Official iOS devices thread

SunE

Professional Newbie
Got my ipad today. ;) retina wala...my first Apple device..

Recommend me few free games.

Congrats bhai. Even I got one a few days back. For games try Subway Surfers, Jetpack Joyride, Temple Run 1&2, CSR Racing, Angry Birds Rio, etc. Just go through the Top List section of the Appstore and install what you like from the free section.

Also, google 25pp and Kuaiyong :p

noob

Cyborg Agent
So my final conclusion is that iPad sucks. Having used Android all these years, I wanted to taste iOS. In comparision with Android , iOS needs huge improvement.

amjath

Human Spambot
Any advantage of JB ? I mean, we buy Apple devices so as not to get in to geeky stuff..right ?

JB helps you to get admin access for ur device. But I know just this example. Jail breaking apple TV help you to airplay non apple devices.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Any advantage of JB ? I mean, we buy Apple devices so as not to get in to geeky stuff..right ?

you are a noob to JailBreaking :-D

read here iOS jailbreaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can't even imagine how much eagerly iOS users are waiting for a JB (untethered)

noob

Cyborg Agent
you are a noob to JailBreaking :-D

read here iOS jailbreaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can't even imagine how much eagerly iOS users are waiting for a JB (untethered)

lol..i cant understand this...iOS users want to JB device ASAP and when Android users tell them to root , they think it is not proper solution to given problem..funny. :)

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion. What i wanted to say is, iOS users want their iDevices to be JB to get some features. However, When we ask any user to root his/her Android phone to , people generally do no accept this a solution.

BTW, I have iPad with retina display 16 gb wifi...iPad 4 i guess ...which guide do you guys follow to JB iDevice?
Any idea when iOS 6.x update is getting out ?

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for the confusion. What i wanted to say is, iOS users want their iDevices to be JB to get some features. However, When we ask any user to root his/her Android phone to , people generally do no accept this a solution.

setu4993

Journeyman
So my final conclusion is that iPad sucks. Having used Android all these years, I wanted to taste iOS. In comparision with Android , iOS needs huge improvement.

1. No one asked for your conclusion.

2. Android has been popular for 2 years now (I'm still trying to make sense of your 'all these years' statement), and even during that, the major upgrades that changed the game for Android were ICS and Jelly Bean, both of which are comparatively recent.

3. Just because you can't install a damned app called 'WhatsApp' on your iPad, because the developer has stopped support for the same, you can't say the OS sucks.

4. Unless you explain how you came to the conclusion of how iOS doesn't compare to Android, your post is just baseless and nonsensical.

5. iOS was always a much better, more user-friendly and easier OS to use than Android. And that stays, even today.

Sorry for the confusion. What i wanted to say is, iOS users want their iDevices to be JB to get some features. However, When we ask any user to root his/her Android phone to , people generally do no accept this a solution.

They are not 'features'. They are add-ons. Using iOS without a jailbreak doesn't deny you of anything that the core OS offers in terms of experience or features. With Android, people root because they want to use other versions (and in most cases, higher versions) of Android.

noob

Cyborg Agent
1. No one asked for your conclusion.
Chill dude..this forum is to express out views.

2. Android has been popular for 2 years now (I'm still trying to make sense of your 'all these years' statement), and even during that, the major upgrades that changed the game for Android were ICS and Jelly Bean, both of which are comparatively recent.
I have been using Android since version 2.1.

3. Just because you can't install a damned app called 'WhatsApp' on your iPad, because the developer has stopped support for the same, you can't say the OS sucks.
What makes you think that this is the reason why i said iPad sucks ?

5. iOS was always a much better, more user-friendly and easier OS to use than Android. And that stays, even today.
I dont have any problem if this is your opinion.

4. Unless you explain how you came to the conclusion of how iOS doesn't compare to Android, your post is just baseless and nonsensical.

While configuring iPad, I have to enter my password several times. Why not have a single sign-on like WP or Android ?
Why i have to enter password even while installing free app ?
Why cant i download multiple apps at same time ?
Why UI of apps are not consistent like WP or Android ? e.g Back button in apps are located any different places. for some apps it is on top.. for other apps it is at bottom. etc
why keyboard is always ALL CAPS ? looks like someone in Apple hates small caps :D
Why any web link opens only in safari ?
why i still cant attach multiple images at one go in mail app ?

I can go on but it will start a debate which is waste of time...Apple ain't gonna listen to us :D

The only reason i said iPad sucks is because it fails to provide user friendly experience at basic level of computation. I had to spent 20 min to figure how to transfer mp3 to iPad :) On Android it is deal simple..like using USB.

FYI : I am a MS developer using Android for Phone and iPad as laptop replacement. I constantly find flaws and ***** about it. Don't get me wrong, I do like my iPad but wish that few things were even more better.

I like airplay gaming the most, want try them desperately.

Yeah..I am in love with it. I enjoyed it previously with my SGS. Samsung calls it as 'AllShare'.

setu4993

Journeyman
Chill dude..this forum is to express out views.
You need to explain why you have such views before you misguide someone else.

I have been using Android since version 2.1.
That's great. Kudos to you. And how many devices that you've used (still use) have been upgraded to 4.2?

What makes you think that this is the reason why i said iPad sucks ?
Because that's the only thing you've mentioned in this post as a problem with iPad.

I dont have any problem if this is your opinion.
That's not just my opinion, but the opinion of most people in the world. Users of Android and iOS alike.

While configuring iPad, I have to enter my password several times. Why not have a single sign-on like WP or Android ?
Why i have to enter password even while installing free app ?
Why cant i download multiple apps at same time ?
Why UI of apps are not consistent like WP or Android ? e.g Back button in apps are located any different places. for some apps it is on top.. for other apps it is at bottom. etc
why keyboard is always ALL CAPS ? looks like someone in Apple hates small caps :D
Why any web link opens only in safari ?
why i still cant attach multiple images at one go in mail app ?

I can go on but it will start a debate which is waste of time...Apple ain't gonna listen to us :D

The only reason i said iPad sucks is because it fails to provide user friendly experience at basic level of computation. I had to spent 20 min to figure how to transfer mp3 to iPad :) On Android it is deal simple..like using USB.

FYI : I am a MS developer using Android for Phone and iPad as laptop replacement. I constantly find flaws and ***** about it. Don't get me wrong, I do like my iPad but wish that few things were even more better.

• I configured my iPhone 5 just over a month ago, and I have had 2 enter my password only twice. Once for the AppStore, once for the Game Center. I don't know why you'd face that issue. It's unheard of in my experience of being associated with the iOS ecosystem.
  • Even Google makes me log in a gazillion times for every app of theirs that I download, for iOS. If simplicity is their take, why not make sure I have to login only once?
  • You need an account to install a free app. About password, like I've said before, I haven't heard of it before. (Although you should try signing out of AppStore, GameCenter and iCloud from the Settings and restart your phone and sign in again. That should solve it.)
  • The UI of the apps are more consistent (even 3rd party apps) in iOS than any other OS. Even the icons in Android of every app are of different dimensions! What are you talking about?!
  • I don't know any app which has a back bottom towards the bottom. Although, as you've brought up the back button topic, let me direct you to this link: Stock Android Isn't Perfect: These Are The Things I Can't Stand About Jelly Bean. Turns out, the 'Back' button (among other things) is just more screwed up in Android.
  • I've never had an all caps keyboard. HOW did you do it??? Because AFAIK, it's not possible to have an all caps keyboard in iOS.
  • Apple has a browser, they promote it. They don't let the APIs of apps get into deciding what default app you should have. And as a developer, I'm sure you'll agree it's a pro and a con both. When you browse through your Windows setup, don't you get pissed when a new app you've installed, associates itself with every format that it supports, spoiling your choices? If Apple makes you use an app (an extremely good browser, which you'll agree) what's wrong in that?!
  • I haven't sent many attachments from the Mail app, and so I can't comment about that. I'd suggest you to try Sparrow and the upcoming Mailbox apps for the same. May be even Altomail.
  • Rather, Apple has the simplest possible method to copy media to your device, syncing it. It's only in countries like ours, where piracy is so rampant, that we want to 'copy' MP3 files instead of purchasing and downloading it. iTunes provides a perfect interface for the buy and download, or download already bought stuff. It really just works.
  • With an iPad, you never have to wonder where to go or what to do. I've faced this problem more often than not with Android. An iOS device is good to go out of the box. An Android device is not. And the simplicity of the UI UX combo of iOS is just easier to deal with and use.
  • Also, if you've used any Android tablet, you would know that the state of apps and the OS itself, for Android, is much worse.

I agree that iOS is not the most advanced OS in the world and JellyBean is (I stand by the fact that it has some major flaws). But, that doesn't mean the device or the OS sucks. They are simply amazing and work the way you expect them to and no less.

Congratulations over your purchase, by the way :).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@noob One thing I have to disagree with you is about the login thing. Its better to make us enter our credentials before we accidently buy a app or give phone to other(relatives etc who may try to gift themselves apps)

Also, I‘m using Android 4.2.1 and the last time I checked it too didn‘t download multiple appa(only queues them if I‘m not wrong)

I think you can attach multiple files to email using native apps of the email provider.

Also even the first time when I used an iPod(5 years back) it didn‘t take me 30 secs to know one has to use iTunes(although simple drag and drop should have been there too) because I did something smart
I read the manual

setu4993

Journeyman
@noob One thing I have to disagree with you is about the login thing. Its better to make us enter our credentials before we accidently buy a app or give phone to other(relatives etc who may try to gift themselves apps)

Also, I‘m using Android 4.2.1 and the last time I checked it too didn‘t download multiple appa(only queues them if I‘m not wrong)

I think you can attach multiple files to email using native apps of the email provider.

Also even the first time when I used an iPod(5 years back) it didn‘t take me 30 secs to know one has to use iTunes(although simple drag and drop should have been there too) because I did something smart
I read the manual

With iTunes 11, you can drag-and-drop apps onto devices from the Library. Though, with songs, syncing playlists seems to be the easiest way.

Top Bottom