Official Unreal Tournament-3 2007 Thread **56k friendly**

*img444.imageshack.us/img444/6693/ut2007logodm4.th.jpg

Developer: Epic Games
Publisher: Midway
Genre: First Person Shooter
Format: Playstation 3/PC

Latest News

GDC 06: Unreal Physics
AGEIA reconfirms PhysX support in PC, PS3 version of 2007.

*ps3.ign.com/articles/699/699749p1.html

Gameplay

Unreal Tournament 2007 promises a return to the "feel" of the original Unreal Tournament. While UT2004's double-jumping and dodge-jumping will remain, Epic aims to make the game more fast-paced and less "floaty". Epic stresses that the aim with UT2007 is to create a whole new - and better - game, rather than merely a prettier UT2004. In addition to this, old favorites from the original UT such as jump boots and the ability to feign death will return in UT2007.

The gametypes present in the new title reflect the blend of old and new. UT2004's Onslaught makes a triumphant return, along with the classic Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF modes.
Epic is also introducing a brand-new gametpye called Unreal Warfare, which appears to be verging into MMO territory. This time it's also likely that vehicles will appear in standard CTF gameplay, rather than being included in a separate Vehicle CTF gametype a la UT2004.

While details of this new gametype are still sketchy, Unreal Warfare maps are set to be potentially as large as three Onslaught maps, with 'Assault'-like sub-objectives and even a limited form of resource management. Players will join one of the eight teams, each with its own unique armour, and wage war across huge territories which change depending on which team is in control.

With Unreal Warfare, it's clear that Epic intends to offer something for the more tactical gamer, with the Warfare mode focussing more on strategy, resource management and teamwork. The gameplay sequence at the end of this CG 2005 presentation shows what a Warfare sub-objective might look like.

As with previous UT titles, players will choose a character from one of the many game teams.

* * Nakhti (Egyptians from UC2)
* Necris
* Juggernauts
* The Corrupt
* Iron Guard
* Krall
* Jacob's Team (Marines?)
* "Player's Team" (Unnamed)

Weapons

The following weapons are confirmed to appear in UT2007:

* Rocket Launcher [list:e7e128aaa6]
As in UT2004 and Unreal Championship 2, the Rocket Launcher can load up to three rockets at once.

Flak Cannon

Redeemer

Link Gun

Shock Rifle

AVRiL

Sniper Rifle

Dual Enforcers

Impact Hammer

* UT's mining tool turned melée weapon returns in UT2007.

Stinger

Canister Gun

Target Painter
[/list:u:e7e128aaa6]

Vehicles

* Scorpion[list:e7e128aaa6]
-Rocket launcher
-XMP-style rocket boosters

Goliath

"This game will feature 27 vehicles" Jeff Morris (UT2K7 developer)
Source:*www.beyondunreal.com/ [/list:u:e7e128aaa6]

Videos:

UT2K7 Official Movie:*media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748505/vids_1.html

Video Interview-*media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748505/vids_1.html

Unreal Visual Evolution-*media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748505/vids_1.html

UT2K7 Mike Capps Interview-*media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748505/vids_1.html

UT2K7 Cam-*www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=748

UT2K7 Cam 2-*www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=811

Unreal Tournament 2007 In game footage-*video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4575670367039182443&q=unreal+tournament+2007

*img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720060225screen0011nc.jpg
*img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720060225screen0023fd.jpg
*img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720060225screen0031wl.jpg
*img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720060225screen0046pw.jpg
*img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720060225screen0054nk.jpg
*img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050822screen0012tp.jpg
*img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050822screen0025pd.jpg
*img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050822screen0038rs.jpg
*img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050822screen0047nb.jpg
*img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050822screen0054gv.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050822screen0063ib.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050822screen0075ts.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050518screen0011zr.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050518screen0020ut.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050509screen0012cn.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050509screen0028ta.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=92811720050509screen0032cu.jpg
*img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=up69fs.jpg
Previews:

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2007

Format: PlayStation 3
Developer: Epic Games
Publisher: Midway
Genre: First Person Shooter

20 Apr 06 Behold, ladies and gentlemen, the first exclusive look at the amazing Unreal Tournament 2007 on PlayStation3. This isn't just a fancy tech demo with a character walking around an empty room that'll bear no resemblance to the finished game. Oh no. This is an actual living, breathing, balls-out first-person fragfest, which is going to be one of the console's launch titles. Now pick up your jaws from the floor and we'll continue.

