Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
But if you choose without base package then only the experimental features like JIT ARM 11 etc components are unlocking.
Can we apply this?

sachitgul

Journeyman
hey..
does a kitchen cooked mod have samdroid tools??

and what is youtube HD??
is it a official google app??

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ Sriharsha

I can help u in making a guide from scratch for flashing to 2.1 & then rooting & applying sam mod.

I knw all the problems of drivers nw coz i had them all :p

So whnevr u free,letz make the tutorial & im sure it will work 4 evry1 :)

sachitgul

Journeyman
@ Sriharsha

I can help u in making a guide from scratch for flashing to 2.1 & then rooting & applying sam mod.

actually flashing is really easy..
only issue with me was that USB debugging was off and the name change by leshak which screwed it up..

neways now i will be enjoying my kitchen cooked mod by the end of today..

and how do i get samdroid tools??

also should i keep USB debugging off or on??

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
But if you choose without base package then only the experimental features like JIT ARM 11 etc components are unlocking.
Can we apply this?
Those experimental components are to be used separately without base package, you cannot integrate them with your kitchen mod.
It has to be installed over samdroid mod, using recovery kernel.
hey..
does a kitchen cooked mod have samdroid tools??

and what is youtube HD??
is it a official google app??
Yes ofcourse, cooked mod will have samdroid tools

@ Sriharsha

Sure pranav ;) I'll be free after 8th then we shall do it.
Also I'm planning some good apps list for thread index, we'll start both of them after 8th, will take app suggestions from rest of the members and come up with some useful apps list

actually flashing is really easy..
only issue with me was that USB debugging was off and the name change by leshak which screwed it up..

neways now i will be enjoying my kitchen cooked mod by the end of today..

and how do i get samdroid tools??

also should i keep USB debugging off or on??
Samdroid tools is integrated into kitchen cooked mod, so don't worry.

Enabling/Disabling USB debugging depends on your usage, if you don't use any apps that need it to be enabled then you may disable it.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^ Guys make a guide, it will be helpful to the Spica owners. I just cant wait to flash my phone.

maddu5731

Broken In
@sriharsha
I downloaded those three benchmarking tools from the market but couldn't find any useful screenshot app....I downloaded "shoot me" but after taking screenshots of the benchmarking results ,I opened the file manager and found only blank dark screenshots...
Also, i couldn't find "dropcap"(which you suggested) in the market.

One more thing, can I install those experimental components over the samdroid mode?
Will it not affect or change the current settings,apps,data,etc...?

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
Guys i found the best looking, imho, game on market which works very well on android. the name is super ko boxing. its a street fighter type game. really looks good. shows android's and spica's power and is enjoyable too.
btw also checked out doubletwist's android music player. its ok. try if u dont like spica one though i like spica one more. when it gets more features it might be better.
btw is it just me does the sound quality coming out of spica music player and doubletwist player vary. i think it does but am not sure.

sachitgul

Journeyman
hey can someone explain me the meaning of the following terms,their uses and how i can use them if their useful...

• add Netfilter/iptables
  • cifs
  • squashfs
  • Busybox
  • fdump

also while i was in recovery console i could wipe my data and my cache but there was some error while clearing the dalvik cache..

what seems to be the problem here??
did i flash something wrong??

because when i was flashing my 2nd kitchen cooked mod (1st one i didnt like that much) the 2nd one showed some error while installing..
but when i tried it for the 2nd time it was successful..

so for example if i want to apply another kitchen cooked mod i just have to put the .zip file to the root of the sd card and flash it through recovery, right??

or am i doing something wrong here??

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hey can someone explain me the meaning of the following terms,their uses and how i can use them if their useful...

• add Netfilter/iptables
  • cifs
  • squashfs
  • Busybox
  • fdump

also while i was in recovery console i could wipe my data and my cache but there was some error while clearing the dalvik cache..

what seems to be the problem here??
did i flash something wrong??

because when i was flashing my 2nd kitchen cooked mod (1st one i didnt like that much) the 2nd one showed some error while installing..
but when i tried it for the 2nd time it was successful..

so for example if i want to apply another kitchen cooked mod i just have to put the .zip file to the root of the sd card and flash it through recovery, right??

or am i doing something wrong here??

