 10 from a USB pen drive using Rufus. You need not select anything it auto selects everything.OK.Just select the ISO and point the USB pen drive that's all.
I meant while selecting the boot drive priority in the BIOS, should I select UEFI boot or Legacy boot???

Makx

Game on
u can choose either UEFI boot or Legacy boot. UEFI mode will format whole disk to create GPT partition.

Gollum

Collector
I meant while selecting the boot drive priority in the BIOS, should I select UEFI boot or Legacy boot???

if u have a laptop, or UEFI BIOS, slecting UEFI boot will not allow you to image the PC as the Flash Drive will also need to be UEFI compatible.
USE Rufus to make the flash drive UEFI capable.
The OS installation will take care of the rest.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
How much time to take download update on bsnl broadband ?

For a 2Mbps speed it takes nearly 3~3.5 hrs in BSNL broadband line.
Depending upon local conditions,line noise,etc. Since speed does'nt remain all along the same as 2Mbps, mind that.

ARE YOU ON A BSNL BROADBAND????????????
p.s. In fact you've questioned me the same on my pm.

Top Bottom