Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

jain_pranav

Broken In
hey guys i was planning to flash my spica again since i havnt done since my first time..

i will be trying the new I570EXXJE1 firmware..
any issues with this firmware??

after this i will flash the latest Lkmod and cook my own mod with a JIT compiler and flash that..

what i dont get is how do i go into reboot mode??
and also what does mount mean??

and by put it in root of sd card means that i shuld copy paste the concerned file to the Sd card right??

shuld i hard reset before flashing??
and shuld i format my memory card??

and is there anything else that i shuld do??

EDIT:will flashing all this items give me SU access??

No issues with the firmware at all

Dude after u install lk mod,u'l get into recovery mode automaticaly.
Still the buttons are "volume down" + "call disconnect" + "call answer" buttons.

Mount just means 2 allow copy/paste to your mem card via pc. (in simple language)

No need 2 hard reset but ya u can format the mem card.

Ya just paste the concerned file in the root directory i.e not inside any folder.

sachitgul

Journeyman
which 3d gallery is better??
Gallery3D.apk or Gallery3D .2??

i want the nexus one type of 3d gallery..

also is it ok if i do NOT select the standard android gallery and calculator apps in the kitchen??

also what is LatinIME,Openvpn + Tunneldroid.apk??
are these important apps??

and finally
are the experimental components safe??

bcz if smtn goes wrong i do not want to go through the trouble of formatting my phone and starting from scratch..

and later in the future can i apply another kitchen mod over my mod without losing my data??

sachitgul

Journeyman
which is the latest Lkmod and samdroid mod??

and shuld i do a hard reset just to be on the safer side??
i am on I570EXXJCE firmware..

also does the latest Lkmod give me root access??
i mean can it root the I570EXXJE1 firmware??

Last edited:

maddu5731

Broken In
Hey guyz, I m having some serious problem
I was on I570EDDJC5
waht I did is I booted the phone in download mode and flashed it with i5700_LK2-02_PDA.tar for lk mod, after that it booted in recovery mode automatically....
Now I selected the samdroid mode (kitchen cooked) in apply any zip from sd but it said thee is an error in line 2 and installation aborted.Now it is booting in recovery mode only....
What I do now....
PLease help me......

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hey guyz, I m having some serious problem
I was on I570EDDJC5
waht I did is I booted the phone in download mode and flashed it with i5700_LK2-02_PDA.tar for lk mod, after that it booted in recovery mode automatically....
Now I selected the samdroid mode (kitchen cooked) in apply any zip from sd but it said thee is an error in line 2 and installation aborted.Now it is booting in recovery mode only....
What I do now....
PLease help me......
I had to go through that for a day, the same exact problem when I installed samdroid mod for the first time,
If i'm not wrong, the loading screen stops half way and then suddenly boots into recovery mode right!!!!!!!!

First thing, try to flash it with a 2.1 firmware,........if it still shows samdroid mod boot logo and again goes into recovery mode, then download any 1.5 Cupcake Firmware with boot loader(say I5700WINJA2 or I5700DXJB3 ). After flashing with 1.5, if phone boots normally, then flash it again with 2.1 and then apply samdroid mod(optional ;))

Be patient, this a long tedious process which is not 100% correct everytime, its more a trial and error type :))
But don't worry you'll not brick your phone :)

sachitgul

Journeyman
I had to go through that for a day, the same exact problem when I installed samdroid mod for the first time,
If i'm not wrong, the loading screen stops half way and then suddenly boots into recovery mode right!!!!!!!!

First thing, try to flash it with a 2.1 firmware,........if it still shows samdroid mod boot logo and again goes into recovery mode, then download any 1.5 Cupcake Firmware with boot loader(say I5700WINJA2 or I5700DXJB3 ). After flashing with 1.5, if phone boots normally, then flash it again with 2.1 and then apply samdroid mod(optional ;))

Be patient, this a long tedious process which is not 100% correct everytime, its more a trial and error type :))

hey sriharsha i have been waiting for u all day long..

please read the few posts that i have done and try to assist me..

and is there a precaution to avoid the problem which this guy is having???
i mean..
i wouldnt want to go through all that again..

so these are the steps which i will be following..

Flash I570EXXJE1 firmware..
Then Flash Latest Lkmod.
Then Flash my Samdroid Kitchen mod (in recovery right after the Lkmod)..

are these steps correct?!?

maddu5731

Broken In

Actually, what I did is tried to flash it again with JC5 but it was not happening,than I copied the lkmod2.02 zip file to the sd card and again booted in the recovery mode and applied that
What happened is it sucessfuly applied the lk mod.
after that I again booted in the recovery mode and selected the kitchen cooked samdroid mod update zip file and re-booted..
Now, I sucessfuly applied the samdroid mod....
One thing to remember is to wipe data/cache in recovery mod...otherwise it enter into an endless boot loop....
Thanx everyone for ur sugesstions.....

sachitgul

Journeyman
Actually, what I did is tried to flash it again with JC5 but it was not happening,than I copied the lkmod2.02 zip file to the sd card and again booted in the recovery mode and applied that
after that I again booted in the recovery mode and selected the kitchen cooked samdroid mod update zip file and re-booted..
One thing to remember is to wipe data/cache in recovery mod...otherwise it enter into an endless boot loop....

you mean to say that we can use the phone after Lkmod??

because i always thought you had to apply samdorid mod right after Lkmod puts us into recovery or else u cant use the phone..

and btw isnt Lkmod 2.5.1 the latest one???

walkmanguru

Broken In
Is samsug spica worth it? I asked my phone dealer for a cheap android phone, and he told anything below 20k and android is of no use...

