Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 thread !

Which Team do you think will win the world cup ?

• India

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ok, now I understand. You are pissed at Indian government because you don't have unlimited internet bandwidths.

Well I sympathize with you but its not governance issue. Its the private ISP's who are putting these caps, for taking out juices from Indian public.

If you compare BSNL and private ISP, BSNL rocks in terms of bandwidth and cost-advantage. Now private firms don't want to invest their own money in improving their own networks but they want Government to "donate" them public infrastructure of BSNL in "free".

I won't blame GoI on that point. Airtel/TATA are simply greedy and don't know how to build and grow a market by improving broadband penetration through cheaper plans.

Instead of facilitating and encouraging usage, private firms are dampening the usage of bandwidth in India. They are forcing people to use less internet. This strategy is negative and they need think out of box, if they want to grow marketbase.
For your kind information, it was Airtel/Tata which started this and BSNL followed them. The government followed them. Instead of giving us pure unlimited plans, BSNL also introduced caps on UL plans.

The only decent provider out there is MTNL (again govt.) which gives me 1mbps unlimited without any FUP.

With BSNL, I was with Home 1000 plan - 2mbps with 5GB day limit and Night Unlimited. BSNL discontinued it and shifted me to Home 1350 UL. 4mbps till 8GB and 256kbps after that. You sir, are misinformed.

ye HD nahi hai. :lol:

Aap aisi bhasha ka prayog nahi kijiye yahan pe. Warna moderators aakar aapki bajaa dengey. :mrgreen:

@ico, MTNL? you are living in metro then.

Here I have EVDO connection(a USB condom-box sized modem). It gives me 2mbps and there is no costs above 10 GB or so. Its fixed Rs. 800(with taxes+ Rs. 200 rental)

Last edited by a moderator:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
*i.imgur.com/4buss.jpg

*i.imgur.com/i5EuG.jpg

Both get pixelated. Click on the Yellow Bar above the pics. :) My monitor is 1080p Full HD btw. :)

and Joker control your language.

Here I have EVDO connection(a USB condom-box sized modem). It gives me 2mbps and there is no costs above 10 GB or so. Its fixed Rs. 800(with taxes+ Rs. 200 rental)
EVDO is cheap. But speed depends upon how near you are to the tower. And it isn't meant for online gaming too because of high latency/ping. The IP address is shared between all users connected to a particular tower. Opening ports is difficult as you are behind a NAT.

And I also know that you are using EVDO currently. :)

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This is 1080p Full HD from YouTube. YouTube - Big Buck Bunny animation (1080p HD)

*i.imgur.com/gCiF8.jpg

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Apologies, I used JPEG in the Big Buck Bunny screenshot. I should have used PNG to conserve IQ.

@ico, video with lady still looks far better than one with bowler. See the harbhajan's shirt and then see the lady's background. see difference?

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@3.1
Duration : 1h 36mn
Bit rate : 286 Kbps
Width : 400 pixels
Height : 300 pixels

And, you are right, that's not HD. But its far more clear in full screen and don't explode while running. in bowler video, the moment camera moves/runs with fielder, every thing explodes. #%$%#$%

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Honestly, both have pretty much the same quality. Have a look at the Indian flag in that pic then.

@ico, ok look at it this way. The lady is not moving and still they used same quality as used by utube for cricket videos. So we both agree now that utube should have managed to atleast keep that in mind and use an inch higher of quality for cricket videos. Its not like they lack experience. Their IPL videos were equally horrible. And, now this is WORLD CUP for God;s sake! Whole world is watching it, there are matches with australia, england in it and I am sure their audience do have better internet. so, why not? Gurr!

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@ico, ok look at it this way. The lady is not moving and still they used same quality as used by utube for cricket videos. So we both agree now that utube should have managed to atleast keep that in mind and use an inch higher of quality for cricket videos. Its not like they lack experience. Their IPL videos were equally horrible. And, now this is WORLD CUP for God;s sake! Whole world is watching it, there are matches with australia, england in it and I am sure their audience do have better internet. so, why not? Gurr!
well, for your kind information, the only reason I was happy with the coverage is because they had a decent 'official' Internet stream and 'official' YouTube highlights. Perhaps, for the first time for a Sporting event. In other global sports like Football and Tennis, this doesn't happen. Associations claim copyright and force YouTube to take down content if someone uploads.