Some of you may be wondering why you should get so excited about what's traditionally been a PC game for years. Well, for starters this is no ordinary PC game. Unreal Tournament picked up the online multiplayer shooter mantle from Quake III at the turn of century (you may remember the first game on PS2 in 2001) and quickly established itself with two further additions as the premier game of its type. At one point there was even talk of it becoming an annually updated franchise along the lines of EA Sports games, but since Unreal Tournament 2007 is the first game in the series since 2004, we're guessing the comparison wasn't seen as a flattering one. And quite right, too.

The potential for a fantastic new Unreal Tournament game was there for all to see at Sony's pre-E3 press conference last year, where developer Epic showed off its Unreal Engine 3 that, at the time, had been in development for nearly two-and-a-half years. That explains the long break between Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 2007 then.

Back to the present and we're being treated to an exclusive demo of the game running on a PS3 dev kit. It looks superb even at this early stage and, graphics tarts take note, the finished game is being targeted to run at a high-definition 720p resolution. Characters are 1500 times more detailed than the models in Unreal Tournament 2004, with two types revealed so far: the red armour-clad Twin Souls warriors who are the heroes of the single-player game, and the yellow-armoured Iron Guard soldiers who are still under the command of series veteran Lauren.

GODS OF GRUNGE
The futuristic sci-fi setting has led to past games looking a bit too clean and angular, an observation also noted by Epic and addressed here with what it has dubbed 'grungification'. Definitely their word, not ours. That is, walls and objects should appear dirty, scuffed and even show signs of decay to illustrate the consequences of past tournaments or battles. This is apparent in a deathmatch map called Carbon Fire, set within a robot factory on Liandri and bearing all the hallmarks of a grimy industrial environment. There are plenty of conveyor belts and floating platforms around, and you can even see robots being assembled in the background.

According to lead designer Steve Polge, the actual gameplay side of things has been worked on for about a year. Epic started off by playing older Unreal Tournament games and other first-person shooters just to get a feel for them again and to go back to the series' roots. These hands-on playing experiences were then used as a template to refine the basics, the movement and the weapons for a new generation of PS3 players. After all, there's a big difference between using a PC mouse and keyboard and using a console controller to aim and move your character around - especially the new boomerang design.

The weapons in particular will be largely familiar to Unreal Tournament veterans, but enhanced with some gorgeous touches and effects. For example, when firing the rocket launcher new shells will visibly move into the barrel and a waft of smoke will disperse into the air. You can also see the link gun open up to reveal its onboard cells when using its alternate fire. Whizzing around a level trying to concentrate on targeting players and avoiding their fire probably means you won't notice these finer details and working mechanics, so Epic even bothering to take the time and trouble to include them at all is somehow rather encouraging. the movement and the weapons for a new generation of PS3 players. After all, there's a big difference between using a PC mouse and keyboard and using a console controller to aim and move your character around - especially the new boomerang design. The weapons in particular will be largely familiar to Unreal Tournament veterans, but enhanced with some gorgeous touches and effects. For example, when firing the rocket launcher new shells will visibly move into the barrel and a waft of smoke will disperse into the air. You can also see the link gun open up to reveal its onboard cells when using its alternate fire. Whizzing around a level trying to concentrate on targeting players and avoiding their fire probably means you won't notice these finer details and working mechanics, so Epic even bothering to take the time and trouble to include them at all is somehow rather encouraging.

GOT A NEW MOTOR?
Guns are all well and good, but when you're trying to make the PS3 equivalent of Halo 2, in other words the one game that everyone talks about and identifies the console with, vehicle warfare is now a basic requirement. Polge is excited most about this aspect of the game: "We're really innovating most with the vehicles. We think it's something that will really translate well to the console. It's one case where a console controller is actually better suited for gameplay."

Fans have blasted EA for the Madden series, oftentimes saying it’s the same game with a few tweaks and prettier graphics. In what ways is UT2K7 not “the same old game”?

When you work with franchises, you need to be very careful to ensure that what your customers enjoyed about the previous titles is present in the new release. At the same time it’s a great opportunity to appeal to gamers that perhaps didn’t find the original to be their cup of tea. UT2007 strikes what we think is an ideal balance. Take Onslaught for example. It still involves capturing nodes and destroying the enemy’s Power Core. Anyone who enjoyed the previous incarnation will immediately be able to start playing and having fun. Where we’re innovating is a vastly increased roster of vehicles compared to UT2004, new types of objectives during the match, and even persistence results between individual maps.

