NZXT gaurdian 921RB or Lexa S or something else.

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys actually i wanted to buy source 210 but as it was not available i am thinking of buying any one of the above mentioned case.please tell me which one to buy.i wanted to go for lexa but i am worried about its door if gets detached or if it gets loose as i have to openit every time to power on the pc . if any one is having these case please tell me how cable management is in this case.if anyhting better than these two at 4k is also welcomed.
thanking you.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
At 4K? I can't think of anything else.

At 5K? You have the mighty Corsair 400R. :p Check out on Flipkart.

Mr. Officer

Rookie
@ Sukesh, I thought theitdepot is a company of some repute...I almost purchased Corsair 400R from them as it was costing 100/- rs. less then buying from Flipkart, thank God ! common sense prevailed and I placed my order of Corsair 400R from Flipkart @ 5040/- on 21 Feb

Just had an email from them confirming my shipment is on its way !!

As for your case I suggest 921RB but if you can just up your budget a bit, then get Corsair 400R from theitdepot @ 4380/- plus shipping to your place 300/- approx [only if you admire the modest looks of the case, that is]

Last edited:
OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
k thanks ico and Mr. officer.now zeroing on 400r.called itdepot they told they will get it in stock within one day.NZXT case +shipment will come to 4.5k and corsair + shipping also comes to 4.5k.so price remains same.tomorrow will confirm the order.btw any known issues with 400r?

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
k thanks ico and Mr. officer.now zeroing on 400r.called itdepot they told they will get it in stock within one day.NZXT case +shipment will come to 4.5k and corsair + shipping also comes to 4.5k.so price remains same.tomorrow will confirm the order.btw any known issues with 400r?

Socceror done a review on 500R may be you should check that. It is the big brother of 400R. The review will help you for known issues.

Mr. Officer

Rookie
^^perhaps the firewire could have been replaced with USB 2.0 or eSATA ports...is something I remember from the back of my mind [from reviews I read on net]

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No.

Stick with Corsair 400R.

Indian CM 690s have rusting issues on the mesh.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
may be it is asia-pecific model.which is also separately mentioned in CM website.so then i should coonfirm my order for 400R?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
may be it is asia-pecific model.which is also separately mentioned in CM website.so then i should coonfirm my order for 400R?
yes. Confirm Corsair 400R.

NZXT Tempest Evo is also a good choice if you prefer "looks" and want dust filter for the PSU. But this isn't a big deal. Corsair 400R has pretty huge space for the backplate - that's why I am recommending 400R to you. I'm using CM 212 Evo and Tempest Evo and while installing 212 Evo, I didn't take my motherboard out. Because I didn't take my motherboard out, I had a bit of problem in tightening the backplate from behind with two nuts on the left.

400R has much bigger space, you won't face this problem if you don't like to take the motherboard out for cooler installation.

I thought pictures will be good to illustrate what I am saying. :p

*i.imgur.com/VcK1i.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Uaagv.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Noa6K.jpg

Corsair 400R - see the space for backplate [from TechPowerUp's review]

*i.imgur.com/knwMm.jpg

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
thank you very much for the help ico.helped me a lot to come out of the dilemma.will confirm 400r tomorrow.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ sorry sukesh. intruding.

how is HAFX comparing to NZXT PHANTOM?
HAF X is obviously better. Both are full-towers.

But you see, HAF X is priced at 12K. NZXT Phantom, although a bit too plasticky is a full-tower at mere 7.5K. Bang for the buck.

Top Bottom