Nvidia 320.49 driver problem

anandharaja

In the zone
hi,
yesterday i updated driver to nvidia 320.49 version after that system hangs lots of time, and most of the time got error "nvidia display driver stops working and recovered automatically" any one facing this problem or only for me?

quicky008

Technomancer
Nvidia has been releasing a lot of buggy display drivers of late and 320.49 is no exception-I'd suggest that you completely remove this driver from your system and install an older version of the driver such as 314.22 which is considered much more reliable.

OP
anandharaja

anandharaja

In the zone
Nvidia has been releasing a lot of buggy display drivers of late and 320.49 is no exception-I'd suggest that you completely remove this driver from your system and install an older version of the driver such as 314.22 which is considered much more reliable.

Can't believe buggy display driver will kill the GPU

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...nything-after-320-18-even-whql-certified.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've heard before buggy driver making gpus gone bad while just installing them and faced a similar issue .. from that time I don't download updated drivers unless they are absolutely necessary.

masterkd

Padawan
I was also having issues with 320.18
Moved back to 314.22
Will wait a while for Guinea p... errr :mrgreen: users to test before updating

moniker

Broken In
Guys is the latest 326.19 beta better? Or will I be better off going back to 314.22? I'm on 320.49 and my lappy heats up like hell.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I've heard before buggy driver making gpus gone bad while just installing them and faced a similar issue .. from that time I don't download updated drivers unless they are absolutely necessary.

same here for me. I had downloaded and installed graphic drivers as soon as they are released. But from now onwards, I don't download updated drivers unless they are absolutely necessary.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Driver updates are like bios updates .. only update when absolutely necessary :p

Guys is the latest 326.19 beta better? Or will I be better off going back to 314.22? I'm on 320.49 and my lappy heats up like hell.

Roll back to the previous versions if you are not facing any issues with that.

Top Bottom