Which maps and weapons from UT2K4 will make an appearance in UT2K7?

Lots of franchise favorites will be making a return appearance. On the weapon front you can expect new and improved versions of the Shock Rifle, Rocket Launcher and Flak Cannon. In our eyes, it just wouldn’t be UT without them. For maps, you can expect fan favorites like DM-Deck and CTF-Face getting the UE3 treatment. We’re pretty excited about all our new maps, but some of those classics have been in every incarnation of UT, and 2K7 won’t break the tradition.

Are you planning to have playable demos on the floor at E3?

For E3 we’re planning to have a theater demonstration where we will be conducting in-game tours of selected highlights of UT2007 in the most efficient manner.

plz give reputation

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
NIGHTMARE thanx for the pic

is there any good UT multiplayer teams in india? can we form a team?

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Very few people play UT here in India.
And online clans simply cant exist due to our blessed internet speed.:rolleyes:

T

thunderbird.117

Playing online game on 256 conn sucks. I played unreal tournament 2004 online. First i have to wait for loooooooooong time and then it got connected and few mins i had a severe lag and the game got disconnected.

Nowdays i play skrimish with AI. If the game is moddable. I create my own ai and play with it. :D. It is much better than playing game with online players.

T

thunderbird.117

NIGHTMARE said:
I played unreal tournament 2004 on LAN with my friends or go to Reliance Web World

No. I will never ever go to Reliance Web World. I had terrible experience with them.

I think i will start using hamachi. The only problem i can not find any gamers.

OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@ thunderbird.117 bro when we r more than two people then go to the web world or my some friend r lived in other cites and they want to play then we meet in web world and get connect.

OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Unreal Tournament III Official Trailer 3

*download2.gamespot.com/sd/4I6SPqtsMr2dSKM6-F2eQtOE_hCJ0XFRxLhu6iCQp-yho8ninctvld3OAGUGSCE0SNGHeFFFvbSPUmBdk7ceWlbC_T7abJo6/d4/gsc/2007/01/169_ut3_ot_mul_012607.mpg

OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
here's a new, wonderful screen of Unreal Tournament 2007. Awesome looking.

*img296.imageshack.us/img296/476/unrealtournament2007200jf6.th.jpg

Here is update on UT2007

As a long-time player of UT, I'm always excited to see what's different in the latest version. Unfortunately, it's been a while since we've had a latest version. Fortunately, UT2007's release date is coming within view (said to be early next year, on the PC first, the version we saw) and spiffy innovations are still popping up. The newest twist is the Warfare multiplayer mode, which replaces Assault and combines Assault's features with Onslaught. (Onslaught will still be available, thankfully.)

But more than telling us, they showed us Warfare in action. This game type features two teams with "asymmetric" goals, meaning they won't necessarily have identical objectives. The Axon, traditional sci-fi guys, faced off against the Necris, a gloomy and deadly group of mercenaries. From the perspective of the Axon, we were shown the hoverboard, which every player will have to get them to the battlefront quickly, although they can't use a weapon or shield while riding on it. Meanwhile, the AI kept up an impressive amount of varied and dynamic chatter, although this might have been only for the benefit of the E3 demo.

The map in question was an ice-blasted coastland introduced with one of Epic's patented, sweeping camera roller coasters, but now with theme music and some intense voice over that explains the importance of the area and conflict. Things got crazy pretty quickly as they tend to do in UT, but we saw the 5-man Leviathan in action, including the uber gun so powerful that it can partially destruct parts of the map. And this isn't just a cosmetic bonus, apparently -- they tell us you can actually create obstacles for the enemy. Meanwhile, the Axon objective involved moving an energy ball from one node to another, which suggested a combination of CTF and Onslaught.

The Necris, new to Unreal Tournament, responded with Darkwalkers, which look something like the aliens from Speilberg's War of the Worlds. Like those lumbering monstrosities, the Darkwalkers take a heckuva lot of punishment, but only one blow from the Leviathan's big gun. Speaking of vehicles, we're told that they will be included now in deathmatch and capture-the-flag modes. That's pretty neat. They also plan to have about 40 maps in the retail box, with few overlaps (maps that end up being re-used for multiple game modes).

Perhaps what's most intriguing is how close UT is sticking to its gameplay roots. You still get instant respawns, with nearby weapon racks, and vehicles still look very responsive and fun. And Epic really, really knows how to make Unreal Engine 3.0 look sexy. There was framerate slowdown on more than a few occasions, but they still have months to tweak. UT2007 also has a different way of indicating that you're taking damage. Instead of making the screen turn red or using a full-screen blurry filter, you get a shuddering iris effect that's definitely noticeable but not distracting.

