Official iOS devices thread

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Anyone? please who has a ipad tell me about the video formats,ratio is 4:3 or 16:( ?

SunE

Professional Newbie

What video formats? If you're talking about viewing videos then it'll be the format the video is in. Suppose it's a HD video(16:9) then black bars(letterbox format) will be on the screen. If you're talking about the video recorded by the iPad then it's 720p and 1080p (16:9).

ajayritik

Technomancer

What video formats? If you're talking about viewing videos then it'll be the format the video is in. Suppose it's a HD video(16:9) then black bars(letterbox format) will be on the screen. If you're talking about the video recorded by the iPad then it's 720p and 1080p (16:9).
What to do about the Black bars for HD Video? Can't we get rid of this?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

^^ Killing my ipod touch, which is already dead due to ios 5 ? :O
will it give me siri?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

Urgent Help Required:

My iTouch (First Gen), is not starting up. The apple logo appears and disappears leaving the screen back to shut down position. Trying updating the software (restarting with both buttons pressed) didn't help either. I won't detect in iTunes. Any idea or experience.

Regards.

ajaymailed

In the zone

Apple iPhone 5 prices start at Rs 45,500 in India - to be distributed through Redington and Ingram Micro

NEW DELHI: Apple iPhone 5, which will be launched in India on November 2, will be priced at Rs 45,500 for the entry-level 16GB model. The 32 and 64GB models will be sold at 52,500 and 59,500 respectively.

The prices have been shared by Redington, one of the two distribution partners of Apple in India, in the country and are in line with the unconfirmed price range that TOI had earlier reported.

Redington and Ingram have also confirmed TOI's Friday report that Apple is set to launch the iPhone 5, its latest smartphone, in India on November 2, 2012. Apple has joined hands with Redington and Ingram Micro to distribute its flagship device in the country.

This is a departure from Apple's earlier strategy of partnering with telecom operators like Airtel and Aircel to retail the phone in India. Redington and Ingram Micro already distribute iPad and iPods in the country.
Almighty Apple has done a favour to indians by selling the phones directly instead of tying us to the mobile operators. A nice gift for iphone fans in India, next would be reducing prices by some 10%.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Urgent Help Required:

My iTouch (First Gen), is not starting up. The apple logo appears and disappears leaving the screen back to shut down position. Trying updating the software (restarting with both buttons pressed) didn't help either. I won't detect in iTunes. Any idea or experience.

Regards.
My friend had a smillar problem, he connected to itunes and it worked

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ Killing my ipod touch, which is already dead due to ios 5 ? :O
will it give me siri?

Strange. I have used the 4th gen iPod touch(the one you have) with iOS 5 and also the 5th gen iPod Touch with iOS 6 and frankly speaking didnt feel any lag.
Dont you kill your apps after it starts up? Double click hime button and.... I guess you know :)

ajaymailed

In the zone

why do manufacturers like Apple sell their products with different storage (16/32/64 GB) have so much price different? why is 64GB iPhone is 15K costlier than 16GB?, price different of 30%. We could get a new smartphone for 15K, Is the memory for internal storage so much better than external SD Card? performance wise to justify that price ? somebody like Apple which sources components at an extremely large scale should have no problem to buy memory at extremely low prices. After all, even the external SD Card prices in India itself are so much more lower.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

why do manufacturers like Apple sell their products with different storage (16/32/64 GB) have so much price different? why is 64GB iPhone is 15K costlier than 16GB?, price different of 30%. We could get a new smartphone for 15K, Is the memory for internal storage so much better than external SD Card? performance wise to justify that price ? somebody like Apple which sources components at an extremely large scale should have no problem to buy memory at extremely low prices. After all, even the external SD Card prices in India itself are so much more lower.

Adding a memory card slot will result in increase in thickness of the cellphone + they wont be able to make profit ;), now apple is making butloads of money

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
I am looking for a used ipod touch (budget is tight). Found a few deals @ ebay and other sites

2yrs old 32gb ipod touch 3g @6k

1+yrs old 64g ipod touch 3g @6.8k

1.8yrs old 8gb ipod touch 4G @ 7.5k with sennheiser cx180 earphones.

Which one should i buy?

My requiremets and usage : ~300MB songs. No videos/ebooks/photos (my phone is enuf for that i think) A few games like real racing, modern combat etc.

Ps: i've previously owned a jailbroken 2g 8gb model. And the one i am going to buy should also support jailbreak

Ayuclack

*qwich.in

Dude the iPod Touch 4G 8Gb is only 9900 and you can also get additional 20 % off then Why get old for 7.5 k Link

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz

Dude the iPod Touch 4G 8Gb is only 9900 and you can also get additional 20 % off then Why get old for 7.5 k Link

he's offering sennheiser CX180 too which costs 1.7k @ flipkart. does it worth 7.5k for ipod touch 4G + sennheiser CX180??

i'm currently low on budget so can't even afford new @10k unless i get 20% discout code.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in

he's offering sennheiser CX180 too which costs 1.7k @ flipkart. does it worth 7.5k for ipod touch 4G + sennheiser CX180??

i'm currently low on budget so can't even afford new @10k unless i get 20% discount code.

Honestly Speaking Then Try The Grey Market I got the touch 4g 64 Gb on about the time of India Released at then it was 26 k for Apple Price and I got that for 20k To Take a look There !!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

i'm currently low on budget so can't even afford new @10k unless i get 20% discout code.

That Sennheiser IEM is not so costly. It is easily available on the street for 1.3k(I bought at that price last November so it should be lesser now)
Anyways the combined deal ypu are getting is good :)

Top Bottom