re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

ppl pls help me to jailbrake ma ipod touch 2g<2.1.1 soon to be 3.0>
+tell me the benifits

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

ppl pls help me to jailbrake ma ipod touch 2g<2.1.1 soon to be 3.0>
+tell me the benifits

Read through this thread buddy.. specially couple of starting pages.. you get all details.. cheers!

TheLetterD

Will Power

tanx i updated ipod to 3.0 & itunes but now whenever i connect ipod itunes says "applemobilehelper" has to be closed and i tunes hangs...pls help

TheLetterD

Will Power

sorry i meant applemobiledevicehelper and itunes crashes
i have vista sp2 & itunes 8.2

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!

How is iphone 2G (with 3.0 software) at 12k at grey market in delhi?
how do you compare this with new one at 35k..

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

new one will work.... grey...not sure for how long... i personally advice dont spend amt arnd 12k on grey market products... go for nokia, samsung touch then...

@rohan_mhtr: i finally got a wifi conn for my jailbroken itouch... so i can find some downloads via cydia.... is that all or any other specific instructions.... any suggested downloads for it... can i have bluetooth s/w having itouch 1G?

thanx,

Enjoy~!

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!

no dude.. only point was.. whatever body said when it was launched i wanted to buy it. now affter 2 years .. i am still yet buy an iphone so .. i thought why not buy it.. since i dont want to spend 35 grand on a phone per say.. damm stupid indian ceo of apple. gadha paaji.. he is making hardcore geeks to go away.. doesnt he know.. at less prices he can sell more. simple economy of scale. idiot ceo.. who is that guy any way? does anyone know the name of the person handling marketing and other things in india.

but u are right about that too.. i would rather buy a new, if not then i am thinking about Nokia e63 black @ 12.1k or Blackberry 8900 curve @ 22k, just have to decide in week. If i get an option i will ask a friend who can get it at discount.. but only nokia.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

ya prefer nokia only.... or go for iTouch 2G(updated to 3.0) and a normal cam phone...touch now has almost all features of iphone... just take out cam and phone and its touch... n its half priced... no idea abt ceo though apple believe in posing high prices... they have an ego that dont need to slash prices like nokia, sony erricson, samsung etc... their high priced product will still b in demand, they believe n thats working aswell so far...just think iphone was in such good sale despite having nokia 5800 with extra features than iphone and some corrections from it aswell that time...

ps: iphone/iTouch has only good thing is thier touch screen quality...unmatched so far as i know.

Enjoy~!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

is there any drag and drop software for iphone 3.0 OS to transfer the songs and videos like ifunbox but it not support the 3.0 OS

the.kaushik

Google latitude to iphone WOW
*www.google.com/intl/en_us/latitude/intro.html

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

ok i gave up...restored my iTouch back to original firmware (jailed) one.... :)
ofcourse wit 3.0

cudnt figure out proper use of jailbroken one

Enjoy~!

TheLetterD

Will Power

hi ppl having da same prob wid itouch 3.0 os & jailbroken...cydia crashes...i just downloaded it today...im a new user ...isnt there any other way by which i can add the apps i hv on my pc from torrent?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

torrent....???

ur goin 2 face legal charges now....apps from torrent is illegal... u may get urself banned under article xyz... :)

seriously speaking.... cant help u out wit piracy here....against d rules....hope u understand.

Enjoy~!

TheLetterD

Will Power

sorry but only can u tell me if its possible or not cuz i dont have wifi...<nyways if u know its not neccisary to tell me on d forum...i hope u got my idea...; ) >
ny ways tanx

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'

Guys I'm so proud... I replaced my iPhone 2G's battery wid the one I bought it online which is twice as powerful as the original... now its working amazing... thought i bent the plastic case near the dock a little... still as I use the crystal casing which ensures that phone's in intact and don't have to bother even when you drop it off on the floor ....
This is what I exactly followed... they are awesome www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkKQoUlOQg Congratulate me!

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent

@lovelyCliffHanger : can u tell me frm whr n how u bought it...coz i hv iphone whose battry drains out every 5-6hrs of normal use.... basically i carry my iphone,its cable n laptop everywhr...

@dipesh9thgrade : i dunt think so coz u hv 2 use itunes to install downloaded app file n itunes will try to authenticate where it wud fail.... dunno if thrs any other way out.

Enjoy~!

the.kaushik

sorry but only can u tell me if its possible or not cuz i dont have wifi...<nyways if u know its not neccisary to tell me on d forum...i hope u got my idea...; ) >
ny ways tanx

Ya its possible and its through itune.

zboy123

Broken In

Cydia often crahes due to memory leakage but if in your case if it's too often, I would suggest you to jailbreak again (you may also try out a few very good suggestions already made in this thread) cuz cydia is indispensable app to have.

As for adding apps that you downloaded through torrents. Normally, these are DRM stripped pirated apps and there is a way but I would rather not help you cuz it's not fair to developers working their a$$ off and is against forum rules as well. However, if you still want to do the same, google is your friend. Also there is a possibility some idiot put it there just by ssh'ing into his phone and copying .app files so they might not work even if you do everything right.

BTW I updated my iphone to latest OS 3.0.1 (sms patch release) and then jailbroke again . Everything seems to work fine as of now. Battery life is so good ever since 3.0 came and phone seems to be getting charged up quicker than before. If battery is still an issue for you guys, I recommend:
1. Getting onto 3.0 bandwagon.
2. Get rid of backgrounder app as it seriously depleted battery like anything. iPhone is not ready have that app.
3. Do not install active wallpapers.
4. Make it a habit to plug your iphone to you car-charger everytime you get in.

I have never been able to exhaust my phone's batteries and I use it heavily all day (stocks and ipod app). Of course playing NFS depletes battery entirely within an hour or two but I try to avoid that in office ;)

Top Bottom