Of course, while the UT franchise has its roots buried deep in the land of PCs, UT2007 is making its way to the PS3. We're told that the two versions are very similar in content, modes and whatnot, and that neither game is a cheap port of the other - they'll both make full use of and cater to each specific platform. There will be a few differences in design and focus between the two games, however. One example we're told is that the PS3's controller is much better suited for driving vehicles while a mouse and keyboard setup on the PC is better for shooting, so the PS3 version will be a little more vehicle-centric than the PC version, likely containing an extra few vehicles per map.

The presentation was a little brief, unfortunately, so we hope to come back soon with some updated impressions. Keep your eyes peeled here.

*img296.imageshack.us/img296/5059/38942200608230111191bigbk6.th.jpg
*img296.imageshack.us/img296/9059/2ddd5d28862930f4c7fbd88xj2.th.jpg
*img296.imageshack.us/img296/2729/38942200608230111190bigfb2.th.jpg
*img296.imageshack.us/img296/476/unrealtournament2007200jf6.th.jpg

*www.pro-gamers.fr/xoops/modul...p?storyid=7416

Translation

- the presentation of the title was carried out on Pentium 4 profiting from a large chart ATI.

- 3 or 4 flying vehicles are projected but not more...

- 4 to 5 charts are for the moment playable, 17 will be it as a whole.

- the HUD (weapons, information on the ammunition, the life, etc...) will be the same one as that seen in the trailer card.

- the "spider" was not seen in this presentation but is already in the vidéos.

- the explosions of some vehicles must still be re-examined.

- a new effect is set up: the "hit effect" (reddish effect)

- Each player has his hoverboard personal.

- lifting figures will be possible with the air vehicles.

- the darkwalker is a vehicle for two players who "is folded" on the ground and can only rise. He will have lasers and of guns and its prospect is adjustable.

- the leviathan is a giant gun with four brackets. It has a shield which must protect it from the attacks.

- the raptor has its wings before downwards pointed at the time of the landing or a slow flight. The wings postpones are longer. Its armament is identical to that of that of Unreal Tournament 2004.

- the cicada has two gears in two positions: level flight and vertical. On left and on the right are site for the missiles: the radio-controlled missiles find the enemies automatically and can go in several directions. To 6 missiles can be launched simultaneously.

- a mechanism of launching of lure intended to mislead the radio-controlled missiles is available.

Last edited:
OP
NIGHTMARE

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
PS3's Unreal Tournament 3... use kb+mouse or SIXAXIS tilt to aim

For those of you hardcore PC purists, mouse and keyboard controls will be available in the PS3 version through the USB ports on the front of the machine. In addition, the Sixaxis controller will get its usual nod and the motion sensor can be used to control where you look. The Sony rep apologized for it not being accessible on the demo I was playing, and he suggested that it was actually very accurate once you got the hang of it.
As far as graphical appeal, the game looks at least as good as Gears of War or Doom 3 with glitzy lighting galore. Judging from the level that I played (a space station sort of thing), Unreal's classic quality level design is in full effect. A large map with both huge open areas and tight claustrophobia-inducing corridors was strewn with chokepoints, cover and shining neon doodads. With strange glowing tubes and other bits of high-tech machinery coating nearly every surface, the whole package was really incredibly striking. All this, the framerate was still sky-high.

*ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/unreal-tournament-2007/771700p1.html

This might be enough for me to get it since I hate pads for FPS games.

snake

Broken In
UT rocks but India is full of unskill players who love to play CS and take advantage of various bugs in the game.

deadlyvenom

Broken In
for all those people who have airtel and bsnl adsl connections..its definitely possible to play ut2004 and other games smoothly
i live in bangalore and i could play with my cousin living in delhi without any lags etc..we both have airtel 256 kb adsl

however..its high time TRAI took the term broadband more seriously..i mean..wtf..256 kb is peanuts compared to the 10mbit lines which are common abroad,,and check out the cheap marketing gimmicks by internet providers..."512 Kb line upto 2 MB speeds" and below that you can read in really small fonts.."with a monthly download limitation of 100 MB"
sick!!

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Tech Geek
CS is popular even now coz its very light on every system and even with a 128 kbps connection with 64 uplink can play it smoothly over net. But its not the case with UT, and its pretty heavy for system compared to CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom