Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

cooldude94

Journeyman
Re: One plus one will be finally available in India

No cyanogenmod and that cr@p color os? Aaand I'm out. I'd rather stick to my G2 which will get a proper L update 2015 Q1.

I'm not mad over micromax, it's a fight, sorry to see oppo losing the fight. The people who will be going for it are the geeks. I'll doubt color os will get much praise from them.
Its not color os it is cm but you will not get any official updates

tkin

Back to school!!

Its not color os it is cm but you will not get any official updates
Hope it's true for their sake. I'll just wait out the launch till February. Initially I was thinking about making day one purchase. Now not so much confident any more.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

Hope it's true for their sake. I'll just wait out the launch till February. Initially I was thinking about making day one purchase. Now not so much confident any more.

Agreed. tbh i am contemplating chucking the idea of buying this altogether. Damn

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

Chill guys. It is coming with cyanogen 38s update. And OPO terms and condition does not stop you from rooting. So for us techies no problem. We will just flash the international ROM in it

tkin

Back to school!!

Chill guys. It is coming with cyanogen 38s update. And OPO terms and condition does not stop you from rooting. So for us techies no problem. We will just flash the international ROM in it
CM has a deal with micromax. I'm not going to assume anything untill I know the details of the deal. According to rights agreement OPO might be forced to prevent CM installation altogether. Or deny warranty for CM installation.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

CM has a deal with micromax. I'm not going to assume anything untill I know the details of the deal. According to rights agreement OPO might be forced to prevent CM installation altogether. Or deny warranty for CM installation.
Yeah and that would means OPO vaporizing in the Indian market. But also remember CM had a deal with OPO first. So this CM micromax deal might backfire on CM

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

CyanogenMod won't support OnePlus One in India, courtesy Micromax | Digit.in

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

This is the strategy of MicroMax
1.to get the exclusive rights of CM
2.to break the business of OPO in India

CM has got good $$$$$

OPO will hip CM11s to india but not OTA updates that's what I know

"When we reached out to Vikas Agrawal, GM of OnePlus India, he clarified that the OnePlus One will still launch in India as per schedule. According to him, the phone will be launched with CyanogenMod right now"

Note: CM is opensource OS and can be used by any mobile manufacturer but gaining an exclusive rights for it and stopping other to use it is not at all acceptable

MMX is creating a poop device :twisted:

btw whats so special about MMX Yu????

OPO indian fans can still update the CM OS manually :mrgreen:

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

This is the strategy of MicroMax
1.to get the exclusive rights of CM
2.to break the business of OPO in India

CM has got good $$$$$

OPO shud ship CM11s to india but not OTA updates that's what I know

Note: CM is opensource OS and can be used by any mobile manufacturer but gaining an exclusive rights for it and stopping other to use it is not at all acceptable
CM will cancel contract with MMX once they find out about the crappy MMX hardware.

But as CM is supporting OPO globally and the hardware is not different OTA updates does not matter. Either flash the new update for the international variant ( that does not even require rooting). And if need arises we can always root and rooting does not void warranty.

It will affect the non techies and frankly non techies will not know the difference

Zangetsu

It will affect the non techies and frankly non techies will not know the difference

Call the Non Techies here in TDF and we will make them Techies :high5:

Oh GOD!!! give me some million dollars and I will open a rival company against MMX shiit which will have far better config at the good prices which all indian can buy ;)

kaz

right here

I think Micromax YU phones will run on Intel's processors because they just launched a tab with Intel chip...
But restricting CM only for MMX in India is a cheap way of gaining monopoly..

amjath

Human Spambot

I think Micromax YU phones will run on Intel's processors because they just launched a tab with Intel chip...

Then I will avoid MMX anytime, due to lack of support for games and driver support might be stopped if the market share is very less. No Thank you and F$#K you MMX

ankush28

Bazinga

Isn't this interesting micromax branded there new line up as "YU" somewhat related to "MI" ahem.

- - - Updated - - -

CM won't support intel chips. Please kill whole x86 platform in Android.

Zangetsu

source: OnePlus and Cyanogen on brink of breakup after India fight

As for OnePlus One's India launch with Amazon, it will go ahead as planned on December 2nd and it'll still carry CyanogenMod, but it won't be updated.

Pei's team has reallocated development resources to build said ROM for OnePlus One users in India as well. The exec added that the "fast and lightweight" system will be based on Android Lollipop, and the first community build will be available as soon as December, followed by a production-ready build in February. Better yet, Pei said his company will commit to at least two years of support for this new ROM on the OnePlus One, starting from the first community build

tkin

Back to school!!

source: OnePlus and Cyanogen on brink of breakup after India fight

As for OnePlus One's India launch with Amazon, it will go ahead as planned on December 2nd and it'll still carry CyanogenMod, but it won't be updated.

Pei's team has reallocated development resources to build said ROM for OnePlus One users in India as well. The exec added that the "fast and lightweight" system will be based on Android Lollipop, and the first community build will be available as soon as December, followed by a production-ready build in February. Better yet, Pei said his company will commit to at least two years of support for this new ROM on the OnePlus One, starting from the first community build
I'm not convinced yet, CM suckered punch OPO. Hope people now understand why other manufacturers don't all go for CM or other 3rd party. Too unreliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Call the Non Techies here in TDF and we will make them Techies :high5:

Oh GOD!!! give me some million dollars and I will open a rival company against MMX shiit which will have far better config at the good prices which all indian can buy ;)
Don't blame mmx, it's CM who betrayed OPO here, plan and simple backstabbing.

$hadow

Geek in making

No matter what they do now. Looks like device started to loose it's charm.

tkin

Back to school!!

No matter what they do now. Looks like device started to loose it's charm.
Me and 6 of my friends were lined up to buy it. With this news, 4 of us including me backed out. The other 3 are planning to test the water first. This decision will hurt their sale for sure.

$hadow

Geek in making

Me and 6 of my friends were lined up to buy it. With this news, 4 of us including me backed out. The other 3 are planning to test the water first. This decision will hurt their sale for sure.

Well my cousin recently bought one for 21 or 23k second hand. I didn't remember the exact fig and was skeptical after buying it but since the time he has heard the news he is jumping up and down since coz he didn't delay the purchase. Looks like MI4 might get a good shot after this since i doubt how many are going to buy mmx cm based phone.

Top Bottom