Lastly, we wouldn't even have been arguing on this had BCCI/ICC/ESPNSyat/whatever/Pappu hadn't even bothered about Internet coverage and stuck only with Television. Jaisa World Cup 2007 tha coverage k maamle mein, waisa hi rehne dete. Sirf TV par.

I watch all Football matches on Internet and compared to the quality of live streams of other sports when available, what ESPNStar offered on their website was much much better and completely smooth. I'm talking with experience.

Lastly, you are talking about online seminars in which you have taken part. May I know how many people were watching it at once? Hardly 50-60. Whereas ESPNStar's online stream was being watched by lakhs of people at one time and still it ran butterly smooth. You have to strike the right balance between quality and performance (visual and bitrate).

And it would have been fine if ESPNStar had uploaded HD highlights on YouTube just for the sake of you. 80% of India is still with 256/512kbps connection.

^^ take my advice, shift to cricket. football me kya rakha hai. pairo se ball pe marte hai, yahan balla to hai, football is all manual labour. I never found it interesting, no idea why football is so interesting to people. they should ban this silly game. then atleast we will have bigger cricket fanbase, heck then there will be good excuse to focus on cricket only and provide better quality coverage over internet. also utube can focus resources on 1 game better. :mrgreen:

^^ take my advice, shift to cricket. football me kya rakha hai. pairo se ball pe marte hai, yahan balla to hai, football is all manual labour. I never found it interesting, no idea why football is so interesting to people. they should ban this silly game. then atleast we will have bigger cricket fanbase, heck then there will be good excuse to focus on cricket only and provide better quality coverage over internet. also utube can focus resources on 1 game better. :mrgreen:

ban this silly game??

this is highly disturbing. :???:
please abstain from saying these kinds of stuff.
football is a great sport. the most-watched sport in the world is football not cricket.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ground mein jaayo. Ek football lo. Char joote nikaalo, do goal banayo aur khelna chalu ho jaayo.

Football poori duniya mein chalta hai. Aalsi banke khade rehke nahi maarna hota. 90 minute tak bhaago, ek chook huyi toh goal khaayo. Goal hone mein lagta hai ek second, magar sangharsh mein kabhi lag jaate hai poore 90 minute.

Hockey > Cricket. Hockey is a proper team sport. So, is Football. Cricket is a colonial sport and will remain a colonial sport.

Football is a passion all over the globe. Cricket is played no where except the sub-continent.

Now as Sachin has won the world cup, I don't really care about India and Cricket. I want Hockey to be rejuvenated. Proper team and physical sport unlike Cricket. Hockey - our national sport.

Again, what India needs is a sporting culture and be proficient in every sport of the world. Sadly, Cricket and the government's incompetence won't let us be.

Ground mein jaayo. Ek football lo. Char joote nikaalo, do goal banayo aur khelna chalu ho jaayo.

Football poori duniya mein chalta hai. Aalsi banke khade rehke nahi maarna hota. 90 minute tak bhaago, ek chook huyi toh goal khaayo. Goal hone mein lagta hai ek second, magar sangharsh mein kabhi lag jaate hai poore 90 minute.

Hockey > Cricket. Hockey is a proper team sport. So, is Football. Cricket is a colonial sport and will remain a colonial sport.

Football is a passion all over the globe. Cricket is played no where except the sub-continent.

Now as Sachin has won the world cup, I don't really care about India and Cricket. I want Hockey to be rejuvenated. Proper team and physical sport unlike Cricket. Hockey - our national sport.

Again, what India needs is a sporting culture and be proficient in every sport of the world. Sadly, Cricket and the government's incompetence won't let us be.

football is a great sport. the most-watched sport in the world is football not cricket.

+1 to both of us. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Sob khelar sera bengali'r tumi football (For bengali's football is king of all sports) as well for India.Football is better than cricket. :D

Top Bottom