Official OnePlus 2 Discussion Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
For those who don't know about OnePlus 2:

1.) On screen time is brilliant for about 5 and half hours with new OTA update. Thanks to its power saving 1080p display with really rice contrast and brightness.
2.) I am able to get fully charged phone in less than 2 hours (15 to 100%). Keep in mind it has giant 3,300 mAH battery inside it.
3.) Fingerprint sensor works like charm. 100% accurate for me and it takes same time as iPhone 6 sensor.
4.) It doesn't get hot on hands. But it gets warm in intense use just like any other premium metal phone.
5.) There is no practical use of NFC in India right now and for few years.
6.) It's 4G (airtel band 20) compatible unlike other phones like Nexus 6 that supports only 3G in India.
7.) Camera is sub par of iPhone 6 but it is promised to get much more improvements in future update as Oxygen OS is just new thing.
Can you check the thermals?

*forums.oneplus.net/threads/my-oneplus-2-experience-after-48-hrs-of-usage.347828/

Some people are reporting severe heating, some are not, seems to be luck. Just like Graphic cards, some run hotter than the others.

Dr. House

No Regrets
Can you check the thermals?

*forums.oneplus.net/threads/my-oneplus-2-experience-after-48-hrs-of-usage.347828/

Some people are reporting severe heating, some are not, seems to be luck. Just like Graphic cards, some run hotter than the others.

Sure will do. For me there is not heat yet. May be some people got this defect just like OnePlus One got yellow tint issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Till then watch this final review of Oneplus 2 uploaded today by MKBHD:
[YOUTUBE]s8Un0XB_8xk[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of antutu benchmarks it is par to Galaxy S6. So it ranks second in terms of performance.

*s22.postimg.org/oenaw60m9/Screenshot_2015_08_24_01_23_38.png

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Hi guys...with a heavy heart I shifted from cdma to gsm after ten years due to paucity of cdma handsets. Need an invite for oneplus2. Will really appreciate. Thank you.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
i really don't see the point of going for this phone, imo one plus one is still better choice.......

Well if one is going strictly for an OpO phone then the Plus 2 is the one to get. And the Camera quality is average much like the old one(apparently the software lags for some reason & it has been never been patched like the OpO).

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys...with a heavy heart I shifted from cdma to gsm after ten years due to paucity of cdma handsets. Need an invite for oneplus2. Will really appreciate. Thank you.
You need to wait for a really long time, millions are waiting for their chance and unless you make a fool out of yourself by doing stunts in the OPO forums your chances will go lower still.

Dr. House

No Regrets
Well if one is going strictly for an OpO phone then the Plus 2 is the one to get. And the Camera quality is average much like the old one(apparently the software lags for some reason & it has been never been patched like the OpO).

Really? Have you even hands on OP2? The camera is far better improvement than predecessor OPO. It can take 10 sharp shots in just 1 second. Depth of field is superb. It got the biggest 13MP sensor in the world of android phones. Low light quality is sub par to iPhone 6. Overall I will rank it 4th after Galaxy S6, LG G4 and iPhone 6.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Really? Have you even hands on OP2? The camera is far better improvement than predecessor OPO. It can take 10 sharp shots in just 1 second. Depth of field is superb. It got the biggest 13MP sensor in the world of android phones. Low light quality is sub par to iPhone 6. Overall I will rank it 4th after Galaxy S6, LG G4 and iPhone 6.

Haven't used Op2 but OpO camera was "Average" by the standards you had set. Anyways, will try to get my hands on one. \

Android Police says this about the Oneplus 2 camera: OnePlus 2 Review: The Flagships Are Safe For Now

Exposure seems inconsistent and there's a lot of shutter lag in dim lighting.

Even other reviews complain about the camera.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hype or GTFO

*i.imgur.com/LqWX345.png

Review: OnePlus 2 Review: The Flagships Are Safe For Now

I'm glad respecting editorial integrity and reception to criticism is high on their list of values.

*plus.google.com/+ArtemRussakovskii/posts/1igz22rBvt1

Dr. House

No Regrets
This is why I don't believe any reviewer but anadtech. They are waiting for stable ROM and then they will review. Work in progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't used Op2 but OpO camera was "Average" by the standards you had set. Anyways, will try to get my hands on one. \

Android Police says this about the Oneplus 2 camera: OnePlus 2 Review: The Flagships Are Safe For Now

Even other reviews complain about the camera.

All I can say seeing is believing.

tkin

Back to school!!
Since airtel started "Giving away" invites:

*i.imgur.com/cdyV0v9.jpg

*forums.oneplus.net/threads/selling-invites-to-airtel-unethical.359699/

Please follow the discussion in that thread, never seen such desperation in my life.

What a bunch of sad and desperate people who are waiting in line for the OP2 and are posting continuously in OP forums. No wonder so many scams happen in India :D

- - - Updated - - -

Pure gold:

*i.imgur.com/NqsMlEA.png

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, these threads are alone worth the invite system. Browse them sometime when you are feeling down. No matter how pathetic you feel someone there will be even more pathetic.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
^That is so unfair, reserved for staff.. wow !
No such thing, I reckon they saw the popularity of the phone, decided to give a few to relatives, or simply sell them. I am just surprised that a guy allowed himself to be kicked out of a showroom.

Top Bottom