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hey sriharsha i have been waiting for u all day long..

please read the few posts that i have done and try to assist me..

and is there a precaution to avoid the problem which this guy is having???
i mean..
i wouldnt want to go through all that again..

so these are the steps which i will be following..

Flash I570EXXJE1 firmware..
Then Flash Latest Lkmod.
Then Flash my Samdroid Kitchen mod (in recovery right after the Lkmod)..

are these steps correct?!?
Of course you can use your phone after LKmod, without any other mods.

Good that it worked for you. So all you had was bootloop error then

because i always thought you had to apply samdorid mod right after Lkmod puts us into recovery or else u cant use the phone..

Yep
Is samsug spica worth it? I asked my phone dealer for a cheap android phone, and he told anything below 20k and android is of no use...
You have an entire thread to check whether phone is worth 12K or not. So decide for yourself. We say it completely worth 12k and IMO it is very cheap @12K compared to what is offers

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Ohhh so there are new additions to MOD kitchen then, Sorry sachit I haven't seen them and haven't tried them yet.

Will try them and let you know :)

vulpine

Broken In

I need to clear some ambiguity here!

Lkmod 2.5.1 which you are referring is a firmware. And LK 2.02 is kernel
Leshak changed the Lkmod name to samdroid mod because of lots of confusion.
Recovery console is available with LK 2.02( You need to change kernel on your device)
Sam mod only can be installed via recovery( and not thru ODIN)
So, to install samdroid mod you need to install LK2.02

sachitgul

Journeyman
Re: random samsung phone rant

How does it compare to other phones is the same price range (i.e 12k) ?

Let me tell you...

Samsung phone = bull ---

Am sorry to tell you but samsung designed phonesare crap (you cant expect someone from a company whose best experience is in making Telivisions and ACs)

Most bullshit phones. Just when bluetooth 4 is announced samsung is only phone manufacturer to be boasting about bluetooth 3 they are trying to make their phone look better just by announcing more specs

(
super amoled - wtf?
bluetooth 3 - wtf?
more megapixel count - ever seems to be increasing...

what else is new ?? i am talking about the galaxy or something similar stupidly named that just been released.
)

SAMSUNG 'only' relies on specifications. They ignore what a user feels about the phone
The user experince is NILL.

How are you feeling holding that UGLY phone, in your hand...

Everywhere you ask people for an android phone - they will recommend Sony ericsson Xperia, Motorola milestone, HTC Desire and the likes. No one will take anything about samsung

Why did you even buy the phone? Because you wanted android and didnt have money to spare for the biggies..all you get is a crippled phone full of glaring flaws with a stupid design... Samsung?? - Never!

I see Samsung has the maximum number of mobile phones across all cell phone manufacturers. But all phones are just BRICKS

I recommend something to you guys in this thread - you might want to use the Smash my phone facility

Sorry if i offended you. I above are just my opinions , maybe of many people. Just enjoy your phone OK

first of all i beg the mods to ban this troOl..

:ban:

and yeah Mr.Troll if u dont want to buy samsung spica thats your choice..
no need to tell us what to to do..

you were the one who need help to buy a phone under 12k NOT us..

and so i conclude by telling all my fellow forum members to stop feeding this troOl..

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

hey sriharsha..

do i need to format my phone and my Sd card before i flash??
i need to know this ASAP as i am dying to flash my phone!

and also after doing my flashing "ritual" can i use another samdroid kitchen mod without losing any of my data..

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

which 3d gallery is better??
Gallery3D.apk or Gallery3D .2??

i want the nexus one type of 3d gallery..

also is it ok if i do NOT select the standard android gallery and calculator apps in the kitchen??

also what is LatinIME,Openvpn + Tunneldroid.apk??
are these important apps??

and finally
are the experimental components safe??

bcz if smtn goes wrong i do not want to go through the trouble of formatting my phone and starting from scratch..

and later in the future can i apply another kitchen mod over my mod without losing my data??

yeah help me on these issues to be more precise..
because i really hate losing all my data and starting from scratch..

walkmanguru

Broken In
sorry guys..please dont ban me..just got a bit impulsive ..dont like samsung phones...please delete all refrence to it

sorry guys..please dont ban me..just got a bit impulsive ..dont like samsung phones...please delete all refrence to it

please dont ban walkmanguru @mods

@walkman you can read the other review of this phone here..:mrgreen:

Code:
~snipped~

Last edited by a moderator:

walkmanguru

Broken In
please dont ban walkmanguru @mods

@walkman you can read the other review of this phone here..:mrgreen:

Code:
~snipped~

thanks for the link ill check it out...samsung spica is good at its place...but i want something powerful..maybe x10 will fit the bill..

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom