Official ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 thread !

Which Team do you think will win the world cup ?

• India

Votes: 46 69.7%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ESPN & Star sucks bigtime. Poor quality uploads of events and Google sucks even more to block videos so people can't see videos from their own country. Thomas said world is flat? Its the other way - we live in a managed social apartheid. fu*k google!

many desis around the world are unable to see videos on google. they are blocked. what google is scared of?

And the problem of quality of videos on google was same during last IPL season. ALL of IPL videos on Google were in bad shape and quality during last season. Lalit modi had given all internet video publishing rights for IPL to Google(utube) and they screwed it bigtime. I doubt they will do this to some american events.

What is wrong with this google? Its run by some korean if I am not wrong?

Well superb pics, thanks guys.

Also, it must be noted that Indian news channels media has BOYCOTTED the Worldcup final match. ICC denied two news channels permission to enter the venue because of some their own allegations that these channels flouted their rules(which don't apply under American territory but work nicely on weak countries). So, all decided not to enter venue to cover from inside stadium.

Attitude of goras will never change. IPL was need of time.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
ESPN & Star sucks bigtime. Poor quality uploads of events and Google sucks even more to block videos so people can't see videos from their own country. Thomas said world is flat? Its the other way - we live in a managed social apartheid. fu*k google!

many desis around the world are unable to see videos on google. they are blocked. what google is scared of?

And the problem of quality of videos on google was same during last IPL season. ALL of IPL videos on Google were in bad shape and quality during last season. Lalit modi had given all internet video publishing rights for IPL to Google(utube) and they screwed it bigtime. I doubt they will do this to some american events.

What is wrong with this google? Its run by some korean if I am not wrong?

Well superb pics, thanks guys.

Also, it must be noted that Indian news channels media has BOYCOTTED the Worldcup final match. ICC denied two news channels permission to enter the venue because of some their own allegations that these channels flouted their rules(which don't apply under American territory but work nicely on weak countries). So, all decided not to enter venue to cover from inside stadium.

Attitude of goras will never change. IPL was need of time.
Quite funnily - many desis around the world are not able to see the videos on YouTube because BCCI has made it for Indians only. They want it to be available only for people living in India.

Nothing related to the attitude of Goras.

And be happy that you were getting an 'official' online stream to watch Cricket for IPL (last) year and World Cup. That doesn't happen in football.

And ICC did the right thing by not letting those stupid News Channels enter the venue. I'm sure one of them was India TV who were sprouting shite about how matches have been fixed. Bunch of morons.

GoI should order an inquiry into examination and review of ICC's conduct and rules during WC'2011 event in India. Atleast the media coverage and photography regulations part of it.

There are reports that ICC blocked Indian freelance photographers from covering the final match and kept them out of it.

Its not the BCCI who control rights over WC videos. It's the ICC who makes decisions. Your source is wrong.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
There are reports that ICC blocked Indian freelance photographers from covering the final match and kept them out of it.
If this is true, then it is disgraceful.

Its not the BCCI who control rights over WC videos. It's the ICC who makes decisions. Your source is wrong.
My source is not wrong. BCCI got into a deal with ESPNStar for providing an online stream and YouTube updates for Indian people. :) And the match stream was butterly smooth.

Nothing related to the attitude of Goras.

And be happy that you were getting an 'official' online stream to watch Cricket for IPL (last) year and World Cup. That doesn't happen in football.

And ICC did the right thing by not letting those retarded News Channels enter the venue. I'm sure one of them was India TV who were sprouting shite about how matches have been fixed. Bunch of morons.

Wrong.

Racism in ICC is well known to Indians and officials in BCCI and things are not much different today. Thanks to I&B ministry's intervention that we got atleast some coverage of Indo-pak and final matches on news channels.

Quite interestingly, such channels(India TV) are present even in West. Such kinds are present in every country. That doesn't justify media blockade of an international event. It only shows how desperate ICC is to disown and show down the magnitude of event knowing very well that Cricket is most popular amongs south asians.

If there is nothing wrong with gora attitude, then let there be inquiry. why fear?

Secondly, what do you mean by "be happy that you were getting an 'official' online stream to watch Cricket for IPL (last) year and World Cup"?

We are not discussing my Cricket Vs. your victim baby Football here. Issue I raised is genuine so let's not make it personal here.

My source is not wrong. BCCI got into a deal with ESPNStar for providing an online stream and YouTube updates for Indian people. :) And the match stream was butterly smooth.

My dear friend, racism is not new thing.

What works for NRI's when they accept nationality in those countries, doesn't work in south asia. Politics is a bi*tch.

Talking about your source, BCCI's role in deal was only financial aspect of it. They discussed % of royalties, that's all. Rights and coverage are controlled by ICC who runs the World cup show. BCCI is merely a hosting member for WC. They don't control nuances of rights contracts.

And, how will you justify poor quality of Google videos for IPL as well as WC now? I just checked ESPN channel on utube. Its pathetic quality. If its some western event belonging to Google's country, they won't be so careless to pass around with such mess.

The bottomline is, we in India are not "easy" like desis in other countries. Google or ESPN are not doing a favour by covering WC or putting IPL videos on internet. They are paid for it from Indian money. So, cut this crappy notion as if they are doing us a favour.

If you can't cover and maintain quality during events in India, better pass the contract to some1 else. We want best. Period.

And lastly, if you want examples of Gora's duplicity, look at Indian hockey.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Poor coverage of Cricket in Americas and many European countries is down to it not being a global sport.

Quite funnily, the president of ICC is Sharad Pawar - not a gora.

They discussed % of royalties, that's all.
And online coverage exclusive for people living in India.

Honestly, you are creating much ado about nothing.

Lastly, I'm neither a fan of Cricket nor of ICC/BCCI - but as far as my experience of this World Cup is concerned. It was top notch.

Living in India, I could the matches smoothly on my computer. I could also watch the highlights on ESPNStar's YouTube channel at any time I wanted. I don't need anything else. :)

Poor coverage of Cricket in Americas and many European countries is down to it not being a global sport.

Quite funnily, the president of ICC is Sharad Pawar - not a gora.

And online coverage exclusive for people living in India.

Honestly, you are creating much ado about nothing.

Lastly, I'm neither a fan of Cricket nor of ICC/BCCI - but as far as my experience of this World Cup is concerned. It was top notch.

Living in India, I could the matches smoothly on my computer. I could also watch the highlights on ESPNStar's YouTube channel at any time I wanted. I don't need anything else. :)

Pawar is president, not an "operational executive". Both are different in ICC. People who made WC media contracts sit in London, and they don't ask BCCI how to do their job.

Secondly, you might be able to see poor quality videos on utube, but I prefer better quality. If some Indian channel or IT company can provide that, give it to them! But I want the best.

Also, if Indians can't ask for this much(as you say "I am ok" with usual careless,"take it easy" attitude), then there is no point in giving $15 million tax-breaks to ICC. Its gone waste.

Now, if you are so bent upon in blaming BCCI and Indians then carry on, because I am done here. There is no point hitting my head on wall. Because you have made up your mind that you are ok with pathetic video quality. I am not.

In the end, I will say you got no clue how things work but have popped up your head just to take potshots at BCCI and Indians.

@tovishal2001 This ain't fight club. There's a separate section for that.

Either contribute to debate or sit quiet. Throwing mango from outside fence doesn't make you look mature buddy.

Now, if you are so bent upon in blaming BCCI and Indians then carry on, because I am done here. There is no point hitting my head on wall. Because you have made up your mind that you are ok with pathetic video quality. I am not.

Whoever is asking you to stay and f**k up people's heads. If you're done here, then get out.

Either contribute to debate or sit quiet. Throwing mango from outside fence doesn't make you look mature buddy.

As if you look so mature by debating on something only you have a problem with. If you want good quality cricket video, watch it on TV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ico This is getting out of hand.

@Gaurav, lets keep the debate on topic. If you don't like the issue I raised, then state your view of it. But there is no reason to make personal attacks here.

Thanks.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Because you have made up your mind that you are ok with pathetic video quality. I am not.
The quality is fine:

[youtube]rFyW948ZaNo[/youtube]

yup, it is 360p not 720p. But 360p runs smoothly on most connections.
In the end, I will say you got no clue how things work but have popped up your head just to take potshots at BCCI and Indians.

Time to shut up for a while mate. Where have I taken any potshot on BCCI or on Indians?

All I have said is, living in India, I was satisfied with the coverage.

And have you ever watched a football/tennis stream over the Internet? Have you ever ****ing watched? Go here: MyP2P.eu :: Free Live Sports on your PC, Live Football, MLB, NBA, NHL and more... Choose a match and try watching the stream.

Compared to these, ESPNStar's stream was excellent.

And if you really want a high quality stream, better go and shout at the Indian govt. asking them to give us faster Internet connections.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
As if you look so mature by debating on something only you have a problem with. If you want good quality cricket video, watch it on TV.
Exactly. I watch all football matches on Internet through Internet streams as I don't have a TV. I know how much I have to search for a working stream. Most stutter after every second, most have sh!t quality, some have some weird language commentary. The good ones have very high bitrate and they'd not even run properly on 1mbps connections. Hardly anyone has a 512kbps connection in India.

Compared to those, what ESPNStar provided to us on Internet was a blissful experience.

Also, English Football Association takes down Premier League highlights from YouTube (copyright claim). And we had an official YouTube channel giving Cricket highlights to us.

Click the "full screen" pop out there, the video starts to explode into pixels. This is quality?! Heck, I just remember I saw NIC's coverage of Indian Aerospace show at Bangaluru. They have put 10 times better quality high resoulation videos of all seminars(Anand mahindra, scientists from ADA etc.) and that runs damn smooth!

Secondly, its not about bandwidth. Even if you have T-Line mbps connection at your home, if the encoding quality at source(utube) is bad, your bandwidth won't help.

Problem with above video is not bandwidth. Its the poor source(ESPN/utube).

Fine, you are happy with what you get. I am not happy with the quality. I rest my case. The quality of WC and IPL videos on Utube is pathetic and I believe we deserve better. Sorry if anything was offending, that's just my way of putting it straight.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Secondly, what do you mean by "be happy that you were getting an 'official' online stream to watch Cricket for IPL (last) year and World Cup"?
You don't find internet coverage for other sports - heck for Football and Tennis too. But we had for Cricket.

And, how will you justify poor quality of Google videos for IPL as well as WC now? I just checked ESPN channel on utube. Its pathetic quality. If its some western event belonging to Google's country, they won't be so careless to pass around with such mess.
How fast is your Internet?? Most of India is still using 256kbps. That was the maximum which they could get. Better shout on TRAI/DoT and ask them to give us faster Internet.

And lastly, if you want examples of Gora's duplicity, look at Indian hockey.
I'm a Hockey player myself. Turf (Goras) and Indian infrastructual incompetence are both equally responsible.

Okay. Now that this is over, where were we???
Ah, yes. Dhoni shaved his head the day after the victory to 'lighten the load'. :mrgreen:

Of that was posted earlier. Now here's more...

*www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/131000/131073.jpg

Top Bottom