Official iOS devices thread

aroraanant

Explorer
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

In market it(16GB) is available for less than 35K so no use of buying it from ebay.

In market it(16GB) is available for less than 35K so no use of buying it from ebay.

Offcourse you can if you have a coupon of 5-10% :)

The latest news :)

The iPhone Dev-Team has released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1. The jailbreak implements the untether developed by i0n1c.

I am not sure its legal to post the links here, but you iOS users can google it.

iApple Pawned again :D

Hurray :D Time to JB now !!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
The 4.3.1 untether jailbreak is OUT now

The 4.3.1 untether exploit comes courtesy of Stefan Esser (@i0n1c on twitter), a security researcher based in Germany. Stefan has a long history of vulnerability research, and ironically his first contribution to the iPhone jailbreak community was improved security — last year he beat Apple to the punch and implemented ASLR for jailbroken iPhones with his “antid0te” framework. We’re happy to see that Stefan then turned his iPhone attention over to an untethered jailbreak exploit!

The 4.3.1 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.1 except for the iPad2:

* iPhone3GS
* iPhone4 (GSM)
* iPod touch 3G
* iPod touch 4G
* iPad1
* AppleTV 2G (PwnageTool only for now)

redsn0w 0.9.6rc9:

* OS X redsn0w
* Windows redsn0w

So yeah, enjoy the Jailbreak.

Source

tejjammy

Journeyman
Re: The 4.3.1 untether jailbreak is OUT now

Don't go with redsnow, its doesn't include multitouch. I JB using that, and now JB using snowbreeze. Both worked like a charm. Snowbreeze includes multitouch for iPod 4g/iPhone 4g and iPad.

can you please elaborate ?
Are you referring to multitouch gestures?? Is it available in stock firmware??
Thanx

can you please elaborate ?
Are you referring to multitouch gestures?? Is it available in stock firmware??
Thanx

Yes- multitouch gestures :)

I am not sure its available in stock firmware or not, as I was using 4.2.1 and when the jb released. I updated to v4.3.1, without seeing any new features, use the red snow method to Jailbreak it.

After 1-2 hours, saw that Snowbreeze also released an untethered jb tool, which added a feature from ipad i.e. multi touch gesture. So, I again jb with Snowbreeze method.

Now, when I use 2-4 fingers, I can scroll through various active application which rocks. (Hadn't tested enough capabilities of the feature)

I was keen to know what exactly the Snowbreeze includes, and learn the way to add it manually.

Once Jb, install Cydia, install OpenSSH, Using SSH go to

· System>Library>CoreServices>SpringBoard.app>N90.plist (for iPhone) or N81.plist (For iPod)

Edit the .plist file using text editor that supports this file format (google it). You need to manually add the Boolean statement “multitasking-gestures” and set its value to “True

Restart your iPhone 4g/iPod 4g and you will get this feature.

tejjammy

Journeyman

Yes- multitouch gestures :)

I am not sure its available in stock firmware or not, as I was using 4.2.1 and when the jb released. I updated to v4.3.1, without seeing any new features, use the red snow method to Jailbreak it.

After 1-2 hours, saw that Snowbreeze also released an untethered jb tool, which added a feature from ipad i.e. multi touch gesture. So, I again jb with Snowbreeze method.

Now, when I use 2-4 fingers, I can scroll through various active application which rocks. (Hadn't tested enough capabilities of the feature)

I was keen to know what exactly the Snowbreeze includes, and learn the way to add it manually.

Once Jb, install Cydia, install OpenSSH, Using SSH go to

· System>Library>CoreServices>SpringBoard.app>N90.plist (for iPhone) or N81.plist (For iPod)

Edit the .plist file using text editor that supports this file format (google it). You need to manually add the Boolean statement “multitasking-gestures” and set its value to “True

Restart your iPhone 4g/iPod 4g and you will get this feature.

can't the plist method used in redsn0w jb? I will use ifile to edit it

Another question has anybody tried apple peel or any other similar product to convert/ use ipod touch as a phone?
Thank you :)

Last edited:

can't the plist method used in redsn0w jb? I will use ifile to edit it

Another question has anybody tried apple peel or any other similar product to convert/ use ipod touch as a phone?
Thank you :)

Yes, the plist method will work with redsnow. :)

The snowbreeze already include that modification.

Those peel off are just waste of money. You should rather invest in iPhone :)

tejjammy

Journeyman

I kept on pestering my parents and finally my dad got a 64gb ipod touch when he was on a business trip to japan(just a week before the disaster).

I am still a student and don't earn so have to be satisfied with what i have.

But is it available in india??

Thanks again dude ;-)

I kept on pestering my parents and finally my dad got a 64gb ipod touch when he was on a business trip to japan(just a week before the disaster).

I am still a student and don't earn so have to be satisfied with what i have.

But is it available in india??

Thanks again dude ;-)

Yes, its available in India and it gonna cost you 5000-5500rs. Two models are there, one for the 3g models and another one for 4g models.

