Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

k4ce

Youngling
yeah, i use a CFW ... presently using a CFW i made myself ... you canhead over to daily mobile forum or anywhere else and download CFWs depending on what u like and stuff ... some are light and simple ... some are really exhaustive withlots of preloaded apps ... take your pick :) ...

k4ce

Youngling
yeah, i use a CFW ... presently using a CFW i made myself ... you canhead over to daily mobile forum or anywhere else and download CFWs depending on what u like and stuff ... some are light and simple ... some are really exhaustive withlots of preloaded apps ... take your pick :) ...

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

@ sujoyp .. yes i have used it ... very promising ... but still in alpha stage .. so hogs RAM ... besides many widgets in it still dont work ... occasionally crashes and goes into an endless loading loop ... but worth a try ...

Is it worth to try cfw? I don't need to hack my phone as i have the dev certificates that will work with endless firmwares :) i think people only use cfw to hack phone or need pre installed mods? Is there any other advantage ?

aytus

The Boss
it was a nice shell better then gdesk for sure, but not without its share of problems , most shortcuts don't work. some widgets don't work., also no way to quit out of the shell without restarting , had tried it on v40 , worth a try to get a taste of lot of home-screens, 3d home-screens and 3d scrolling effects, waiting for its somewhat final working ver, if implemented right, it will be the killer app of 5800 for sure.

Btw anyone on the procedure of re syncing battery?

k4ce

Youngling
Is it worth to try cfw? I don't need to hack my phone as i have the dev certificates that will work with endless firmwares :) i think people only use cfw to hack phone or need pre installed mods? Is there any other advantage ?

See I put all my favourite apps like google search and swiss manager pro etc right into my CFW ... so even if I hard reset my fone, all the things i need are already there ... all i need to do is restore my contacts ...

additionally, the mods that I apply and the theme effects ... u will have em even after hard reset ...

so hacking is not the only reason ppl go for a CFW .. at least, these are my reasons ...

See I put all my favourite apps like google search and swiss manager pro etc right into my CFW ... so even if I hard reset my fone, all the things i need are already there ... all i need to do is restore my contacts ...

additionally, the mods that I apply and the theme effects ... u will have em even after hard reset ...

so hacking is not the only reason ppl go for a CFW .. at least, these are my reasons ...

well said...I think I need to cook my own 5800 firmware now :D

PraKs

Youngling
All 5800 Users

Do you use phone's camera flash light as torch ? Which software is good for that ?

Any harm in using camera's LED light as torch for 10-15 minutes ?

there are many software's and I don't think there is any harm in using it for 10-15 mins
You can try this one..its freeware :
Code:
*rapidshare.com/files/382057888/PhoneTorchV2.sis

PS : you need to sign it first to install

k4ce

Youngling
All 5800 Users

Do you use phone's camera flash light as torch ? Which software is good for that ?

Any harm in using camera's LED light as torch for 10-15 minutes ?

You could also try Strobe Light .. Its on the Ovi Store ... The back of the fone gets awfully warn if u leave it on for that long ... but apart from that, i think it should be fine ..

word of advice ... the LED Flash wasnt designed to stay on continuously for that long ... I say use it in bursts of 2 to 3 mins each ...

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks guys
I have used Sony K750i's light for 15-20 mints, No problem from many years.

Hows 5800's light on that standard ?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i have a problem with radio ...sometimes the radio channels go blank....it doesnt scan or show channels till i restart phone....is it my phone defective or firmware prob...or its there in many phone?

Top Bottom