• If Dalvik cache gives an error while formatting/wiping just restart your phone and try again.
  • This is for everyone who have been trying multiple Kitchen mods - You don't need to cook from scratch every time you need to try new combinations. What I do is I cooked a basic ROM with no apps nothing just the samdroidMod Lite and LK kernel. Then I cook different combinations using without base pack configuration and I just update them over base pack in recovery mode. In that way I don't need to flash from start everytime a new app is added to that list :) saves you time/work .
  • If anyone is facing force crashes with these mods, try wiping Dalvik Cache first, before going for reflashing/formatting.
Sachit regarding the terms you asked, netfilter is needed for Wifi tether to work since Spica kernel doesn't come with netfilter.
Busybox is for command line tools(terminal) I guess.

I'm a noob when it comes to linux :p so refer these if you need more info

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netfilter

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BusyBox

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SquashFS

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIFS

sachitgul

Journeyman
  • If Dalvik cache gives an error while formatting/wiping just restart your phone and try again.
  • This is for everyone who have been trying multiple Kitchen mods - You don't need to cook from scratch every time you need to try new combinations. What I do is I cooked a basic ROM with no apps nothing just the samdroidMod Lite and LK kernel. Then I cook different combinations using without base pack configuration and I just update them over base pack in recovery mode. In that way I don't need to flash from start everytime a new app is added to that list :) saves you time/work .
  • If anyone is facing force crashes with these mods, try wiping Dalvik Cache first, before going for reflashing/formatting.
Sachit regarding the terms you asked, netfilter is needed for Wifi tether to work since Spica kernel doesn't come with netfilter.
Busybox is for command line tools(terminal) I guess.

I'm a noob when it comes to linux :p so refer these if you need more info

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netfilter

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BusyBox

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SquashFS

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIFS

i did not quite understand what u said about the kitchen mod..

and leshak's notes say that there is a busybox in the samdroidmod..
how do i access the busybox??

also how do i access the other features mentioned by me??

btw..
which is the best terminal emu app??

vulpine

Broken In
@SriHarsha
I understood it. But I have few doubts
1. Can we uninstall apps that we have included in kitchen mod? i.e.. after flashing the firmware..

2. Is it possible to get back to original kernel? I think Flashing original firmware with ODIN will do it ??

3. If I get back to original firmware (JD4 for example) my device is unrooted only rite?

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
hey which is the best free anti theft software for my phone.......i have already lost 1smart phone before

one more astonishment! digit hasn't mentioned SPICA any where......even not in june edition where it compared all phones.......

mananknl

Broken In
hey my spica is not able to read the tags from some of my m4a files. These files dont show up in music library also but i can play then using a file explorer & then music player. These files are tagged properly with album art,album etc. & i m able to view the tags in windows but spica is unable to read them. I have tried restarting the phone also. This problem is only there for some m4a files other m4a files work fine, mp3 files work fine. All m4a files are encoded in HE AAC in 80kbps , any solutions ?

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
i dont know why i lost my contacts........
they were very important....
i hate to sync my phone....
but since it auto synced once
i deleted all contacts from my gmail.....
does this also delete all contacts from my mobile

i love keeping my phone contacts to my phone only.......
plz reply

dushi23

Right off the assembly line
Help me guys
I lost my spica's back cover ( i know its crazy)..nd now when i went to samsung's service center those guys says that it will take 2-3 months to get the back cover,i contacted samsung helpline and also email them several times but no repite..do u know anywhere from where i can buy the same...
My spica is looking ugly without the back cover!!!!

sachitgul

Journeyman
im facing issues with the 3d gallery..
sometimes it show that no data is present..

is it the problem of my sd card or is this some cache issue??

btw
did u guys check out the new components of the samdroid kitchen???

the beta version of the new kernel and the new JIT 8.13 have arrived!!

i would love to try all these components but im afraid that i might lose all of my data..

Top Bottom