Welcome dude :)

tejjammy

Journeyman

Sorry again
I want iPeel for iPod touch 4th gen. Can anybody tell me where can i get one in mumbai? Also has anybody tried it?
Thanx

Sorry again
I want iPeel for iPod touch 4th gen. Can anybody tell me where can i get one in mumbai? Also has anybody tried it?
Thanx

I found it on ebay :mrgreen:

apple peel, Consumer Electronics items at low prices on eBay India

tejjammy

Journeyman

I found it on ebay :mrgreen:

apple peel, Consumer Electronics items at low prices on eBay India

Thanks will first see if its reliable.
I just now JB my iPod touch running 4.3.1 using redsn0w. It has multitouch gestures by default :shock:.
Anyways it is very difficult to use in i small screen!
Tejas

I just now JB my iPod touch running 4.3.1 using redsn0w. It has multitouch gestures by default :shock:.
Tejas

Maybe redsnow enabled the multitouch now :)

Install SBrotator and you will see how good multi gestures can be.

I am trying to figure out, if we can enable/patch 2-3 finger touch for the gestures :evil:

Tejas

And I found it :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Enter Magic Fingers, a new tweak released yesterday in Cydia that will allow you to exit the current app you’re in by touching your iPhone with multiple fingers. The application doesn’t cost anything to download, but since it is in Cydia you must be jailbroken to get it…

If you want to check it out, you just have to tap into the search tab of the new and improved Cydia 1.1, and type in “Magic Fingers.” When I tried to download it, I was prompted by Cydia that the application depended on WinterBoard. I hadn’t used WinterBoard in a while, but I followed the directions and reinstalled it.

*www.iphonedownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/magic-fingers-266x400.png

Once finished, the tweak should be sitting in your ‘Settings.app’. The only customization option you have is to change the number of fingers it takes to exit an application. Mine is currently set on three, as four and five fingers felt way to crowded.

This app really excited me, as my home button on my iPhone 4 has been working intermittently. But I found I spend about as much time swiping at my screen as I did fighting with my stubborn home button. Maybe I need a little more time to get used to it.
Depends:Winterboard!!

Download:*apt.modmyi.com/pool/main/c/co...honeos-arm.deb

TylerDurden

Right off the assembly line

Magic fingers, doesn't work for me on 4.3.1. I want those 2 fingers, badly.Five or four, too big for the screens iPhone 4.
Anyone got solution to enable 2 finger multitasking?

Magic fingers, doesn't work for me on 4.3.1. I want those 2 fingers, badly.Five or four, too big for the screens iPhone 4.
Anyone got solution to enable 2 finger multitasking?

You able to use multi-touch gestures without Magic fingers ? Settings-Multi touch gesture-ON ?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

This what i got,
Step 1: Jailbreak iOS 4.3 GM running on your iPhone 4, you can follow the guide posted here using PwnageTool 4.2.

Step 2: Once you’re jailbroken, launch Cydia and install OpenSSH.

Step 3: Now you’re going to SSH into your device (by using clients such as Cyberduck for Mac or WinSCP for Windows), and then navigate to the following directory: System>Library>CoreServices>SpringBoard.app>N90.plist

Step 4: Using a plist editor such as TextWrangler, edit the N90.plist file.

Step 5: Add a Boolean statement “multitasking-gestures” and set its value to “True”.

Step 6: Save everything you’ve edited, restart the Springboard.

Step 7: That’s it, you’re all done! You should now see the Multitouch Gestures option in the Settings.app file on your iPhone 4. Just tap to turn it on.

TylerDurden

Right off the assembly line

But this isn't for just activating the multitasking gestures?
I got the multitasking gestures, i want to use 2-3 fingers instead of 4 or 5.Is it possible with this tutorial?

This what i got,
Step 1: Jailbreak iOS 4.3 GM running on your iPhone 4, you can follow the guide posted here using PwnageTool 4.2.

Step 2: Once you’re jailbroken, launch Cydia and install OpenSSH.

Step 3: Now you’re going to SSH into your device (by using clients such as Cyberduck for Mac or WinSCP for Windows), and then navigate to the following directory: System>Library>CoreServices>SpringBoard.app>N90.plist

Step 4: Using a plist editor such as TextWrangler, edit the N90.plist file.

Step 5: Add a Boolean statement “multitasking-gestures” and set its value to “True”.

Step 6: Save everything you’ve edited, restart the Springboard.

Step 7: That’s it, you’re all done! You should now see the Multitouch Gestures option in the Settings.app file on your iPhone 4. Just tap to turn it on.

Just read few post above, this has already been posted. We are not discussing about adding the multi gesture feature. Its about to change the finger touch from 4 to 3/2.

But this isn't for just activating the multitasking gestures?
I got the multitasking gestures, i want to use 2-3 fingers instead of 4 or 5.Is it possible with this tutorial?

NO

I have tried the magic finger and its also not working. The multigesture still needs 4 fingers and its only good for iPad not for iPhone/iPod. :???:

Top Bottom