Nvidia's Hybrid SLI is Reaching its End

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AuDioFreaK39

Nvidia's Hybrid SLI is Reaching its End

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/3892/nvidiablack3dix2.gif

Not supported on GTX 285, 295

At CES 2008, Nvidia announced a new power saving multi-GPU technology known as Hybrid SLI. There were originally two concepts behind this technology.

The first idea, known as Hybrid Power, significantly reduces system power draw in non-GPU intensive applications when a system with certain integrated Nvidia GeForce motherboard GPU and certain discrete Nvidia GeForce graphics card models is running on Windows Vista. The second idea, known as GeForce Boost, combines the power of an mGPU with a discrete GPU in order to deliver higher performance.

Continue Reading

Hybrid SLI may not be usable when the strength difference of the GPUs are damn low, but hybrid power ? thats AWESOME. Even ATI does not have it.

jaimcnutt

Right off the assembly line
I just seen that ATI has come out with hybrid crossfire now so I don't know about ATI not having it??? I think Nvidia will hang on for a bit with this technology. I use it and it is great.

Hybrid SLI may not be usable when the strength difference of the GPUs are damn low, but hybrid power ? thats AWESOME. Even ATI does not have it.

They do now

Last edited:
I just seen that ATI has come out with hybrid crossfire now so I don't know about ATI not having it??? I think Nvidia will hang on for a bit with this technology. I use it and it is great.

They do now
ATI has had hybrid crossfire longer than nvidia has had hybrid SLI.

I am talking about hybrid power not hybrid SLI.

jaimcnutt

Right off the assembly line
I see I guess I misunderstood you. Hybrid SLI though is broken down into two categories which are Geforce boost and hybrid power. You have to have a Hybrid SLI capable mobo and GPU to use either of them while the Geforce boost only works on their lower end video cards.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Thankfully Hybrid CrossFireX is here to stay. Helps when mostly we buy 780G or 790GX mobos and if there's a high end gpu, there's lots of power saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom