Nvdia gt630 problem!

nickzcool

Broken In
Guys two weeks back i purchased new gpu for my rig which is :- nvdia gt630 1gb ddr3 (importer name forsa) it worked like a charm.
my rig specifications:-
Mobo:- intel mercury 945
Cpu :- e4600 2.40
2gb ddr2 ram
Intex 450 watt psu
Now when iwas playing darksiders and crisis 1 on low settings on my pc i got really good fraps60 - 100 on a resolution of 800* 600 and on low settings. Now after ending these games. I upgraded from xpsp3 to windows 7 ultimate. And played nacrovision on it it also ran good and even 50-60 fraps on medium settings. While playing nacrovision my gpu behaved strangely an started giving low gpu usage. I managed it some how but now iam trying to play prototype 2 .which dosent even give more than 15 fps no matyer what the settings are no change in frame rate. I even downgraded to xp again but in vain. I dont know what went wrong or what might be the reason for this. The gpu usage on crysis , prototype 2 does not go above 50%
Where as if i run a rendering test it jumps off to 98-99% plese suggest a solution . Iam really dis appointed with performance. Especially after ExPeRiEnCe of what this card can perform.

Cilus

laborare est orare
For Windows 7, 4GB Ram is very much recommended. Assuming that you have installed Win 7 64 bit version, get another 2GB DDR2 Ram. Also download the latest nVidia Driver for your Graphics Card, uninstall the older one from Add or Remove Program, restart and then install the latest driver. Hope it will solve your problem.

OP
N

nickzcool

Broken In
I have 32 bit windows installed and the latest drivers of the card.and it is not about windows 7 this behaviour is on xp too. Card is not performing .no gpu usage even on the games i have played before on the same pc with the gpu usage going to 99.

Maybe you messed up something in nvidia control panel. I have radeon graphic card and in CCC centre there is an option to use only onboard gpu. See if there is any similar option

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
for the lower end GT series newer drivers bring more problems than improvement.. in my case, when i used the GT520, the 296.10 driver realese was the best. when i upgraded to 301.42, it showed dismal frame rates.

try 296.10 and use 64bit OS.

Top Bottom