Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

mananknl

Broken In
hey ppl
suddenly all my nos. in spica while calling are coming in with - e.g 018-422-066...nos. in my contacts are also coming with dashes :(
i m using stock 2.1 with no mods & hvent installed any dialer applications
pls help me i cudn't find any setting like this :(

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
any one knows where spica is available in hyderabad (a contact no. o store would be nice).
I tried bigc,hotspot,sangeetha,univercell they told there is no stock.And mobile gallery mehidipatnam also out of stock :((

vulpine

Broken In
@ Vulpine

Beautiful widget is a paid app.How to get hold of tht app ? ;)

Not a big deal. Google will help. BTW I got it in torrent of apps that I downloaded.

any one knows where spica is available in hyderabad (a contact no. o store would be nice).
I tried bigc,hotspot,sangeetha,univercell they told there is no stock.And mobile gallery mehidipatnam also out of stock :((

Have you tried Cellworld in Latef khan estate?

amit3987

Broken In
Hi guys,
I have upgraded launcher pro to 0.5.1 beta. Its very cool. Upgrade and check it out. It has cool 3D App browser ala nexus one. Which is surprisingly very smooth.

And yeah you can make it look like froyo:cool:
*img695.imageshack.us/img695/3204/cap201006111710.jpg*img812.imageshack.us/img812/6233/cap201006111711.jpg

Download from Official Site

And those who want Drocap2 but didn't find in the market. Here's the link

i installed launcher pro... but i didnt get d cool 3 D effects which u have shown in ur image......
Im using JC5 version ......

jain_pranav

Broken In
@ above

Go to preferences-advanced settings - enable "use app 3D drawer".

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I just installed DVM ARM11 optimized experimental component & my spica is running fast now.
The best part is that it is stable.
Linpack MFLOPS ranging between 4-5 :D

I suggest evry1 2 try this.

maddu5731

Broken In

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

can someone tell me how to use apps2sd,I mean how to format the sd card and create partitions,also how to create back-up and restore.
I'm planning to flash it with the kitchen cooked rom once again....

Thanx in advance

Can anyone please answer this query....
I formatted my sd card and created a 512 mb ext2 partition on it but apps2sd is not working..
Also, now I want to again flash my phone with the kitchen cooked rom but it is written on that page to reformat the second ext2 partition on the sd card ...How to do that?

Please help:cry:

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

two more things which I forget to ask...
What is dalvik-cache? why I cant wipe dalvik-cache in recovery?

What are tun.ko and cifs.ko modules that are there in the samdroid tools? what's the use of these two?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Back to this thread after a short break :))

@Jain_pranav

Check if your phone remains stable after a day or two. Coz mine was stable for a day and then started to act weird, Had to reflash with std DVM.

@maddu

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_virtual_machine

*bit.ly/d13Fmt

OT: Good news for Moto S9 snoop owners, now you can just flash your old S9 to S9 HD and enjoy srs effects. I just flashed mine yesterday :))

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1249429&postcount=1361

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Also bought a 1300maH emergency mobile charger for 300/- Quite handy while travelling :)

harianirav

Right off the assembly line
hey..m getting a spica android 2.1 out of the box...but d seal is broken.
so how can i identify if itz really out of d box or if 1.5 is updated to 2.1 n packed

vbm12

Right off the assembly line
I'm not able to download mp3 and video files. It says "waiting for data

connection..." and after 4-5 mins it gives "Download unsuccessful"

message.

I'm using I5700 with 2.1 and having Airtel GPRS.

Any pointer?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hey anybody found any tv remote control application for spica which can be used like a universal remote thru infra red.

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
my trials to buy the phone on ebay also failed.
The dealer send me this message
First of all i am sorry for responding so late to
you the reason is that due to some technical fault
arising again and again in this phone the company
is not giving new lot to dealers sir which is why
there is an immense shortage not only in ahmedabad
but nationally sir its better to tell you in
advance rather then giving you a faulty phone sir
and then running towards service center's sir.

I would suggest you to select some other model
from our shop sir and also i can give you a refund
for the same too sir.

Is this phone really faulty? i dont think so Lol

@tarey_g
when and where did you get the phone. Any details about it would be nice.

vulpine

Broken In
my trials to buy the phone on ebay also failed.
The dealer send me this message

Is this phone really faulty? i dont think so Lol

I feel sorry for you eagle06, I was in same situation as yours 2 months ago. Luckily I got hold of my spica.
But dont worry galaxy 3 and 5 will soon be here.

Phone faulty?? I dont think so. No one on this thread complained about any thing as such. Only problem I find is when music plays there's some disturbance. And it happens some times. I heard samsung is working on this in new firmware.

sachitgul

Journeyman
damn it!
IMO samsung should provide us with a Froyo update ASAP!

but all the evidence suggests otherwise.

:(

Adobe Tells Us Which Current Android Phones to Get Froyo Update Will Run Flash | OMG Android

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Okay, major problem :( .
My brother go Spica with 2.1 by default, he has following problems.

* GPRS is never off, how to turn that off. I can't help him on this matter as I don't have GPRS in my phone.

* If the phone is restarted, all contacts are lost.

Top Bottom