Official Samsung Spica Discussion Thread

jetboy

Journeyman
Wish I could really get Samsung I5700. After reading all the review for almost 2 weeks and also discussing it here on digit, I had completely made my mind to go for it sob sob sob :(

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
THIS is the thread to discuss about Android in general.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Wish I could really get Samsung I5700. After reading all the review for almost 2 weeks and also discussing it here on digit, I had completely made my mind to go for it sob sob sob :(

did you try on ebay? you might get lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetboy

Journeyman
Tried, not even listed there :(

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Called up techshop.in, they say it will be available next week...but they are charging 13,850 + shipping

Called up "Alko Telematics and Computics" in Mumbai

Name : Ritesh Jain
Phone No.1: 2266357655
Phone No.2: 2266357277
Mobile : 9892566171
Address Line 1 : 288,Engineers bldg,sh.no.5,Kumtha st,off mint Rd,Nr SBI mint rd branch,Fort
City : MUMBAI
State : MAHARASHTRA
Pin Code : 400001

Called him up, he also has that piece. Not sure how much experienced he is in sending the phone over to me as in the ones available online. I guess techshop will be better as they have tie up with courier company and also provide insurance for the courier. I had ordered Altec Lancing Speaker once and the shipping package was great.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Incredible Hulk
Well, this is the Samsung Spica thread. ;)

@Sachitgul
Stop calling him a troll which he isn't. He might be offtopic, but I found him constructive in his argument.

Thread cleaned up.

maddu5731

Broken In
Hey guyz, can someone please tell me how to send/receive files via bluetooth...?

I've been using this phone for quite a while but never cared about the bluetooth functionality until tomorrow, when I tried to send files to my bro's cell....

Please help me...

Thanx in advance...

sachitgul

Journeyman
Hey guyz, can someone please tell me how to send/receive files via bluetooth...?

I've been using this phone for quite a while but never cared about the bluetooth functionality until tomorrow, when I tried to send files to my bro's cell....

Please help me...

Thanx in advance...

flash your spica to firmware to 2.1..
2.1 has bluetooth transfers..

also u can search for some apps which do the same for 1.5/1.6 phones

inspireaman

Right off the assembly line
@ ashish
Dude i said in a very healthy way & i even wrote thanks after that.May be i used the wrong words :)
Ok i'l try writing that problem.i hope u guys understand.

THE PROBLEM WAS THAT ODIN WAS STUCK AT "SETUP CONNECTION"

Im assuming that u have installed new pc studio on ur pc.
In your phone,
go to settings->about phone->additional settings & uncheck the "connect only in USB mode".
Then connect your phone to your pc & it will install the remaining imp. drivers(i.e usb modem,adb etc.)
Then follow the flashing procedure & it will work.
If need any help,feel free to ask.

ps- after the usb modem drivers installed,device manager still showed "samsung mobile modem" but the flashing wil work ;)

hi friend,

i am installing new pc studio in my xp system.then,
i was uncheck the "connect only in USB mode".

but,when i check update firmware it shows "no updates nessary"..

i have android 1.5 cupcake version..

so kindly help what can i do...

thanking you..

Amanulla.S
Coimbatore-India

ashish_karoo

Broken In
boss, You wont get the update from PC studio.
He has used PC studio only for installing the drivers.(jain_pranav: pls correst me if i am wrong)
Then You have to follow the flashing procedure as given in the guide. You can follow the links below

Sameer Prabhakar's 2.1 Flashing Guide
2.1 Flashing guide by Harsha

maddu5731

Broken In
flash your spica to firmware to 2.1..
2.1 has bluetooth transfers..

also u can search for some apps which do the same for 1.5/1.6 phones

Friend, I'm already on 2.1 with lk kernel 2.07 with samdroid mod. Most of the apps that I tried from the market are nt working properly and are pretty useless...
Can u suggest something on this...?

and sriharsha which app u r using for bt transfers..?

Thanx in advance

vulpine

Broken In
Hi guys,

Today I finally wanted to try those themes...I tried galaxy S theme first.

