Official iOS devices thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
like blackberry, does iphone have auto on & off phone feature ???
As in automatically switch off at a certain time of the day? and switch back on?

I don't think switching on can be done even if Jailbroken but I'm pretty sure there will be apps in Cydia for a Jailbroken iPhone to turn off at a specific time.
Like this: How to turn off iPhone automatically at a specific time? | REALITYPOD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Actually i returned it back to Amazon. Did not like the tiny vertical screen. Coming from 3 years of 4.7 inch Galaxy Nexus, typing on iPhone 5S is PITA.

Will wait for few more months and get iPhone 6S/7 whatever that is coming in September.

As per the past history, next iPhone should come with 2GB RAM and its worth waiting IMO.

What do you guys think ?

Same dilemma here. Thinking of waiting till 6S release and maybe even the iPhone 6 gets a price cut by then.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ New iPhone to be out on Sept 9th AFAIK & should be launched in India after a month or so of launch. So I guess waiting is the best option.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Just got an i phone6 after years and years of android.

How do you play videos on this without converting? I have a couple of series on my laptop would like to see them on my iphone? What's the easiest way?

ashs1

Padawan

How do you play videos on this without converting? I have a couple of series on my laptop would like to see them on my iphone? What's the easiest way?
Download a video player ( like HD player or vlc) .
Then, follow these steps :
Add videos in VLC Media Player for iPhone
The link shows the steps for vlc, but the process is same for any video player.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Download AVPlayer for iOS
plays almost all formats and with good HW decoding

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=166916]theterminator[/MENTION] It won't be side by side as shown at the keynote. You can only switch whole apps as shown in the keynote by pulling from the side.

Inside iOS 9: Split-Screen Multitasking for the iPad - Mac Rumors

noob

Cyborg Agent
Guys..

I have an iPad which my family uses. I have got lot of games purchased on iPad.

Today i have ordered iPhone 6 and wish to use the same apple account that the iPad uses. However, I would like to know few things

1. What stuff will be synced across the device (not via iTunes sync)?
e.g if i download app on iPhone, will the same app come on iPad automatically ?

2. I dont want iPad to sync my contacts / mails/ photos from phone. How do i do that?

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
1. nope. apps are added to the account, not downloaded automatically. what gets synced depends on settings.
2. settings > mail/ contacts/ calendars

noob

Cyborg Agent
1. nope. apps are added to the account, not downloaded automatically. what gets synced depends on settings.
2. settings > mail/ contacts/ calendars

so if i download gmail app on phone, assuming it shows up on ipad...in that case will the ipad gmail app show all my mails ?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Im sorry, didn't understand the question
If gmail app was paid, you need to buy in only once on any device. In this case, the app get's added to a list of downloaded apps in your account.
You will need to download and install the gmail app on every device.
The emails on each device is unique to the login details used on that device.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Im sorry, didn't understand the question
If gmail app was paid, you need to buy in only once on any device. In this case, the app get's added to a list of downloaded apps in your account.
You will need to download and install the gmail app on every device.
The emails on each device is unique to the login details used on that device.

Sorry for confusion. If I have installed gmail app on iPhone (i.e logged in to gmail app using my username and password) and then suppose my family member installs gmail app on iPad , will it sync the gmail credentials from my phone automatically to iPad because of iCloud stuff ?

Top Bottom