Official Android discussion thread

amitjha

Broken In
hey guys could you please suggest an android phone under 20k..
Also has anybody here got any reviews of Spice Mi300 which they are selling for 10k right now and looks good on spec sheets except for its build quality...
Thanks in advance to all those who reply..

jain_pranav

Broken In
If any1 interested in buying my 6 month used with bill & warranty samsung galaxy spica i5700,pm me..
Its in mint condition without even a single scratch & has all the accessories & box.

kbhaskar

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy 3, 2 days back..

Should I put a scratch guard for this phone?

or Can I use it without any scratch guard ?

Thanks in advance!!

Bhaskar

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@kbhaskar: I have the same phone. Its a fingerprint magnet. Please use a good quality scratch guard.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Hi to all
i recently bought HTC legend..
so i proudly join the discussions.

can the digit teams develop android app for digit forums.

raboooooooooooooooooo can hear..?!!

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
bsnlnet is the correct APN for BSNL 3G services. Did you try testing the 3G signal at places where you are sure about the 3G signal? Is the same SIM able to connect to 3G services if inside another 3G phone such as Nokia or better an iPhone?

Just try to isolate the problem to approach one vendor. Prima facie it does look like a phone's radio problem.

Edit: While you are checking phone and SIM separately. Try doing this; delete all other APNs; create a fresh APN profile with bsnlnet as the only apn. Exit & select this APN. Restart the phone. Let us know if this works.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I have checked it with a nokia 3G phone, it showed 3G logo but no signal, I have already deleted all APN's and set only bsnlnet, still no luck. When I set the phone to "wcdma only" it does show CellOne in the network list (which means 3G is detected by the Phone) bit the sim doesnt register at all! ..

My first trouble shooting should be to get 3G signal working on the device, once that is done I can go ahead with internet configuration.

I had called up BSNL again, but they are still saying that my SIM card has active 3G connection :|.

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
^^ I have checked it with a nokia 3G phone, it showed 3G logo but no signal, I have already deleted all APN's and set only bsnlnet, still no luck. When I set the phone to "wcdma only" it does show CellOne in the network list (which means 3G is detected by the Phone) bit the sim doesnt register at all! ..

My first trouble shooting should be to get 3G signal working on the device, once that is done I can go ahead with internet configuration.

I had called up BSNL again, but they are still saying that my SIM card has active 3G connection :|.

I experience same problem with my samsung galaxy s.It shows in the network lists but donot connect.I have active 3g connection.Do it work on any other mobiile?? I haven't checked it yet.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Check if your plan has been migrated to 3G General. If yes then tell the CC that 3G Plan migration is done but Network Migration is not done, speak to a senior executive. Jr Exec's aren't aware of this problem.

blacklight

Journeyman
just a general query on Google maps, is anybody here using MapDroyd ? wanted to know how good it is . and how relevant it is for India

askyashu

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys i wanted to ask do you guys know wen is the HTC Wildfire getting the Froyo update as i m planning to buy this phone real soon...
Thnxx... :D

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Cachemate is a good application to delete cache and increase internal memory. It gave me 9MB of free memory.Its available in the Andriod market but phone needs to be rooted to use it.

However if you want to do things that hard way; cache can also be cleared from a recovery ROM. Just thought to share. :)

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
guys pls suggest me few music apps... which has got equalizer settings with it ... i have installed PowerAmp on my LG OP1 but its only a trial pack for 15 days ... is there any other which has got similar features ??

Top Bottom