Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: One plus one will be finally available in India

Well my cousin recently bought one for 21 or 23k second hand. I didn't remember the exact fig and was skeptical after buying it but since the time he has heard the news he is jumping up and down since coz he didn't delay the purchase. Looks like MI4 might get a good shot after this since i doubt how many are going to buy mmx cm based phone.
Only one thing can save them now. Deliver us a phone with stock android like Nexus does, then we'll buy it for sure. No color/black&white etc cr@p os.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

They have promised stock android in Feb. Meh am buying this. I will flash CM if any critical updates roll out

tkin

Back to school!!

They have promised stock android in Feb. Meh am buying this. I will flash CM if any critical updates roll out
Let's see what happens. Flashing to update os is just too tiresome, everytime you need to go to recovery, restart, take backup, restart, take the backup of the backup if required, flash update, restart, wipe to factory settings, reload data. I haven't rebooted my G2 is the past 10 days and the last kitkat update happened silently OTA and required no intervention or data loss. Some of us are not so thrilled with having to update OS by flashing it. I'd root the phone anyways for xposed and some other small tweaks, but I had never flashed a custom OS in my G2, much hassle and bugs.

I'd consider buying the OPO in february once their update plan completely roles out and I get a clear picture of it.

cooldude94

Journeyman

Buying opo in feb does not make sense as optwo will be out by sep in india i think.

amjath

Human Spambot

Whatever happens I'm buying one. CM is not the only dev out there. This device has hell a lot of potential. Devs will not let it die[support] like they do for Galaxy s2[lollipop build is in full pace {not cm}]

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

Me too. And last I heard CM has inbuilt upgrade tool that just requires you to flash the zip from recovery without any data loss. Can anyone confirm?

$hadow

Geek in making

Only one thing can save them now. Deliver us a phone with stock android like Nexus does, then we'll buy it for sure. No color/black&white etc cr@p os.

When they launch phone in feb 2015 the next iteration of one plus two will due due in April. And there OS will never be stock as in the case of other Chinese manufacturers.

amjath

Human Spambot

Me too. And last I heard CM has inbuilt upgrade tool that just requires you to flash the zip from recovery without any data loss. Can anyone confirm?

There are 3 ways to download daily nightlies.
below size is for Galaxy S2
#1: Download via Cyanogenmod updates from Settings-> About. Download around ~210MB of data. Never tried it, but I can saw it won't wipe the data
#2: Download from CM site and sideload it in SD card. Install via recovery, takes 2 min to install. Dalvik cache need to be wiped[KK build don't worry about Lollipop]
#3: Download CyanDelta and add your installed ROM and get delta updates ~5MB every day. Auto install.

All the 3 method does not wipe apps+ appdata + userdata
Note: Do not wipe data/Factory reset in recovery else you will lose everything.

- - - Updated - - -

CyanDelta is the best, IMO I'm using it everyday.
But if you make changes in your downloaded ROM like adding some apk files to priv-app or system/app folder then the cyandelta will not detect the ROM.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

One plue one India GM Vikas has cleared that OPO is infact shipping with either 44s or 38r update of CM11s.
There will be no hardware difference and no void of warranty if rooted or flashed.in fact reading between the lines, he has asked the Indian OPO buyers to flash the international CM ROM when updates come manually to their phone.

So chill and enjoy the Flagship Killer
#never settle

amjath

Human Spambot

Was black Friday offer available here?
No, back Friday is not for us and India launch is around the corner
One plue one India GM Vikas has cleared that OPO is infact shipping with either 44s or 38r update of CM11s.
There will be no hardware difference and no void of warranty if rooted or flashed.in fact reading between the lines, he has asked the Indian OPO buyers to flash the international CM ROM when updates come manually to their phone.

So chill and enjoy the Flagship Killer
#never settle
Exactly I don't know why people call themselves as Geeks.
Oneplus let people root (warranty retains) flash a cm 11 and install Delta updates or download cm11s and flash it. Or am I missing anything

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

No, back Friday is not for us and India launch is around the corner

Exactly I don't know why people call themselves as Geeks.
Oneplus let people root (warranty retains) flash a cm 11 and install Delta updates or download cm11s and flash it. Or am I missing anything
The problem will be for non techies. But as well as 44s is concerned there should not be any problems. It is almost big free and stable. Non techies won't know the difference.
Hopefully they price it around 24k or below. Tomorrow am supposed to receive the invite at afternoon. Will order ASAP

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

The problem will be for non techies. But as well as 44s is concerned there should not be any problems. It is almost big free and stable. Non techies won't know the difference.
Hopefully they price it around 24k or below. Tomorrow am supposed to receive the invite at afternoon. Will order ASAP

non techies won't even bother buying it :|
they'll think if they're spending 24-25k, they will buy a "branded" phone instead of a "Chinese" phone :facepalm:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

non techies won't even bother buying it :|
they'll think if they're spending 24-25k, they will buy a "branded" phone instead of a "Chinese" phone :facepalm:

When you buy insurance, stocks, flat, land.. the experts will have same thoughts about you! ;)
its ok for everyone else to be n00bs.. that's how you will make money anyway.
no supply to meet the demand, might as well only sell to smaller market, that's why invite system.

$hadow

Geek in making

I would love to see those black Friday deal considering that many of the big online giants are now coming in to India. (Amazon I am looking at you)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Look at ZTE Grand S II on amazon.in

:shock: :shock: holy mother of GOD......SnapD801

GSM specs is wrong or Amazon is wrong
battery info is misleading

and its Snap D 800 :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Top Bottom