Official Digit CTC IV discussion thread - Last leg starts 6th Oct 2012

Should we delay the final leg by two weeks?

• No I can't wait that long...

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Yes, because I have exams

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Yes, because I want the last leg to be really long and hard

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Yes, only if you give 2 more checkpoints in between

Votes: 18 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sygeek

Technomancer
How many got past the qr and all and reached chkpt3 the right way?
Hi Raabo.

This might be a little uncalled for but I just wanted to mention a few reasons why I think digit goofed up a bit with this CTC:

1. Why wasn't this contest started during the summer when most of the people were free? At this point of time, many people here have their tests/exams. Most of the digit readers are students, you should have kept that in mind. I myself may not be able to join in from the next checkpoint because of this.

2. You made it too dependent on stuff not everyone is likely to have. Optical drive is going extinct, digit as a technology magazine should be aware of that. A minority no longer owns it. I myself was using my uncle's macbook air so it was a huge PITA to go further with the clues. Add to that the software in one of the clues was windows only, great! You're forgetting the minority here.

3. You should have included the clue pages from the magazine online (in some way which was not direct), this contest being hosted online. Same goes for the dvd. It was a bit hypocritical after seeing the magazine's topic. This one wasn't much of an issue though, since this trend was followed with the previous CTCs and it was obvious.

And I was excited of getting a chance to win a console :(.

/rant

N'droid

Broken In
Hi Raabo.

This might be a little uncalled for but I just wanted to mention a few reasons why I think digit goofed up a bit with this CTC:

1. Why wasn't this contest started during the summer when most of the people were free? At this point of time, many people here have their tests/exams. Most of the digit readers are students, you should have kept that in mind. I myself may not be able to join in from the next checkpoint because of this.

2. You made it too dependent on stuff not everyone is likely to have. Optical drive is going extinct, digit as a technology magazine should be aware of that. A minority no longer owns it. I myself was using my uncle's macbook air so it was a huge PITA to go further with the clues. Add to that the software in one of the clues was windows only, great! You're forgetting the minority here.

3. You should have included the clue pages from the magazine online (in some way which was not direct), this contest being hosted online. Same goes for the dvd. It was a bit hypocritical after seeing the magazine's topic. This one wasn't much of an issue though, since this trend was followed with the previous CTCs and it was obvious.

And I was excited of getting a chance to win a console :(.

/rant
You are absolutely right sygeek.

hari1

In the zone
Finally reached the qr code after random trying.:-D But I am not sure if I missed any clue in between. Does the qr code come after this-- And that is the __ n*****... in *o** and some ***es ?
I am following the hard way:) .

Last edited:

aaruni

The Linux Guy
no. atleast I don't remember coming across that clue..

anybody... need help.. what did they change in the bg. I have figured out the difference, but I am unable to name it..

@ all: the anagram has 3 words... not 1

Yash Pande

Broken In
I reached it on friday... but I used the brute force method....

I have almost reached it using the slower method...

about 6 url's after the FOSS one...

aaruni

The Linux Guy
ok, I think I have solved everything till this point, but I have not touched two clue in the mag. who uses muling and how many passwords. can someone point me to the clue just before this?

Yash Pande

Broken In
It will get you to QR, but I am stuck there. Got the anagram, but not sure which one to use....

I hit a loop on that one.... but I'm not sure... I did it the other way, still hit QR code

brainfella

Broken In
Didnt get time yesterday to work on the questions. Anyone give a clue to the FOSS one. Is it the name of the game or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom