Official iOS devices thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Right. I'll do the following :

1. Download the IPSW file from ITunes or the net and use it to upgrade iOS.
u can directly download from a download manager as they(redmondpie) give direct url of the IPSW files...

My query is, will i need to unlock it so i can use it here? I've read some people saying they do not get service after the jailbreak.
u will find answer for this there only...

Will appreciate if you can PM me the details. Yesterday I went to a url *apps and tried to download from there and it gave an error that Safari can't download this.
Also is it possible to install any other browser apart from Safari on my iPad.

your PM inbox is full..free some space first

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Okay, I'm a complete novice regarding IPhone Jailbreaking. I have a Jailbroken 3GS on 4.2.1 , Modem Firmware - 06.15.00. I want to upgrade to 5.1.1 with an Untethered Jailbreak. I've read the Tutorial on IJailbreak, but i'm not convinced by it. Where do i download the 5.1.1 iOS from? And how do i install it on my phone? If someone can provide or atleast link me to a step-by-step tutorial, i'll greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Right. I'll do the following :

1. Download the IPSW file from ITunes or the net and use it to upgrade iOS.
2. Jailbreak using the usual jailbreaking steps with Redsn0w.

My query is, will i need to unlock it so i can use it here? I've read some people saying they do not get service after the jailbreak.

Thanks in advance :)

Just tell me first then I will answer your other question. This 3GS is your recent purchase or you using from long time (I think you purchase recently)

Not didn't find a dedicated Ipad thread, so here goes:

1)Which app do you guys use to send and receive smses via your iPad ?
2)Do you make calls using skype or any other means ?

k_v

Journeyman

Just tell me first then I will answer your other question. This 3GS is your recent purchase or you using from long time (I think you purchase recently)
It was a gift. My brother got it from the US about a month ago.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

First thing you have iPad baseband which used for unlocking and this baseband cause GPS issue and other. But now you can upgrade your BB by using tiny umbrella which save yout blob file.

k_v

Journeyman

First thing you have iPad baseband which used for unlocking and this baseband cause GPS issue and other. But now you can upgrade your BB by using tiny umbrella which save yout blob file.

I have no idea what you just wrote. Could you break it down and explain it in simple language? :razz:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

I have no idea what you just wrote. Could you break it down and explain it in simple language? :razz:

The Baseband which you mention above is a iPad BB which means this device was upgrade to newer BB and lost the unlocking (Your phone is not a factory unlock, So we aware every time when you upgarde), So that time there was only one option left to upgrade with iPad BB to get the network back on your phone. But recently Redsn0w allow you to downgrade the BB 05.13.04. After downgrading the BB you need Tinyumbrella (software which preserve your BB from upgrading). By using tiny save your blob and upgrade your phone to 5.1.1. Find some video about tinyumbrella in youtube.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi Friends,happy to join with new iphone 5(got it from Singapore friend),

Slim & cute with decent 4" screen,

No problem for nano sim,cutters are available in Chennai (Thanks to my friend from Adyar shop),just inserted and got it activated,absolutely no need to make it thin using sand paper and all!

Everything is same as iphone 4S except the screen size!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1029.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1019.jpg

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1033.jpg

Cam is OK,but still iphone 4S images look more crisp?!

Looks faster,I need to test with some games

Hope many of our friends join with iP5!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Wow Dhan again great purchase upload more pic in your FB. By the way congrats. Feed your experience here, will looking to buy.

k_v

Journeyman

The Baseband which you mention above is a iPad BB which means this device was upgrade to newer BB and lost the unlocking (Your phone is not a factory unlock, So we aware every time when you upgarde), So that time there was only one option left to upgrade with iPad BB to get the network back on your phone. But recently Redsn0w allow you to downgrade the BB 05.13.04. After downgrading the BB you need Tinyumbrella (software which preserve your BB from upgrading). By using tiny save your blob and upgrade your phone to 5.1.1. Find some video about tinyumbrella in youtube.

Mate, I've found a tutorial that would help me, i guess. Link - Update jailbreak iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 preserve unlock baseband redsn0w

Could you tell me if it's the right one i should follow?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Mate, I've found a tutorial that would help me, i guess. Link - Update jailbreak iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 preserve unlock baseband redsn0w

Could you tell me if it's the right one i should follow?

Yup that's correct.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

I have 3 albums in my ipod
one is that one storing clicked pics from the ipod camera
and other 2 random ones HoW Do i delete those albums?

ajayritik

Technomancer

Guys I had bought a new screen protector for my iPad3 which while applying on the iPad had created bubbles and while trying to remove those bubbles I got some scratches which I presume is on the scratch guard rather than iPad itself. Can someone suggest a good VFM Screen guard. Neither too expenisive nor too cheap. I found some costing Rs 200 to Rs 2k on ebay.
Will appreciate responses from you all.

Cans some mod please update the title of the thread to ipad.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

^ Go to some shop ask them for ipad screen guard and let them do it for you

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Guys I had bought a new screen protector for my iPad3 which while applying on the iPad had created bubbles and while trying to remove those bubbles I got some scratches which I presume is on the scratch guard rather than iPad itself. Can someone suggest a good VFM Screen guard. Neither too expenisive nor too cheap. I found some costing Rs 200 to Rs 2k on ebay.
Will appreciate responses from you all.

Cans some mod please update the title of the thread to ipad.
Capdase is most popular one...also u can try molite

while applying screen guard..bubble formation is normal which u can remove by using an Eraser on the bubbles...

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Hey guys :)
I was thinking of getting the ASUS TF700
But read many many many issues-Though its quad core, its buggy, has dead pixels,games look blurry
But in ipad's you cant do many things that androids can do..
Suppose i get a ipad does it support OTG,PDF'S(books,comics)

But android for its legit free apps

Okay my main purpose is:Reading(BOOKS,comics PDF, browsing,movies,gaming)

Sumer808

Broken In
Re: iPhone3G owners discussion thread

My cousin stays in USA n he's coming India this December I asked him to bring an itouch for me
Any suggestions how to avoid custom duty

Top Bottom