• Black status bar is not to my liking.
  • But feels colorful and fresh:wink:
  • And transparent notification slide is like burqa :grin:

*img827.imageshack.us/img827/3081/cap2010072223351.jpg*img638.imageshack.us/img638/6348/cap201007222339.jpg*img10.imageshack.us/img10/6677/cap201007222335.jpg

Will use it for few days :p and may be a little more if I like it.

jetboy

Journeyman
Hello Guys,

At last I could find I5700 on techshop.in They have it, I have been speaking with them since last 2 weeks. The guy on phone mentioned that it would be available this week and I can now see its available!!.

Now I have a single doubt. I have tried calling authorized dealers all over Nashik and Mumbai, they all had same thing to say as the mobile has been stopped by the company.

I am just worried how come these guys got hands on the handset..How can I trust these guys on this? The guy says the phone is on andriod 1.5 and not 2.1. He says I can take it to the service center to get it upgraded.

Is the service center upgrade free or will they charge me for it? Do they keep the mobile with them for a particular period or is it a quick procedure. I have been following this thread completely and can see three things

firmware updates
andriod 2.1 uprade
rooting ... to speed up spica

Will all this be done when I give it to the service center? Finally the question is, will it be safe to get the mobile from techshop.in ? when now one has it, from where they have have got the hands on How can I confirm if its the one for India or some other country?

sriharsha, vulpine please help I would like to know from you guys and others too. Please let me know guys, its urgent. I will place the order right after you guys give me a green signal..I am eager to join the spica family too :)

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

The main concern is this guys might have also got a hand on old stock as they DIDNT have the stock when I called last week. But as far I see on gsmarena and over here..the spica is now available with 2.1. Please help guyssss its urgent :)..thanks a lot in advance

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
techshop.in is a reputed site so no worries on that front. Availability of spica has been a mystery for long time. Techshop guys might have found any leftover Spica from somewhere else. but that should not trouble you :) as long as they sell it with warranty.

Regarding firmware upgrade, you can either do it by yourself or take it to service center, upgrading shouldn't take more than 5 mins, but return time depends on the service center. they might keep it for a day or two.

Rooting has to be done by yourself. initially upgrading and rooting might sound like rocket science. But it is not that difficult, you can do it easily once you are familiar with all the procedures :)

vulpine

Broken In
@SriHarsha
+1

@Jetboy
Go a head and buy it. What's the price he is quoting?
And confirm that it's a perfectly sealed piece. And ask him the manufacturing date printed on the box.

Updating to 2.1 not a big deal. You can do it at your home in 5min.

jetboy

Journeyman
@sriharsha : Thanks a lot for getting back to me right away. So I guess I will go for it :-D..I am getting exited ...right now itself..haha

Just one more thing..should I carry our rooting before I go to the service center or after they get it upgraded to 2.1

I have seen many old post before 7th May 2010 in this thread which carried out the unofficial upgrade to 2.1... Cant we now follow the Official Samsung way by Pc suite even now ?

Thanks for answering my queries

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

@vulpine: thanks for replying right away :).... The price quote I got is Rs 11,979. They will also charge me 350 for insured courier. I will opt for the insured service.

vulpine

Broken In
There's no way to upgrade to 2.1 by PCsuite AFAIK.

U gotto upgrade to 2.1 first before you root. And rooting means void warranty So you should not let the samsung guys know that ur phone's rooted.

Incredible Hulk

Hulk Smash!
for ppl who cant find this phone in the market, here is where u can buy it:

Welcome to power2shop: Buy, Shop Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Computers, Gift Items, Fitness & Sports, Jewellery, toys at best price: Powered by iGlobul.com

pseudo

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

the phone seems to be out of stock everywhere. Not available in Alfa Mumbai or at techshop. But seems to be there at this Power2Shop site.

@Vulpine/incrediblehulk - Any idea if this Power2shop site is reliable ? Has anyone ordered anything from there?

Would be awesome if youll have some clue about this site and can give me some feedback, before even they run out of the samsung spica....

- Pseudo

jetboy

Journeyman
Now the guy at techshop says has not got the order and has requested me to not pay.They will be gtting back to me when its available :(...

I really dont under stand a thing...when I call Samsung they say its very much available this and that. Even if I tell them that the authorized dealer, themselves tell us that its not available, they still say no Sir no its available..Why the hell do they don't tell if its not available!!!!!!!

I am completely mad at this really....

Top Bottom