Now what is lacking?

maninder4k

Broken In
My PC Configurations are as follows:-

Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) 145 Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.8GHz
RAM: 3200MB as shown by Windows XP (Actually installed 2 RAM of 2 GB each of 1333 MHz)
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (1GB DDR3)
Harddisk: 78GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD080HJ (SATA) (Will be replacing it soon with 500 GB)
MotherBoard: Manufacturer= SIMM 760D3(V1) Model= 760G-M (CPU 1)

So what is the problem now? I am not satisfied with the performance which PC is giving although it plays HD Videos nicely but is unable to play it smoothly without effecting the overall performance.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Hard To Ignore Video Playback Quirks On The 2400 PRO And 8400 GS : AVIVO HD vs. Purevideo HD Part 3: Midrange and Low-end Card Performance

I think 8400 GS is not up to the Mark when it comes to playing HD Content.

Get a GT240 maybe.

OP
maninder4k

maninder4k

Broken In
Thanks for suggestion Tech_Wiz :)

I want to know one more thing that my Internal graphics is 512 MB ATI Radeon 3000 Series .... I think it's performance is more than the External 8400 GS ... Is this True?

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
maninder - try running videos in a different player. Im sure ure using vlc.... try Windows media player, cyberlink powerdvd or GOM player. U cud also try updating the VLC player.

it could also be a problem with ur drivers. - UR PC IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO PLAY HD VIDEOS. HECK U CUD DO A LOT MORE TOO..!! NJOI! :)

OP
maninder4k

maninder4k

Broken In
I think no Player is better than Windows Media Player in playing HD Videos with full High Definition. Thanks for the Advice by the way :mrgreen:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
I think no Player is better than Windows Media Player in playing HD Videos with full High Definition. Thanks for the Advice by the way :mrgreen:

Nobody is blind here buddy, you can reduce the font size:wink:

BTW read this in your spare time and decide which player is the best.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
VLC is the best.
Why dont you move to windows 7 it might increase the performance a bit

And get a 64 bit win 7.You can use full 4 gb ram

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all none of the AMD motherboard have hd 3450 as IGP, it must be either 3200 or 3300 and 8400GS offers better performance than those.
serpent16, just because VLC can play plenty of formats, don't conclude it is the best. VLC has lots of issues with hardware decoding of videos.

maninder4k, from my personal experience, download SPlayer and install it. It's around 10 MB of size and can play almost every format and most importantly support GPU acceleration for HD playback. After installing, open it and right click inside the player window. Select Option, go to the Advanced Tab, select the Radio button 'High Picture quality mode' and select the 'Graphics Hardware acceleration.' This setting will decode the video using your 8400GS card. If you're still finding issues then select the High performance mode.

OP
maninder4k

maninder4k

Broken In
Serpent16 Windows 7 have really increased the speed & Performance after I have installed it Today & Cilus SPlayer is really a good player! :) Thanks to All...

Top Bottom