Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

vulpine

Broken In
@jetboy
Sad to hear that.

But A honest advice from my side is I want you to wait a little bit more( till end of august)
for the release of galaxy3. It is same as spica and also has multitouch support.

It's all most clear now that samsung has stopped spica. So They might be thinking of bringing much better android phones here.

jetboy

Journeyman
@jetboy
Sad to hear that.

But A honest advice from my side is I want you to wait a little bit more( till end of august)
for the release of galaxy3. It is same as spica and also has multitouch support.

It's all most clear now that samsung has stopped spica. So They might be thinking of bringing much better android phones here.

@ I was on that thinking too..GSMARENA says the samsung I5800 will be launched in July end at 300 pounds so it will around 20K...

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
hmmm.... can we upgrade our spica to 2.2 some way...
or do you think Samsung would be providing the update? ( I dont think so....)

jetboy

Journeyman
@jetboy - Have you checked out Power2Shop.in ? Is it any good ?

checked it...it doesnt look too good...cant even go to the contact page...it takes to some other website...I dont think we can risk a mobile for such sites.. but if someone has got any idea about the website..they should mention it here.

sachitgul

Journeyman
today i went to the samsung firmwares website and saw that i couldnt login and that the site had been made available to non members too..

this cam as a lil shock to me..

i mean what happens with our ids and passwords!??!

also what the news on the froyo coming to the spica?!?
i heard the galaxy S is getting it in September!?

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Hi guys,

Today I finally wanted to try those themes...I tried galaxy S theme first.

• Black status bar is not to my liking.
  • But feels colorful and fresh:wink:
  • And transparent notification slide is like burqa :grin:

*img827.imageshack.us/img827/3081/cap2010072223351.jpg*img638.imageshack.us/img638/6348/cap201007222339.jpg*img10.imageshack.us/img10/6677/cap201007222335.jpg

Will use it for few days :p and may be a little more if I like it.

dude how did u get these themes!!?
which launcher is this??
LauncherPro or ADW??

IMO
it look awesome mate!

vulpine

Broken In
@Sachit
Check out samdroid forums themes section
u can find many themes there. U need to install the zip file in recovery as you would normally do.

If that theme was awesome, u should check out Leo theme which is the most beautiful one. Im using it now. Jus lov it.

BTW, that is launcher pro.

vulpine

Broken In
@ashish
You need deodexed firmware..... inshort U need samdroid kitchen mod on your phone.
No themes for official firmware.....

jain_pranav

Broken In
Samdroid kitchen version 2 released..
I cooked & installed redesigned firmware & itz fast n also more free space is there.
try it out guys :)

ashish_karoo

Broken In
Hi guys.

I am going to try this LK 2.08 kernel day after tomorrow. But i am a bit confuse, where to put the .7z file in ODIN. And do i need .ops file also.I know this is a noobe que. But I want to be sure.

Can any body throw some light.

ashish_karoo

Broken In
hi guys. today i flashed my spica to the latest asian firmware. then i applied LK 2.08. then I cooked in kitchen V2. but I could not get any thin. as the .zip file I downloaded was only 2.96Kb. I think this should be much bigger. I applied the zip in recovery, but nothing changed. can some body point out where is the problem.

by the way Galaxy 3 and 5 are out in India.

arnabchakraborty

Right off the assembly line
Hi i am from mangalore. I have spica and docomo connection. Activated Rs.48 plan . But the edge connection keeps on fluctuating. I get it sometimes and sometimes it goes off automatically. Is it the problem with docomo?

jain_pranav

Broken In
MULTI-TOUCH on spica :D
just apply the new kernel in leshak's samdroid kitchen.

I'm just loving it..it works in browser,gallery etc :)

Top Bottom