Official iOS devices thread

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Cannot login to iPhone 4. I have two factor authentication turned on & iPhone 4 doesn’t give me any space to enter the verification code. Also when I am trying to turn off two factor authentication, the option is greyed out.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
iOS 13.4 is out : iOS and iPadOS 13.4 is now available with iPad trackpad and mouse support, iCloud folder sharing, and more

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
How do you guys backup photos from iphone to ext hdd?Also there is huge cluttering of photos mixing up with whatsapp telegram downloaded photos How to rectify that?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I use the sandisk ixpand
whatsapp and telegram have settings to download the photos automatically only within the app, and save to camera roll only when requested. So you can view the media in the app, but you have to tap and save them to camera roll if you want to do that.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I use the sandisk ixpand
whatsapp and telegram have settings to download the photos automatically only within the app, and save to camera roll only when requested. So you can view the media in the app, but you have to tap and save them to camera roll if you want to do that.
i have automatic download and save to camera roll disabled but downloaded whatsapp photos are still there.When i backup using icloud these downloaded photos(even not in camera roll) get mixed with camera photos, How to prevent that.I will try sandisk ixpand thought.

toshar

New to this forum
Greetings
The iphones SE 2020 has been launched at somewhat good price but here my Iphone 5S got network problems. I bought the device in 2014 and never ever had any thoughts of replacing it and TBH the phone is still going very good.
Problem - A week ago while talking to a friend on Whatsapp Call on 4G Airtell the call got disconnected automatically with "NO SERVICE" showing instead of Airtel.
- I restarted my phone but networks never came back.
- I troubleshooted the device by resetting networks, resetting all settings and erase and resetting the phone completely, sim removed and replaced multiple times, cleaned it with alcohol but no luck.
- Sim is working in other phone.
- I dissembled the device to check if it has any network cable unlatched but everything was fine. Removed few cables and latched them back again. Also dropped it intentionally from a feet thinking someone out of place may return back to its place.
- Downgraded to signed iOS 12.4.4 from 12.4.6.
- Nothing worked. Still showing NO SERVICE. Unable to use any payment or banking app as after reset they all require sms service for activation.
- WIFI + Bluetooth working but Networks not working. Not anywhere inside home, outside home. Sime is Airtell 4g. No other sim is working.
- One cell repair guy I found these days said Only reset can work for you, otherwise changing the antennas with new one is not an option now as parts are not readily available coz of lock down and use the device till then as it is.
- Using Nokia 1100 :) :)
New Iphone- I can buy the latest SE but don't want to. Don't like the curvy form factor and theirs no point of ditching rectangular 5s unless it is beyond repair.

What to do? It is a known issue but I didn't any solution.

raksrules

Youngling
Greetings
The iphones SE 2020 has been launched at somewhat good price but here my Iphone 5S got network problems. I bought the device in 2014 and never ever had any thoughts of replacing it and TBH the phone is still going very good.
Problem - A week ago while talking to a friend on Whatsapp Call on 4G Airtell the call got disconnected automatically with "NO SERVICE" showing instead of Airtel.
- I restarted my phone but networks never came back.
- I troubleshooted the device by resetting networks, resetting all settings and erase and resetting the phone completely, sim removed and replaced multiple times, cleaned it with alcohol but no luck.
- Sim is working in other phone.
- I dissembled the device to check if it has any network cable unlatched but everything was fine. Removed few cables and latched them back again. Also dropped it intentionally from a feet thinking someone out of place may return back to its place.
- Downgraded to signed iOS 12.4.4 from 12.4.6.
- Nothing worked. Still showing NO SERVICE. Unable to use any payment or banking app as after reset they all require sms service for activation.
- WIFI + Bluetooth working but Networks not working. Not anywhere inside home, outside home. Sime is Airtell 4g. No other sim is working.
- One cell repair guy I found these days said Only reset can work for you, otherwise changing the antennas with new one is not an option now as parts are not readily available coz of lock down and use the device till then as it is.
- Using Nokia 1100 :) :)
New Iphone- I can buy the latest SE but don't want to. Don't like the curvy form factor and theirs no point of ditching rectangular 5s unless it is beyond repair.

What to do? It is a known issue but I didn't any solution.

Did you try a different operator SIM card? Vodafone or Jio? This will help you eliminate whether it is issue with Airtel in general or phone issue. Also what did Google search reveal on the same issue?

toshar

New to this forum
@whitestar_999 @raksrules The issue is solved now.
Nearby phone repair denied to check my phone saying "ye nahi hoga theek" .. Ghaffar Market was the only solution but couldn't go there because of extreme warm weather in the city.
No other sim card worked in my phone whereas my sim card was working in every other phone so getting a new sim has no hopes but I still gave it a chance and got a new replacement sim from airtell store. 2 hours later it got activated and Bammn.. The phone is working.
I don;t know what was the issue as my old sim was already 4G butchaning the sim for no cost solved the problem.. :) Saved money and travelling to karol bagh.

Issue 2 - Sometimes front Camera work, sometimes it doesn't. Rear camera is working fine, switching to front just blurs the rear camera image but front camera never boots. Switching between camera always works for only rear cam. Also, Factory Resetting the phone makes it work again but then it goes mad again in a day or two. A bug in latest 12.4.7? Just got the update last week.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to know it was solved.:)

Usually I suggest to avoid updating mobile phones with locked firmware if the current firmware is working fine. The many benefits of latest iOS are anyway noticeable on recent hardware only so not much point updating on older apple devices.

Top Bottom