Official iOS devices thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

iFunbox can only be used on a Jailbroken device. And I wont jail break mine for long.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Kick the boss is kind of fun :D

Also try something called Office Jerk.

Everyone also try these applications=
1. Virtual Table Tennis Onlile= Great free app. Has both offline and online mode. Maybe we can play multiplayer one day.
2. Zombiesmash= Just an awesome free zombie killing app. Very good. You have to hold them by touching them and throw them. Trust me its not as easy as it looks to be.

arora.prafull

Broken In

'HELPPPP!!!!!!!

By mistakenly I have deleted my cydia.

I bought an iPhone 4S on 20th march and jailbroken it some days back.
but yesterday, I saw that suddenly Siri changed her voice. I dont know why ?
I have gone through everything (btw I am still on English United states)
I have restored the settings 2 times, nothing happened .. everything was still the same.
I have than tried to 'Erase all content and settings'. But than A loading wheel has been started ..and It didn't complete even in 12 hours, A whole night. (than battery got discharged and when I restarted the phone, only 2 apps got deleted.) I did it again 2 times but same happened it is not erasing all data. ;(

I want to reset my device, I can't even do that.
I decided to delete everything manually than click on 'Erase all content and settings'.

I went to settings > Cydelete > turned off the cydia (from protection)

And then I deleted all apps and cydia manually.

Now I understood that I am totally screwed !!!!!!

I just want my device to get restored now. But not want to update it.

there is no option in iTunes to restore the device WITHOUT UPDATE.

u see how much I'm screwed right now ???

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe...

chintan786

In the zone

how to lock or password protect images and videos on iphone. Mine is iphone 4 5.0 OS. plz suggest few free apps only.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@arora.prafull There is a different technique for this. To restore without update first you need is the .IPA file.

Since you say you are on iOS 5 get it from here- Download iOS 5 For iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, 1, iPod touch [Final Version Direct Download Links] | Redmond Pie

Then open iTunes, select the devices then click the restore button and also hold the Shift button while doing it.
You will be prompted to select a .IPA. select the file you just got. Then restore should be done

If you are not on iOS 5 but are on iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.1 then select the IPA accordingly :wink:

Ayuclack

*qwich.in

'HELPPPP!!!!!!!

By mistakenly I have deleted my cydia.

I bought an iPhone 4S on 20th march and jailbroken it some days back.
but yesterday, I saw that suddenly Siri changed her voice. I dont know why ?
I have gone through everything (btw I am still on English United states)
I have restored the settings 2 times, nothing happened .. everything was still the same.
I have than tried to 'Erase all content and settings'. But than A loading wheel has been started ..and It didn't complete even in 12 hours, A whole night. (than battery got discharged and when I restarted the phone, only 2 apps got deleted.) I did it again 2 times but same happened it is not erasing all data. ;(

I want to reset my device, I can't even do that.
I decided to delete everything manually than click on 'Erase all content and settings'.

I went to settings > Cydelete > turned off the cydia (from protection)

And then I deleted all apps and cydia manually.

Now I understood that I am totally screwed !!!!!!

I just want my device to get restored now. But not want to update it.

there is no option in iTunes to restore the device WITHOUT UPDATE.

u see how much I'm screwed right now ???

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe...

Let Me Get Few Thing Clear First...

If You Had Cydia and Had your ios 5.0.1 SHSH Saved There Then You Have A Chance Of Getting Restored or Else You Have To Upgrade to iOS 5.1 From Apple Which Wont Have The Untethered Jailbreak ( Which Means You Can Reboot You Device Without A Computer)
Then You have To Jailbreak Tethered And Boot Every Time using A PC or A Mac....

If You remember Some Thing Like This *www.sinfuliphone.com/filez/images/guides/shsh/cydia_shsh_on_file.png

There Was Something Like This On Your Device....

Itune Would Give Error if You Try To Use Apples Server for iOS 5.0.1

See This If You Had Your SHSH Link Here

If You Didnt Have SHSH Then You Are Out Of Luck And Wait For ios 5.1 Proper Jailbreak and For Now Upgrade To ios 5.1 via Apple
If your iPhone Wasn't Factory unlocked and was using Cydia To Unlock Then Also You Are Out Of Luck ...:cry:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

@praful: u can restore through itunes to iOS 5.1 but if u have saved previous version blobs then u can downgrade easily

how to lock or password protect images and videos on iphone. Mine is iphone 4 5.0 OS. plz suggest few free apps only.
There r apps available such as my secret folder etc

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

could anyone please recommend a good client for IRC chatting? All capabilities need to be unlocked on free version itself.
Also how much is average battery life of your devices? How much does it reduce when using Wifi?

Ayuclack

*qwich.in

I use Rooms But From Another Source ... By the way I Get 6-8 hrs On Full Usage ie playing Modern Combat online etc.....
In Standby usage ie very Less... around 2-3 days.....and wifi is always on with My Both iPhone and iPod Touch .....(iPod Gives Less Backup Than iPhone)

Which Device Are you using???

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I am using a iPod Touch 2nd generation one. I too get around 5 hours max. Although using Wifi brings the time down to 2 and a half hours.
I would prefer a free IRC client though. And I have not Jail broken my iPod.

Ayuclack

*qwich.in

Which iOS Are You Using as Your iPod Have Became Old The Battery Is Affected ...

Cant Really Do any Thing for it....
You Can Try To Keep The Wifi off as much as possible
Turn the Brightness Down to get A Little Bit More Battery Life

For IRC Client Try Google!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Using iOS 4.2.1. Although most apps are available some of latest games are not supported by it. Everything runs fine. Thanks for suggestions :)

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman

mine iPhone easily gives me 2 Days time with regular Wifi , Edge(GPRS) Usages.......
mine iPhone is on iOS 5.0.1

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

i m using kingsoft battery doc.but i don't get a full recharge cycle even though i charge it when it 20% ?

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~

so if i get iphone, how much will vodaphone/airtel charge me per month ??? using net surfing & calling ......

I use voda and pay 98 bucks for 2GB data on EGPRS (Not 3G, its costlier and low data limit), I have no idea as to the costs for calls/sms should be 1p/sec and 10p/sms?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

i m using kingsoft battery doc.but i don't get a full recharge cycle even though i charge it when it 20% ?

happens to me quite regularly too. S have no idea why is happens. 1 fix possible might be chasing for below 20 percent to full for a time of 5 and half hours. Found out that only then cycle is registered. Dont charge for above 6 hours. It will then be listed under overcharge. Charge more than 5 less than 6.
Also use the latest version of this software. I found there are many good changes made to this :)

Top Bottom