Official iOS devices thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

need help despirately ppl!!!!!!!!!!!
i am new 2 dis section of this forum
i have ipod touch 2g 2.1.1
i played music along with an app "[free]spawn lite" i opened music by double pressing home button...home buton hanged...cudnt close music to go to home...
den i pressed sleep & home button once and it clicked an on-screen pic
& with the fake flash light it hanged overthere...now it dosent shut down...only sleeps...position remains d same...white blank screen...
dis problem happlened neva b4?!!?
No! i dont want 2 restore it...itll cost me 500 bucks as itll get updated to 3.0
plsplsplsplsplspslpaslspslpls ppls"HELP DUDES@#$%#!":!::!::!::shock::arrow::idea::?::?::-(
Do as Pat said bro,No matter what you do you'll never brick your iPod,So don't worry.Just a Hard-Reset is enough to bring it back to life anytime.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

guys m answered...plz if ne1 can... i dont have a wifi as of now... i hv jailbreaked my itouch 1G.... is there anyway i can download apps to it using my net connection on pc...

Enjoy~!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

guys m answered...plz if ne1 can... i dont have a wifi as of now... i hv jailbreaked my itouch 1G.... is there anyway i can download apps to it using my net connection on pc...

Enjoy~!
Yes,You can buddy.Use iTunes to buy apps from App Store and Cyder for Cydia apps from your PC itself.No wifi needed in this case.So go ahead and try.

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

yes i installed cyder but dunno to make it work... it asks for packages which m not familiar to...

Enjoy~!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle

There is some problem with 3.0 in iphone .I cannot scroll contacts using the shortcut alphabets on the right side of screen.

Everytime i press it ,it seems to take me only to contacts startingf rom letter C.

Any work around ? Plz help.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

yes i installed cyder but dunno to make it work... it asks for packages which m not familiar to...

Enjoy~!
In Cyder the home tab is for address of Repositories.
Goto second tab where you can find Cydia packages neatly sorted into respective categories.
The categories are same as you browse from iPod,So it should not be confusing.
Select the package and its details are shown and Tick it if you want to download it and press the download button(The Hard drive Icon) at the bottom.
Now in the third tab you should find the package you downloaded in Local Cache Window. Now select the package you want to sync and there you go.Its is very simple,it should not confuse you,but if you are new to it,then it takes some time don't worry.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

Guys i have updated my touch to 3.0 and now my battery life has decreased marginally , i tried downgrading to 2.2.1 which used to work like a charm but getting whole lot of crap errors like 600 . 650 etc while downgrading . Have anyone else faced the battery problem or have anyone tried downgrading . I am not getting that white screen , only dfu mode .

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Are you guys looking forward to buy 3G S?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

yeah but in that tab where a sorted packages shud b thr does not show up anything.... its blank...neither update from ipod to pc button downloads anything

Enjoy~!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

yeah but in that tab where a sorted packages shud b thr does not show up anything.... its blank...neither update from ipod to pc button downloads anything

Enjoy~!
Yup the same happened to me,just go to the settings tab(last one) and put a tick over all the settings and restart cyder.Now the list should be updated with all the packages and all the downloaded content will be auto-saved to cydia folder.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Brothers do you think Shake to shuffle is of any use,since it works only when the music app is active and that too only with the display On.Is there any way I can shake and shuffle songs while playing in sleep mode??

harshal009

Right off the assembly line

Are you guys looking forward to buy 3G S?

Yes very much. Infact counting my days for the launch in august. I lost my blackberry pearl last month and was going to go for 3g but thought it wud be a better deal if i wait for 3GS. so the wait is on..

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

Yup the same happened to me,just go to the settings tab(last one) and put a tick over all the settings and restart cyder.Now the list should be updated with all the packages and all the downloaded content will be auto-saved to cydia folder.

yes sir actually i tried that already... well let me confirm the cheklists-

plug d ipod(jailbroken to 3.0) to usb wit pc...
keep d ipod in on position...
tick all d options in cyder settings..
restart the cyder app...

--> nuttin to be done wit the ipod....

is that all.... anything else to check, coz on doing this much i dont have nething showing up...

Enjoy~!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

This is how it works for me.
*img194.imageshack.us/img194/2181/96888016.jpg

*img198.imageshack.us/img198/5842/38581801.jpg

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom

i have ipod touch 1G (iPhone 3.0)and everything is like soooooo slow. When I tap, it doesnt respond immediatly and once I had like "half" the music app open with the other half on the home screen. also i have noticed that typing is really slow and the keys get "stuck" on the screen. This is soooo anoying!!

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Do a restore using itune. also what is ipod touch 1G (iPhone 3.0)?

Pat

Beyond Smart

^^First-gen iPod Touch upgraded to 3.0!

It should not be laggy..Probably try a "Erase all settings" from settings menu. If it doesnt work, you should reflash!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

There sure are a lot of lags in the 1st gen iTouch with 3.0. I'm guessing spotlight indexing is not optimized properly.

Top Bottom