NVIDIA's working on a new GTX 560 Ti w/ 448 CUDA Cores

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
NVIDIA's working on a new GTX 560 Ti w/ 448 CUDA Cores

NVIDIA's working on a new GTX 560 Ti w/ 448 CUDA Cores :: TweakTown Mobile

AcceleratorX

Youngling
GF110 based 560 Ti with 352 cores already exists in OEM version. They will probably just enable extra cores while keeping the same clocks as the OEM version which will be significantly lower than the current 560 Ti.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
The main compeition is 6950.... What nvidia do when 7xxx series will come and give serious compition to Nvidia...

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^i too dont see a reason for this launch when already November is just here. a month or two more and we will have 7 series.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good news is that TSMC has started mass production of 28nm wafers. So we can still get a paper launch of HD7000 in December. May be the mid-range parts first, just like HD6000.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
*www.fudzilla.com/graphics/item/24980-zotac-gtx-560-ti-448-poses-for-the-camera

*www.fudzilla.com/images/stories/2011/November/Zotac560ti448.jpg

RahulB

Journeyman
A new 5 series graphic card with AMD 7 Series around the corner, that's pointless...

CUDA is a joke for consumers... nVidia does make a lot of noise about CUDA but how many people are learning CUDA....

On Consumer level there is no application that takes advantage of CUDA ( or Stream as a matter of fact ), all we have are couple of Video encoders which incidentally are lame, bad on quality... nothing compared to x264 ( CPU solution )...

Hope the situation improves..., still CUDA is here to stay, on professional level CUDA is used a lot...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Its a gaming card and buyers won't buy it for CUDA. This one is limited edition and is meant to clear stock of bad gf110 chips. Nvidia is fully aware of 7 series and will launch kepler in 1st quarter 2012 as a counterattack.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think CUDA is just limited to some Video encoders. Currently software like Adobe Photoshop, Premier, 3D Studio Max all support CUDA and they get some performance boost even with the Gaming cards. So for gaming cards, CUDA is a nice add on. I have personal experience with Adobe Premier and talking from my experience. Obviously they don't perform in the level of a workstation card but still a good add on.

Regarding the new launch, I think they have some faulty GTX 570 with some shaders disabled during the fabrication process. So they are clearing those stocks with a rebranding; GTX 560 Ti 448 Edition. Nvidia is using this re-branding for a long time: Remember 9600 GSO 192Bit was actually a re-branded 8800GS.

RahulB

Journeyman
Like I said professional side CUDA is good, a lot of VFX house like ILM, WETA use CUDA for simulations.. you use it in case of Adobe Premiere.... I use it in case of Autodesk Maya... Huge Professional Applications...

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
*www.fudzilla.com/graphics/item/24996-asus-engtx-560-ti-448-pictured
*www.fudzilla.com/images/stories/2011/November/Asus560ti448c.jpg

TODAY IS THE DAY OF LAUNCH.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the 1st review is out:-

EVGA GeForce GTX560Ti FTW 448-Core

A bit callous as it doesn't compare it with 560Ti and 6950 cards. But performance was closer to 570 at an MSRP of $289. Would like to see how it performs against 560Ti Hawk though. ;)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thats too good. 289$ for 65mhz oced EVGA 560ti FTW and gives almost same performance of GTX570 (just 2-5 fps short).
(both GTX570 and 560 ti 448 run at 732mhz at stock)
i think it will be good alternate to 300$+ 570s which use reference PCBs with VRM issues.

but no other reviews. a comparison with 6950 would have been nice.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another one:-

MSI N560GTX-448 Twin Frozr III Power Edition Review - Overclockers Club

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ weird review. Can't understand the graphs and the must have games for benchmarking aren't there.

By the time it reaches India, we'd have next gen series. I guess.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this is a much better review with newer games tested:-

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores Review

A picture says a thousand words:-

*images.hardwarecanucks.com/image//skymtl/GPU/GTX-560-448/GTX-560-448-60.jpg

However, the price difference with most stock 6950 is just about same. So ultimately it evens out IMO.

Anandtech Review: *www.anandtech.com/show/5153/nvidias-geforce-gtx-560-ti-w448-cores-gtx570-on-a-budget/1

Last edited:
Top Bottom