ntlmaps - installation problem with .bat file, says i require admin access

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewinster

Broken In
Hi, I have a lenovo Y510 with Windows Vista running on it.

I tried to install ntlmaps on my comp because I am behind a proxy server.

Now, one particular step of the installation requires the execution of a batch file which has the following contents: -

"@ echo off
echo Copying Files...
mkdir "%windir%\reskit"
copy srvany\*.* "%windir%\reskit\"
copy /Y server-win.cfg "%programfiles%\ntlmaps\server.cfg"
copy /Y ntlmaps-srv.bat "%programfiles%\ntlmaps\"
echo.
echo Creating service "ntlmaps"
"%windir%\reskit\instsrv.exe" ntlmaps "%windir%\reskit\srvany.exe"
echo.
echo Done.
echo.
pause"

I guess it tries to edit the registry. The batch file is not executed and I get an error saying thta only users with administrator previledges can do this... (somethign like that).

Generally if that is the case, windows Vista puts the screen in background and asks me for permission, but here - there is no permission asked. Which means that the execution assumes i am not the administrator.

Now, thats the problem cuz this is the only account on my comp (apart from a aguest account).

How do I get around it? Can I execute the steps manually? If yes, what are those steps? Please help!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!

This line requires administrator privelages. I dont use vista, but try running the batch file as administrator.

OP
T

thewinster

Broken In
This line requires administrator privelages. I dont use vista, but try running the batch file as administrator.

Why would I have not tried it myself? I have only one account - that is what I'm using right now. If ever something requires Admin Previlidges, Vista suspends my desktop, brings in another dialog box and gives me the options it would give to the admin. [Let's face it - its my lappie, I have to be the admin]

The point is, this line requires admin previliedges, then why is it not asking for permission? Why is it halted without execution?

And even if it is halted, what do I have to do so that I can carry out the execution manually? As in, what do i need to copy, what settings do i need to change and so forth!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Create a new shortcut somewhere, and in its properties box, change the target to

and in the start in box, put the complete path of the installation directory where this batch file is found.

click okay, and run it. you will be asked for privelages if required.

Just guessing, you might want to wait for answers from people who actually use vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom