Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 thread !

Which Team do you think will win the world cup ?

• India

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
How can a "Gambhir Gambhir" or "Sehwag Sehwag" chant or "Vande Mataram" be received by Lankans and demoralising for Sachin? :confused:

T

The Conqueror

^U cheer when sachin gets out, that translates into supporting Sri Lanka...

Nah. I meant after sachin got out and say after a ball or two they should start cheering for the next batsman instead of demoralizing the whole team.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Aamir pledges his support to Hazare's campaign - The Times of India

It is truly said by a super star who himself was showcased in the WC Final 2011

What is sachin doin....he shud participate in anna hazare compaign...shame that he being such big star mum on this issue... :x

and ppl say he deserves bharat ratna...comon sachin pls support

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Liverpool_fan said:
How can a "Gambhir Gambhir" or
"Sehwag Sehwag" chant be demoralising
Yeah that kind of chant would be great. But people in very less instances make chants directed to a particular player.

A India-India chant would be great though when crysis in a cricket match goes on.

Krow

Crowman
What is sachin doin....he shud participate in anna hazare compaign...shame that he being such big star mum on this issue... :x

and ppl say he deserves bharat ratna...comon sachin pls support

He is probably in the nets, practicing for IPL. The game is most important to him. He is a batsman, he should concentrate on his batting. If he gets the Bharat Ratna, it will be based on his performances on the pitch, not outside.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
He is probably in the nets, practicing for IPL. The game is most important to him. He is a batsman, he should concentrate on his batting. If he gets the Bharat Ratna, it will be based on his performances on the pitch, not outside.

That doesn't mean that he will not involve in any good activities or support them. This shows that how money minded they are.

Baker

Albicelestes
^^ come on give him some rest.... ofcourse every one is money minded people me,you... and being a great player doesnt means he should be involved in all these activites... and he can be money minded too....

but there are other ways to shows the national intrest...
he is one of the honest tax payers as per the income tax list... i belive this is not a small thing

Krow

Crowman
That doesn't mean that he will not involve in any good activities or support them. This shows that how money minded they are.

We all are money minded IMHO. If Sachin doesn't bat well, no one will care two hoots about him. Right now, he is involved with Mumbai Indians, so that may be his first priority. I think he should concentrate on his cricket. Anna Hazare has the support of a large number of people in India. That matters more than celebrity support. I want people to bring in a change in the Lokpal bill, not celebrity-backing.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
as we are talking about Sachin, I have written a small article:
Bharat Ratna for Sachin Tendulkar. Righteous or Not? | Smile Ok Please

I am not too sure (being fan of Sachin) but I think Bharat Ratna is totally different thing.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
To all those clamouring Sachin to go march in for Hazare - Example is better than advice. And no just random retweets and posting in Facebook is not a real example.

as we are talking about Sachin, I have written a small article:
Bharat Ratna for Sachin Tendulkar. Righteous or Not? | Smile Ok Please

I am not too sure (being fan of Sachin) but I think Bharat Ratna is totally different thing.

Didn't Lata Mangeshwar get Bharat Ratna as well?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Music is an art my friend. Bharat Ratna is awarded to artists too :)
That's what my point is. It is not for sports and sport is not art.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
For me Sports > Music. It's a bigger art, well IMO. Also it gives more pride to the nation. And thus Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna more than Lata Mangeshkar, IMO at least.

rajeevk

Journeyman
Sachin Tendulkar really deserves Bharat Ratna. 22 years of service to the nation. 6 World Cup's he played it. Holds most of records in cricket.

Instead of giving 22 years of his life to cricket and taking India to the top some persons are asking for Bharat Ratna for Dhoni. This is something which can come in the mind of politicians who target vote bank only. Sachin is the first and last choice for Bharat Ratna today. After Sachin give it to Dhoni no body will mind.

T

The Conqueror

About other cricket players - its ok but if you are talking about Sachin, then
I completely disagree. Sachin Tendulkar has donated millions to charity (if you follow him on twitter).

Music is an art my friend. Bharat Ratna is awarded to artists too :)

Life is an Art!

Top Bottom