Official iOS devices thread

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Is it me or Apple removed the "Download Photos" option from iCloud for Windows software? I want to download all of my iCloud Photos to free up space. There used to be a Download Photos along with the Upload Photos option.

iCloud missing Download Photos.jpg

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
How do I download all photos,videos from iCloud? I have around 138 GB uploaded to iCloud and 200GB storage is full. I want to free up space and download the photos videos to PC. Earlier there used to be a Download Photos option as cited in the pic above but now only Upload Photos option is shown. Is there any other way?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
How do I download all photos,videos from iCloud? I have around 138 GB uploaded to iCloud and 200GB storage is full. I want to free up space and download the photos videos to PC. Earlier there used to be a Download Photos option as cited in the pic above but now only Upload Photos option is shown. Is there any other way?
Can you try this: iCloud Photos App | CopyTrans Cloudly

Zangetsu

Thanks but I’m looking for a free solution since the above costs $20, the fact that I need a paid solution to download my own photos from the cloud service for which I pay for seems very weird.
Then contact the Apple customer care and tell your problem. They will reply

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Then contact the Apple customer care and tell your problem. They will reply
Thanks. Upon visiting the support page I found out that the guide for downloading photos mentions the same steps which I used to follow then it clicked me that I downloaded the iCloud for Windows client from the Microsoft Store app inside Windows 10 as the default link on Apple's iTunes download page redirects there. I uninstalled it and installed the one from the Apple's website, now it is working fine:

iCloud for Windows rectified.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. Upon visiting the support page I found out that the guide for downloading photos mentions the same steps which I used to follow then it clicked me that I downloaded the iCloud for Windows client from the Microsoft Store app inside Windows 10 as the default link on Apple's iTunes download page redirects there. I uninstalled it and installed the one from the Apple's website, now it is working fine:
Another example to not trust MS store for anything important related to drivers/clients & prefer download directly from software creator/manufacturer site.

andy_65_in

Padawan
I hv a iphone 5s...A1533..gifted by my US based bro...how to unlock it here in India...the phone is genuine.locally a chap tells me a return email is awaited from USA?so that the new pin lock can be used to unlock the sim facility...but this email is taking ages...the phone is with me.

Last edited:

andy_65_in

Padawan
The iphone status in IMEI check shows activated...tried updating thru itunes...got error 3503. and error 0xE8000015.phone couldnot be restored.tried even ipsw software uploading gthrough imy phone unlocker etc but failed

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I hv a iphone 5s...A1533..gifted by my US based bro...how to unlock it here in India...the phone is genuine.locally a chap tells me a return email is awaited from USA?so that the new pin lock can be used to unlock the sim facility...but this email is taking ages...the phone is with me.
was the iphone 5s factor unlocked while purchasing or carrier locked ?

Zangetsu

phone locked by T mobile USA...anyway somebody here whom i contacted has sent a unlock request email...no reply since more than a week now...wondering what to do.should i spk to t mobile
T-Mobile will unlock any T-Mobile-bound phone that hasn’t been reported lost, stolen blocked, or been “associated with fraudulent activity.” The account associated with the device cannot be canceled. Ask T-Mobile customer service for an unlock by calling 877-746-0909 or using its online chat service.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
So I was using paid Cloud services since 3-4 years on iCloud and Google Storage until recently I decided to let it go after purchasing a 2TB external hdd, my total in house storage is now 4.5 TB which I think is more than enough.
I was using 200GB of iCloud at Rs. 219 per month and Rs. 115 GB of Google at Rs. 130 and both were full since my phone storage is above these. If I'm upgrading, I'll have to pay Rs. 749 for 2TB in icloud and similar at google. Since I have purchased recently a 2TB drive that I think I have enough offline storage. I have downloaded all my data from cloud and now I am synchronizing with iTunes. Does backing up with iTunes also include Whatsapp chats/photos/videos? And if no, how to do that?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I was using paid Cloud services since 3-4 years on iCloud and Google Storage until recently I decided to let it go after purchasing a 2TB external hdd, my total in house storage is now 4.5 TB which I think is more than enough.
I was using 200GB of iCloud at Rs. 219 per month and Rs. 115 GB of Google at Rs. 130 and both were full since my phone storage is above these. If I'm upgrading, I'll have to pay Rs. 749 for 2TB in icloud and similar at google. Since I have purchased recently a 2TB drive that I think I have enough offline storage. I have downloaded all my data from cloud and now I am synchronizing with iTunes. Does backing up with iTunes also include Whatsapp chats/photos/videos? And if no, how to do that?
Your 2TB drive may one day suddenly fail taking all the data with it, that is why people prefer major cloud storage providers because they have much better redundancy than any home user. Just FYI you can get 1TB onedrive storage for ~2800/year & 6TB for ~3500/year in amazon oct sale(myself & @Vyom using it).

andy_65_in

Padawan
phone locked by T mobile USA...anyway somebody here whom i contacted has sent a unlock request email...no reply since more than a week now...wondering what to do.should i spk to t mobile
chap handling my iphone unlock tells me he got a reject email...wonder what it menas

Top Bottom