Official OVERCLOCKKER'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Overclocking my 7600GS will retain me any performance hike in applications and games?.. i decided to overclock it, coz i never overclock gfx cards b4:D... I am not expecting a huge hike as i know its limits.....

The max limits if you have 7600GS DDR3 :

Core Clock: 579MHz, don't go beyond 550MHz though
Memory Clock: 1600MHz, don't go beyond 1475 - 1500MHz though

It ran quite cool man.. its juz 40+deg even at load.....
Is RivaTuner is safe for overclocking?

Very much safe, provided you know the safe limits of your card.

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
It ran quite cool man.. its juz 40+deg even at load.....
Is RivaTuner is safe for overclocking?
Yeah it is. When you reboot your default clock settings will be loaded. So even if something goes wrong, you can just reboot.
Make sure you don't push your card too much. Temperature upto 70-75C is fine.

amitash

Intel OCer
Ati GeCube HD3870x2 overclocked to 931Mhz core clock and 1053Mhz memory...Overclocked using Ati flash the ati bios editor on both cores...its comppletely stable while playing cod4, Mass effect, counter strike source and Devil may cry 4 at the highest settings BUT it crashes in "return to proxycon" in 3dmark06 with an error :(...i upped the Vcore a couple of notches but still no effect and since im using the flash bios method i have to keep reinstalling the drivers everytime i flash...Is it just 3dmark or is the card just unstable at a high clock??:confused: Thanx for the help
P.S running vista ultimate sp1.

*img185.imageshack.us/img185/4605/bsnchrz5.th.jpg

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^^^My guess is that either some part of the card is getting too hot due to the overclocking or the clock and/or memory speeds that you have pushed your card to is simply over the fence, try throttling it down and observe.

..........................................................................................................

HD 4670 512mb ddr3 OC results:

*www.guru3d.com/article/ati-radeon-hd-4670-review/13

amitash

Intel OCer
^^^^My guess is that either some part of the card is getting too hot due to the overclocking or the clock and/or memory speeds that you have pushed your card to is simply over the fence, try throttling it down and observe.
It is not a temp issue..the card idles at 55C and loads at 72C....It works fine on 900Mhz core and 1017Mhz mem...It still works fine on the high clocks on all games but just doesnt work with 3Dmark06...I guess ill just put it back down to stock then..

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Why are you concerned about 3D mark soo much, you're getting the performance, then???

You should be happy about the 3870X2 and seriously, this baby doesn't need any OCing,it is a really good performer(although the 4870,9800GX2 and GTX260 are better).

BTW:What was the cost?

................................................................................................

Why don't more ppl tell us and help us out:x, at least post links of other CPU or GPU OCes or OCes which are better than the already mentioned CPUs and GPUs.

P.S.-It must allow the CPU/GPU to run stable too.

Last edited:
OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

C2D E8190(not heard much about it)

*forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=248207

Phenom 9950(awesome)

*www.tomshardware.com/news/phenom-amd-4ghz,6249.html

.......................................................................................................

Here's a good atricle for overclocking graphics card:

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-graphics-card,1916.html

.......................................................................................................

Amazing this one totally.
I'm sure you've heard of the 790GX and the onboard HD3300(killer performance for onboard).

Well, here's it's OC result so anyone gonna buy that board, this the the result of OC.

*my.ocworkbench.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=434589

1Ghz Core clock honestly, that's HIGH!!!!

Last edited:
OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

OVERCLOCKING PARADISE, THE E8600

*uneit.com/2008/07/12/core2duo-e8600-oc-6333mhz/
Processor: E8600 3.33GHz

Multiplier: 10x
Bus Speed: 633.4 Mhz
Rated FSB: 2533.5 Mhz
Core Speed: 6333.34 Mhz

Awesome OCing, high FSB, superb board.
Just that this processor is still a tad too costly, seriously worth a consideration and being it the highest end C2D, we expected this much.

Now I'm still awaiting the E7400 slated for OCT 19th I guess.

amitash

Intel OCer
Finally back after exams
I got the 3870x2 sometime in april or may dont remember properly and at that time it cost me 22k
You should be happy about the 3870X2 and seriously, this baby doesn't need any OCing,it is a really good performer(although the 4870,9800GX2 and GTX260 are better).

I am extremely happy with my card and i know it doesnt need any OCing but what can i do?? Once the hardware bug bites u just cant stop yourself from pushing the limit...Simply put: i like playing with my toys alot.
And BTW the 3870x2 outperforms GTX 260

Last edited:
OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

no, the 9800GX2 is stronger than the 3870X2, and the 4870 and GTX 260 are stronger than the 9800GX2, so no.

That's what I read in last month's CHIP GPU guide(it's nice)

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Yeah, but BGF's OCed Maxcore version comes 1% close to GTX280, and OCing it gives 3-4% better peeformance than the GTX 280 itself!!!!!

Check for yourself:
*www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-260-core-216--bfg-ocx-maxcore/1

Read more:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=945392#post945392

jeffrain123

Tribladez rizes to power
Could you all please help me out??
I have an E6300@1.86Ghz on an XFX 630i 7150. Using stock cooler.
Could you please give the instructions as to how to overclock my E6300 to something around 3Ghz?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

3GHz emm not too sure abt that. 2.4GHz on stock cooler is the spot.

Enter Bios and increase FSB steadily, keep checking on CPU-z by starting the comp, if causing hiccups, increase VCore but not more than 1.46 to be safe(and prevent ur procc. from frying).

Also plz mention RAM as value ram affects OC performance.

Stock Cooling OC:
*www.tomshardware.com/forum/195897-29-e6300-stock-cooling

Mentioned that 2.4G is the spot.

Otherwise OCing:
*www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php?t26805.html

4ghz sweet

darklord

Cyborg Agent
^^ Value RAM does not affect OC performance but OC potential as the RAM can hold back the OC since it cant scale. ;)

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

no, value ram does affect OC so I heard....

ANywayz:::

1. Q9650(nearly 1.7x times pricier than the Q9550 @ 16k, so shud be around 25-28k)
And wait, this one's on AIR COOLING, and to 4.4GHz!!!
*www.evga.com/forums/upfiles/452743/5CA1A8C7468844E385C362207694869D.jpg

2. Q9550 OC(searched for a long time, finally got it), got of with the new E0 stepping to 4.014GHz sweet!!!
*www.ocxtreme.org/forumenus/showthread.php?t=3428

3. The Q9450 OC, very sweet procc, but 1k less expensive than the 16k Q9550.
Altogether, almost 4Ghz, so like the Q9550 only.
*valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=337218

Here we see that the Q9650 is the best OCer and betters the QX9650 cause the QX9650 has 130TDP and Q9650 has 96TDP leaving more room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom