Official OnePlus One Discussion Thread

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Re: One plus one will be finally available in India

OPO will ship with cyanogen. But we will not get bug fixes. No OTA updates. But one thing is sure OPO is taking India for granted. If Indians can hype up the phone then they can kill it too

doom

Journeyman

OPO will ship with cyanogen. But we will not get bug fixes. No OTA updates. But one thing is sure OPO is taking India for granted. If Indians can hype up the phone then they can kill it too
As far as I've read, it won't ship with cm. They'll develop their own custom ROM. Cm was one of the biggest reasons I was inclined toward opo

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Dude they are not taking India for granted, but Micromax won the right to CM in India :/ I hate that shitty mmx even more now.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I've read, it won't ship with cm. They'll develop their own custom ROM. Cm was one of the biggest reasons I was inclined toward opo

Yup thats what I read too.
Let's all spam Micromax shall we?We need reddiotrs help

doom

Journeyman

I'll swear I'll never ever buy MMX even if they give me a free phone

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

BAD NEWS

OPO Will NOT ship with CM version of Android .
Micromax has done a deal with CM and have won the exclusive rights to be the only one to USE CM os in India WTF?
Can we all do a petition to remove this?

We can later change region and flush it with CM?

What if it ships with stock android???
Then it's a treat.

doom

Journeyman

Actually what will it ship with? What will they be selling on dec 2?

Edit- Actually it'll ship with cm but will not receive any official updates. Therefore one plus will develop its own custom ROM

$hadow

Geek in making

Game over one plus and similar can be said about that mmx crappy upcoming phone.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

BAD NEWS

OPO Will NOT ship with CM version of Android .
Micromax has done a deal with CM and have won the exclusive rights to be the only one to USE CM os in India WTF?
Can we all do a petition to remove this?
Source?

OPO use CM 11S (which is a customized version of CM11) I think 11s is specially designed for OPO by its dev Team

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Source?

OPO use CM 11S (which is a customized version of CM11) I think 11s is specially designed for OPO by its dev Team

Official blog post by them.
It will ship with Their own os.

- - - Updated - - -

*dgit.in/oneplus-no-cyanogen

amjath

Human Spambot

A company which rebrand cheap Chinese models can get rights? Wtf. This customised os is what they are planning to deliver for one plus two. They are using Indians for testing? Even though MMX grows to a high level it will get the respect of apple which I have for their iphones.

Edit: can't we just flash the cm11s?

We will flash it and show the middle finger to MMX

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

It will mostly come with Color OS and no cyanogen logo
Just like the Chinese version which comes with Oppos Color OS and no cm logo
Although you can easily flash cm on it

cooldude94

Journeyman

It will come with cm but in india we will not get any ota updates. Changing region will not help since ota is device specific

If the phone is same as the global version then i think we will still be able to flash the update. But i think this will be a dealbreaker to most of the noob community who have no idea about flashing. From February or march they will ship devices with lollipop build of their new custom os which will be near stock. But i think it will be too late by then as mi 4 will have released and even op2 will be near.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

This is highlyu disappointing..really dejected by this..I think even Cyanogen are a bit stupid in signing an exclusive deal. Anyways no petition will sort it out if its a legal agreement.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

This is highlyu disappointing..really dejected by this..I think even Cyanogen are a bit stupid in signing an exclusive deal. Anyways no petition will sort it out if its a legal agreement.

Just derate on amazon and this OPO should never release phones in India.

doom

Journeyman

It will come with cm but in india we will not get any ota updates. Changing region will not help since ota is device specific

If the phone is same as the global version then i think we will still be able to flash the update. But i think this will be a dealbreaker to most of the noob community who have no idea about flashing. From February or march they will ship devices with lollipop build of their new custom os which will be near stock. But i think it will be too late by then as mi 4 will have released and even op2 will be near.
Of course you could flash it. There are many people like me who don't want to go through the cumbersome procedure or don't want to go through the hassle and instead wait for ota. And if we wanted to flash cm then we could have gotten any phone with decent specs and flashed cm on it.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

They will ship with CM. From what I have a read with the 40 or 38s update. But no OTA update till February when one plus will launch their own OS

tkin

Back to school!!

No cyanogenmod and that cr@p color os? Aaand I'm out. I'd rather stick to my G2 which will get a proper L update 2015 Q1.

I'm not mad over micromax, it's a fight, sorry to see oppo losing the fight. The people who will be going for it are the geeks. I'll doubt color os will get much praise from them.

Top Bottom